the new Harley 48

• 1509 posts
    February 10, 2010 9:20 AM PST
    Not sure? Looks like it is trying to be something it is not.
    • 5420 posts
    March 19, 2010 4:03 AM PDT
    Still have yet to see one in person!!!
    • 1161 posts
    March 19, 2010 7:54 AM PDT
    It looks ok but I think it needs a bigger tank and Mini Apes on it.
    • 568 posts
    March 30, 2010 3:15 AM PDT
    i likes!!!
    the tractor seat would look better attached ta the frame instead of suspended up there (springer seats look totally stupid on anything other than a hardtail, IMO)
    and yes, put some apes on her and ye'll have a pretty dacent baby bad ass motor!
  • March 30, 2010 4:42 AM PDT
    Sportster's sposed to look like this.............

• 5420 posts
    April 5, 2010 11:26 AM PDT
    Ok, I finally saaw one in person.  Like I said before, kinda looks like a Sportster with a custom tank and a few hours of mods.  Wasn't that excited by it.
    • 834 posts
    September 10, 2010 3:07 AM PDT
    I agree. Just saw one myself and not really sure what is all the unique about it.
  • September 10, 2010 7:53 AM PDT
    i like the front tire and the blacked out components, but would rather see harley davidson take a new look at building an entry level bike that had suspension, and a water cooled motor from this decade and not from the 60's.
    • 0 posts
    November 8, 2010 5:24 AM PST
    I did a first service on a 48 yesti..It had the screaming eagle kit on it and is a fair bike of bike for the price...I thought it would handle shit with the big front tyre but it was ok..I'm not exactly a little bloke but it was quite comfortable and i reckon it would make a cool little bar hopper..CHEERS BOOF
  • November 8, 2010 11:16 AM PST
    I like the front end set up but it really would need a bigger tank. I think you would be stoppin for fuel a whole lot! Like BOOF said probably be a fun little runabout:-) I think a bobbed fender and some apes be right on.
  • November 8, 2010 1:59 PM PST
    I may be able to put y'alls mind to rest ... I had one of these for a/b 5months.
    It is definitely set up for a smaller/shorter guy/woman. I'm 5'6...so it fit me well.
    It does look pretty cool, yet the vibration one gets at 60 and above is a bit uncomfortable...that's why I got rid of mine and went w/ the SG.
    If anything, it's a good bike for boppin around town or within a 40-50 mile radius. Beyond that, you better look like finding a gas station....since the tank only holds 2.1gallons.
    • 1066 posts
    November 8, 2010 2:20 PM PST
    It just ain't natural to have that much black on one motorcycle. I enjoy a black Harley as much as the next guy, but it"s got to have some Chrome, Chrome, Chrome.
  • November 14, 2010 10:10 AM PST
    after riding a sporty that i personally chopped (mildly) ill say i like the look of it- as hd i think is tryin like hell to apeal to a younger generation- and even with my 3.3 gallon tank i was still stoppin every 125 miles or so for fuel- and to rest my ass- lol as mine wore struts
  • November 20, 2010 8:47 PM PST
    Over here in Australia there is a HD dealers build off. 49 dealers here each have a 48 to customise anyway they want to. Then its up to the people to vote on the end result and the winner.
    www.harleyjudgementday .com.au
    Have a look and enjoy them all.
    • 5420 posts
    November 23, 2010 3:23 AM PST
    Some real nice work on most of those 48's