Max...a Million - Mighty Max!

• May 22, 2009 4:06 AM PDT

• May 22, 2009 4:11 AM PDT
    Max was hospitalized yesterday after going in for a "routine" platelet treatment with what appeared to be an infected mosquito bite. Well, his white cell, red cell and platelet counts were all below chart and he had a fever of 101. They now are fairly certain it was a spider bite and he is getting massive antibiotics and already received 2 pints of blood.

Max needs all the prayers and encouragement he can possibly get right now, so if you could please take a few minutes to send him a card, we would really appreciate it.

Mighty Max!
    • 5420 posts
    May 22, 2009 4:46 AM PDT
    Dana,

I will definately be sending Max a card, and I hope that ALL of our visitors will do the same.  If you can think of any little things we can send along to cheer up Max, let us know.

Here is a picture of the CycleFish logo that Max drew...

• May 22, 2009 6:55 AM PDT
    !!! I love you Lucky. Thank you from the bottom of my burning Harley heart!! It is as I say every chance I get to these media people and in my poem I posted on the site..we take care of our own. Tears of joy and bittersweetness fall you.

TigerLady Tiger 
  • May 22, 2009 10:40 AM PDT
    UPDATE: Max is holding his own and has kept his temperature down since last night. If he remains stable, he can begin the actual treatment he went in for. I had placed some calls and sent emails right away today, and have already been told of some get well cards the Lil' Bro has coming to him. My Sista-Friend Amy Dorr of Holstein's Harley-Davidson in Omaha,NE has recieved 420 cards so far TODAY!! They are from her babysitters class-mates and her neighbor, who is a teachers', class! Words can't express how awesome that is. Please keep the Angel Circle growing.
    • 19037 posts
    May 22, 2009 12:51 PM PDT

Hang Tough Lil Bro,
    The Road Dog here, and I am looking forward to meeting you very soon. You gotta be one Kool Dude with all those Kool friends you have.

• May 24, 2009 1:47 AM PDT
    UPDATE: Mighty Max is sure living up to his name! Doing well and getting, or should I stay getting BACK to be fiesty. A sure sign he's doing better. Hope he can come home tomarrow and see all that the cyclefish people have done for him. I'll let everyone know when that happens. Lucky had asked about any little somethings that could help cheer him up to go w/ the cards. ANYTHING to do w/ bikes, of course. He likes monster trucks, too.Pics and postcards from where ever that say the state or landmarks.You bikers know what we all like! After the 420 cards from Amy, the count is 18,014!!! And growing.
    • 5420 posts
    May 24, 2009 2:13 AM PDT
    That is GREAT news. I am so glad to here he is feeling a little better.

What size t-shirt does Max wear?
    • 19037 posts
    May 24, 2009 3:37 AM PDT
    Hey Max, Here is a photo of your buddy Scotty, from Alaska. Tiger Lady asked me to post it for you and all to see.

Take Care

• May 24, 2009 5:14 AM PDT
    Be hapy to send Max a card and well wishes. He seems like a great little boy, you should post some more pictures of Max.

Is he your little boy TigerLady?
  • May 24, 2009 6:46 AM PDT
    SweetSoftTail wrote...
    Be hapy to send Max a card and well wishes. He seems like a great little boy, you should post some more pictures of Max.

Is he your little boy TigerLady?

Thank you for sending him cards!! He is not my son, he is my best friends 10 year old boy. You may remember I held a run for him last weekend, May 16th that had been posted here. That's why it hit us all so hard, after seeing him have such a blast at the run. He was too sick to come last year, so it was extra special.

Lucky..I'd say shirt size, large youth in H-D wear fits him good w/ room to grow. He proudly wears his Valley Forge, PA one sent to him by Road Dog! Lil' Bro will have more Harley shirts than ME before you know it! He likes do-rags too!

• May 25, 2009 2:44 AM PDT
    UPDATE: I am very happy to report on this Memorial Day that Mighty Max is at the edge of the woods! Not totally out yet, but white cell count was up to 1,000 today! Phenominal in his case. Hadn't gotten to show him anything on here yet, but soon as he get's home, he and I will sit down and see what all his bros have been doing for him. Thanks for all the support, I need it too! XO Keep you all posted!
    • 910 posts
    May 25, 2009 5:15 AM PDT
    This is wonderful to hear. Let Mighty Max know he'll be receiving more cards from AdventureGirl. You have my prayers and good thoughts little man. Keep fighting!
    • 19037 posts
    May 26, 2009 1:10 AM PDT
    Hey Max, another one from Dana for you.

• 5420 posts
    May 26, 2009 3:15 AM PDT
    Thanks for the update...It's great to hear Max is doing better!
    • 81 posts
    May 26, 2009 4:17 AM PDT
    Hey Max, You have lots of prayers and a few cards coming from Texas!!!

• May 26, 2009 4:38 AM PDT
    UPDATE: First let me says thank you to everyone for all the cool messages and especially the prayers. MAX IS HOME!! Even if only for a few days, as he goes back in on Thursday for his next schedualed treatment. At least he made it thru that scare and can be home for a while. Super happy to see all the new "Bros and Sistas" he's made across the country. I'll bring up any cards he gets while in Children's Hospital, Omaha. It really gives he and his Mom a boost when they really need it. Keep the Angel Circle rollin'. All my gratitude...TigerLady
  • May 26, 2009 8:25 AM PDT
    Dana, I have a picture of Max @ I's in Crescent before we rode to the last stop - I'm having issue's posting it. I'll email you the photo so you can post
  • May 26, 2009 8:27 AM PDT
    Dana, I have a picture of Max @ I's in Crescent before we rode to the last stop - I'm having issue's posting it. I'll email you the photo so you can post it ....
    Anni

• 212 posts
    May 26, 2009 12:06 PM PDT
    Tigerlady, what a great friend you are!! Max so glad to here you are better. I am a medic for extreme sports and do lots of motorcycle races, I will try and get you some cool pictures from some riders. Be looking for some cards from all riders in Oklahoma. My prayers and thoughts are with you. Patti
    • 5420 posts
    June 4, 2009 5:33 AM PDT
    Hey Dana, any updates on how Max is doing? I got him a cool skull cap, gonna pick him up a t-shirt too and send them out.
  • June 4, 2009 3:08 PM PDT
    Even though we have not met we wish you a full recovery so you can play with your friends and make your parrents crazy. We are all pulling for you dude.
    The Brookshire family
  • June 4, 2009 11:37 PM PDT
    Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't been on in a while but just got back to work after back surgery so getting back into the swing. As for Mighty Max, he just had a treatment and got home yeterday after being @ Children's-Omaha, NE for 5 days. He's only a couple treatments behind now and hanging in there. His hair had started to come back, but now it's coming out again. Looks good, though, and last night got to go see his school friend play softball! He looks forward to any outing he can attend. Thanks for all the prayers, I know they helped get us ALL thru the spider bite scare. I'll let you know what the card count is up to after Bambi gets to the post office later today. I got him a cool H-D one w/ a yellow (our favorite color!) bike on the front. It said hope you feel better soon on front, and inside it said, but you can't get better than a Harley! He agreed and loved it!! I'll update again soon.

Ride On! TigerLady..Dana
    • 19037 posts
    June 5, 2009 6:22 AM PDT
    Hey Tiger Lady,
    Be sure to tell Max I will be out that way soon and I am looking forward to seeing him and his family. Oh Yeah, you too.
    Mike
  • June 5, 2009 11:08 PM PDT
    Oh yeah..me too!? Geeze..LMAO! Not half as much as me! XXOO