What famous people have you met ?

• 1040 posts
    January 30, 2010 8:38 AM PST
    g wrote...
    duno any of them folks u guy have meet ?

OK g...Common...Ya don't even know John Wayne?   

• February 3, 2010 3:47 PM PST

Took a Ride with Willi  in his bus

• g
    February 3, 2010 8:19 PM PST
    fxrdude wrote...
    g wrote...
    duno any of them folks u guy have meet ?

OK g...Common...Ya don't even know John Wayne?   

aye, thats thon guy that walks funny ,and i also know that shwartsnigger dude ,
  • g
    February 3, 2010 8:23 PM PST
    this the guy ??..
    • 16 posts
    February 3, 2010 10:00 PM PST
    Absolutely nobody. No movie stars, athletes, politicians, or mass murderers. Am I missing something?
    • 19046 posts
    February 3, 2010 10:11 PM PST
    None that I remember but I was once asked if I was Sonny Barger.
  • February 3, 2010 11:18 PM PST
    Paul Sr. at Sturgis last year.
  • February 4, 2010 4:39 AM PST
    We have had the pleasure of Rusty Weir (may he rest his soul), Billy Joe Shaver, Paula Nelson (willie's daughter), and many more great musical talents! We have pics of all of them www.loosewheelstexas.com. check them out!
    • 5 posts
    February 7, 2010 9:13 AM PST
    Mohhamad Ali & BB King
  • February 7, 2010 10:13 AM PST
    Kenny Wayne Shepherd back in the mid 90's - he was just a kid then - got his autograph at the Spirit Festival in Kansas City. Also a funny one, Jim Dandy from Black Oak Arkansas - got his autograph - he kissed me on the lips but his breath stunk and he was all sweaty so that ruined the fantansy - awwwwww
    • 513 posts
    February 7, 2010 10:30 AM PST
    RiderTom wrote...
    Paul Sr. at Sturgis last year.

I know who RiderTom is, but who is the goofey guy with the sunglasses?

• February 7, 2010 10:40 AM PST
    kevin fowler, seth james, reuben v., i knew them before they hit the big time. sit and drink a beer knew'em.
    • 601 posts
    February 8, 2010 7:08 AM PST
    met a few but they were mostly politicians...so i wouldn't dignify them by recognising them. Rory Gallagher lived on my street and i used to meet him a lot, but he would never act like he was anything but an ordinary guy. I still have some great memories of him, no photos just memories and they last longer than pics....Same as Dyna who's the fat fecker in the red tee....Met his son Mikey in Daytona 09. another langer!!
    • 1364 posts
    February 6, 2011 1:48 AM PST
    Our latest outting we met Lemmy from Motorhead and a few months back we met Slash, Slash gotta kick signing Joey.
    • 9 posts
    February 6, 2011 3:45 AM PST
    After reading and seeing everyone's pic's, I kinda feel lame. And the one pic I did have got sold off with my storage unit in Toledo. But here goes...I partied with Lynard Skynard in the underground of Atlanta, one month before Pronounced dropped. We didn't even know it was them until the album came out and we recognized the "band guys". They told us they were gonna be famous, but my sister and I thought they were just talking trash...it amazes me that I ended up living in Jacksonville, where they were(are) from. Maybe you've been to the "Freebird" saloon in Jacksonville Beach. I have also met Aerosmith (Steven Tyler was my "dream do".) Steve Perry from Journey, Stevie Nicks, Jethro Tull-The Band, Blue Oyster Cult, Ten Years After, Ted Nugent, Bob Seger, Michael McDonald and the Doobie Brothers, John "Cougar" Mellencamp, Stevey Ray Vaughn, and a host of others. I do still have many of the ticket stubs for the shows. I kept them in my memory box, so that I could show my kid how cool I used to be!
    Needless to say, he wasn't impressed...But I WAS! Ride Free
    Tweek
  • February 6, 2011 11:36 PM PST
    Dolly Parton, Vince Gill, and John Denver.....do they count? Got to lean to the country side.
    • 19046 posts
    February 7, 2011 1:41 AM PST
    I forgot one and I bet very few will remember him. When I was stationed on Guam and driving a cab for extra income I gave CMDR Lloyd Bucher a ride. And I didn't trip the meter when I realized it was him.
    • 58 posts
    February 7, 2011 6:24 AM PST
    No pics, but list includes Jay Leno, Clint Eastwood, Bob Hope, Willie Nelson.
  • February 7, 2011 9:11 AM PST
    I lived in Aspen Co. for about 10 years so the list is to long but sure did have some fun kicking back a few at the J bar when Jack Nickleson and Hunter Thompson were around
    • 223 posts
    February 7, 2011 2:07 PM PST
    I've only met a few. 

Norma Zimmer (if anyone remembers her from Lawrence Welk), Sarah Ophelia Colley Cannon also known as Minnie Pearl, Alabama, Nicky Cruz (remember the book, The Cross and the Switchblade?), Richard Thomas (John Boy Walton, he's an ass, btw), Willie Nelson, John Mellancamp, Sammy Hagar (arrogant ass, btw) Valerie Bertinelli, Soo Catwoman (anyone remember her?), dunno if Kathleen Sabilus (former Kansas governor) could be considered a celebrity, but I cornered her at a political "party" then told her she was an idiot and walked out on her...

Who would I like to meet?  Joan Jett... *drool* 
    • 9 posts
    February 7, 2011 7:44 PM PST
    Back in the early 70's I got to spend the day with Paul Newman at Summit Point Raceway, I also knew the owner of "The Cellar Door" in Wash. D.C. around then so I got to meet a bunch of folks before they hit it big, ie: James Taylor, Joni Mitchel, John Denver, The Dillards, Tom Waits & such. I have a brother who works in the White House so that helps add to the list...LOL
    • 3006 posts
    February 13, 2011 3:34 AM PST
    Arlen Ness,best bike builder in the country & a fine person. A decent guy,local boy who done good !!
    • 277 posts
    February 13, 2011 4:02 AM PST
    Found the picture of me and Susie Essman - from Curb Your Enthusiasm

• February 13, 2011 7:06 AM PST
    Back stage after their show in Del Mar Ca. I met Jane Weidlin and Belinda Carlisle of the GO-GOS. I need to get out more often i guess but I'm not really star struck though. If anyone can arrange a meeting for me with Mariah Carey I would be grateful though.
    • 0 posts
    February 13, 2011 7:28 AM PST
    Gday ..I met Steve Irwin at his zoo on the sunshine coast a few years back..I met Paul hogan when i was an extra in the mini series The ANZACS a long time ago when i was a mere slip of a lad.Russell Crowe was drinking in a pub in Melbourne on avie and I had a couple of beers with him..Last but not least Kylie Minogue..She was a special guest at a club when she first released her first single locomotion back in the day..My mates dared me to ask her to dance so i walked across tapped her on the shoulder and thats the last I remember about our meeting because her minder king hit me and I woke up out on the street..Oh and I met Rupert at Sturgis last year and he autographed a book for my Mum to help her fight against cancer..He truly is a bloody ripper bloke..CHEERS BOOF