TOAK

• 30 posts
    March 28, 2024 7:55 AM PDT
    OKMICK said: No group post counts! Blasphemy. I noticed that as well. I guess if we only post in here, we can more easily keep track.
    • 33 posts
    March 28, 2024 7:55 AM PDT

Morning Gents! Chris, I wasn't sure if that was your new lens or the latest version of the space shuttle. Pretty Cool.....

It's also "entertaining" how MM/MC is really posturing on the old TOAK now that his detractors are gone. I considered a reply to his latest insult this morning but decided not to give it any credence. 

• 33 posts
    March 28, 2024 8:02 AM PDT

Mornin, Stan. Big Bend is sneakin up.

• 33 posts
    March 28, 2024 8:03 AM PDT
    OKMICK said:

Mornin, Stan. Big Bend is sneakin up.

It can't come fast enough Mick. Will be my highlight of the last 6 months.
    • 30 posts
    March 28, 2024 8:38 AM PDT

Is MM the MC for certain? He sure acts like it.

From here, Big Bend is 330ish miles away. About 8 hours away. A good day ride and a night stay would be what it took. A turn and burn would be rough. 

• 7 posts
    March 28, 2024 9:43 AM PDT

OKMICK said: Someone tell me how to change the display order of posts so the most recent appear first. I believe Russ alluded to this as well. Where's AL when you need him? Unplug, plug. πŸ™ nevada72 said:Yeah, I cannot find a setting other than Time Zone Mick. I just hit "Last" at the top and scroll backwards. It's a bit like the old AOL days though.  

This is a bit cumbersome, but at least gets you to the last page you read. Drag the link from your browser to the desktop or a folder you make for it anywhere, then open properties on the icon it made and copy and paste the address from the browser into the URL line in the properties box. You click on this link and it takes you to that page and you can log in there. Why it doesn't include the page number when you drag the link in the first place I don't know, first I've seen that doesn't work like that.

Old AOL days... I was invited to be a Beta tester, was sent floppy disks to install it. Took one look, said it's crap, and still think it is. Unfortunately that's what Carol used for years and now that she can't comprehend anything new, I occasionally have to fix the problems it causes. It's even worse than Outlook, if that's possible.

This post was edited by imold at March 28, 2024 10:06 AM PDT
    • 7 posts
    March 28, 2024 9:48 AM PDT

Sure is clumsy trying to format a post other than default, but I guess we'll get used to it, or figure it out.

• 5420 posts
    March 28, 2024 9:48 AM PDT

Welcome, This is Lucky, the Founder of CycleFish.  Glad to see you guys using the forums.  I see you have some enhancements you would like to see, and we are happy to look into them and to include them if we can.  However, I would recommend that if you have suggestions, put them all together and use the Contact Us link us link (at the bottom of every page on the site) and let us know what they are.  Again, we will do our best to include them when we can based on how much programming time it takes.

Don't forget to explore the rest of our site!

~Lucky

• 33 posts
    March 28, 2024 10:00 AM PDT

Good to meet you Lucky, being the founder as well. Thanks - 

• 7 posts
    March 28, 2024 10:04 AM PDT

Thanks Lucky. You may have guessed the folks that joined on this thread are friends that found themselves needing a new meeting place. No, we didn't misbehave and get kicked out, it just changed in undesirable ways and being a friendly bunch we wanted a more friendly place to hang out and maybe even find more friends. We were spoiled by a few bells and whistles this forum doesn't have, but I don't see anything missing we can't live without, this site has the basics and then some, nice clean look compared to many. I won't get into details now, let the guys discuss that and come up with suggestions, if any. Thanks for the offer and welcome.

• 5420 posts
    March 28, 2024 10:26 AM PDT

πŸ‘The main difference is the place you came from was primarily a forum website, whereas CycleFish is primarily known as a resource for finding Events, Biker Friendly, Place and such, and the forum was an add-in. However, as I said, since this group that recently joined is actively using the forum, we are open to suggestions too make it better and more convenient for you!

p.s. - I'll jump out of your conversation now, so if you have suggestions, just use the Contact Us at the bottom of the page 😊

This post was edited by Lucky at March 28, 2024 10:30 AM PDT
    • 17 posts
    March 28, 2024 11:48 AM PDT
    Lucky said:

πŸ‘The main difference is the place you came from was primarily a forum website, whereas CycleFish is primarily known as a resource for finding Events, Biker Friendly, Place and such, and the forum was an add-in. However, as I said, since this group that recently joined is actively using the forum, we are open to suggestions too make it better and more convenient for you!

p.s. - I'll jump out of your conversation now, so if you have suggestions, just use the Contact Us at the bottom of the page 😊

Feel free to hang out any time Lucky. We’re all riders and enjoy talking bikes, riding, travel, and pretty much anything else. And thanks for the intro!
    • 33 posts
    March 28, 2024 11:57 AM PDT
    nevada72 said:

Feel free to hang out any time Lucky. We’re all riders and enjoy talking bikes, riding, travel, and pretty much anything else. And thanks for the intro!

"Anything else" may include discussions regarding wimmenz, in an effort to understand their thought process.
    • 10 posts
    March 28, 2024 12:05 PM PDT

Thank you for the welcome, Lucky & nice to meet you 

• 10 posts
    March 28, 2024 12:12 PM PDT

Worked on being an office dog today... her 2nd time here, she shit got over excited and shit on my floor the first time around. This time was much better, she even closed her eyes after 4.5 hours. 

• 33 posts
    March 28, 2024 12:20 PM PDT

BTLorys said: Worked on being an office dog today... her 2nd time here, she shit got over excited and shit on my floor the first time around. This time was much better, she even closed her eyes after 4.5 hours. 

Whoops, it happens. She feels better now. lol

This post was edited by NorthernGlide59 at March 28, 2024 12:39 PM PDT
    • 33 posts
    March 28, 2024 12:58 PM PDT

Quiz. What is wrong with this picture?

• 30 posts
    March 28, 2024 1:00 PM PDT

Hi Lucky, thanks for stopping in to say hello. Brian, I wish I could bring my dog here. She'd be a nice addition and a way to make the day more enjoyable. Oh well, she gets scared when she hears gunfire, so maybe it's for the best.

• 10 posts
    March 28, 2024 1:14 PM PDT

I'm gonna go with the bike and snowblower need to be flipped. 

Chris, she would make so many friends in the back of the car, I think she'd put up with a gun shot here and there. Just tell her they're blanks. 

• 30 posts
    March 28, 2024 2:17 PM PDT
    MN59 said: Quiz. What is wrong with this picture? Can't get the bike out with the snow blower in the way. I choose what's behind door number one. Stan, show him what he's won!
    • 36 posts
    March 28, 2024 4:06 PM PDT

Lucky, thanks for popping in and I introducing yourself. Moreover, thanks for taking in the refugees!

Mick, as Lucky suggested, we can make a list and submit the suggestions. I’ve already sent a request for the sort function.

• 36 posts
    March 28, 2024 4:07 PM PDT

Chris, the albums work but no more than 10 pictures can be uploaded at a time.

• 36 posts
    March 28, 2024 4:09 PM PDT

Greg is in the house….

• 36 posts
    March 28, 2024 4:28 PM PDT

Nice NN!

• 33 posts
    March 28, 2024 4:35 PM PDT

Hey! It's Greg.