Who out there wear's a spur, beside me?

• 1780 posts
    January 20, 2010 6:24 AM PST
    In my neck of the woods, and I'm not sure why some of us wear only one spur on our boot. Doesn't matter which boot (not a gay thing) and everybody has a reason for wearing their spur. Maybe it is in remberamce of a fallen Brother, or anything you want it to be. I'm not sure where the wearing of one spur came from. Some think it was because Capt. America in Easy Rider had a spur on, however what most people don't know is Capt. America had on two spurs, but the camera angle only showed one.
    I wear my spur in honor of all the Brothers that never came home from the Viet Nam War!

I've attached a picture of my boot and spur......and I show my carry piece. (Colt 45 Combat Elite) just because I throught it looked cool in the picture.

Show us your spur and why you wear it.

The Night Dragon

• January 20, 2010 6:56 AM PST
    I've often thought of wearing one but guess I just haven't gotten around to puchasing one. I like the look too.
  • January 20, 2010 8:47 AM PST
    The last time I wore spurs was in my last rodeo about 13 years ago... I still have them along with my lucky chaps. The wife make be keep them in the garage but I sitll have them.
  • January 20, 2010 10:05 AM PST
    I used to wear a single spur to shift when I was in my 20's.
    • 190 posts
    January 20, 2010 10:10 AM PST
    Wow dragon. That is one pretty damn cool move. We dont see them up here in The rotten Apple. But that is really far out.....If i was still a drinkin man I'd have to buy u a cold one just for the fact that you got that spur for out M.I.A's..
    You 're the real deal brother...
    • 1780 posts
    January 20, 2010 10:14 AM PST
    Some times I get this ....What ya got one spur on for to make your horse go in a circle???? No it is in honor of all my Brothers that never came home from Viet Nam. The person attitude usually changes pretty quick.
    We shall NEVER forget

The Night Dragon
    • 190 posts
    January 20, 2010 12:05 PM PST
    damn. words cant do justice to all the young men and women who died for me so that i can ride my bike and enjoy my freedom. Whenever i come across any service people i always buy them a round and go shake their hands and tell them how much i appreciate them fightin for me so i can ride my motorcycle. That was a good answer you give those assholes,Dragon.
    • 1780 posts
    January 20, 2010 8:18 PM PST
    I have to say Angle Eyes wears a spur as well. I think she just thinks it looks cool, and that's ok.

Dragon
  • g
    January 20, 2010 8:47 PM PST
    wid scratch all ma paint work .
    • 2 posts
    January 21, 2010 1:14 AM PST
    Still have my spurs - Horseback riding never could bring myself to apply them to the horse & they just got in the way. Fear they would really get in the way on a motorcycle.
    Keeping them tho- Were given to me by a long, long ago friend. Will give them to a grandbaby when he/she demonstrates maturity.
  • January 21, 2010 2:53 AM PST
    Used to wear one. Kinda went back to the days of the Cowboy. Horse/Iron Horse
    • 75 posts
    February 3, 2010 7:00 AM PST
    The only reason I've ever seen anyone wear a spur (or spurs) (that wasn't a real horse-riding cowboy) was to use it as a weapon. Just like the guys that carry ball peen hammers. No laws against wearing spurs or carrying a hammer around everywhere. Maybe the spur is symbolic to some bikers because they're riding a "steel horse"... Whatever their reasons, I like and respect yours 'Dragon!
    • 1780 posts
    February 3, 2010 7:15 AM PST
    Nofrets1 wrote...
    The only reason I've ever seen anyone wear a spur (or spurs) (that wasn't a real horse-riding cowboy) was to use it as a weapon. Just like the guys that carry ball peen hammers. No laws against wearing spurs or carrying a hammer around everywhere. Maybe the spur is symbolic to some bikers because they're riding a "steel horse"... Whatever their reasons, I like and respect yours 'Dragon!

Thank you Nofrets1
    Dragon
  • February 3, 2010 7:29 AM PST
    Doesn't that gun drag the ground when you walk?...............
    • 1780 posts
    February 3, 2010 7:37 AM PST
    Flatlander wrote...

What gun??
  • February 3, 2010 8:09 AM PST
    nightdragon wrote...
    Flatlander wrote...

What gun??

The one stuck to your boot in the 1st pic above............
    • 16 posts
    February 3, 2010 8:22 AM PST
    No spurs in North Carolina. About the only "bling" we sport on the bike is a gremlin bell.
    • 1161 posts
    March 21, 2013 4:59 PM PDT
    I'm currently looking for one, I'm having problems finding just one they are sold in pairs.
  • May 29, 2013 1:46 PM PDT
    nightdragon wrote...
    In my neck of the woods some of us wear only one spur on our boot. Doesn't matter which boot...

Of course it doesn't matter which boot, it makes you a god damn forsaken queerbait regardless where you choose to wear it.... 

• 1 posts
    May 29, 2013 2:02 PM PDT
    go for jockey spurs..shorter and don't catch on much...basically more for show than go.
    • 611 posts
    June 29, 2013 5:23 PM PDT
    Well Dragon... I say if ya wanna wear a spur, go for it.
    Me? Hell no! Would remind me too much of that knot-headed horse I owned for 16 years. I figured out that having two brains on the trail was one too many. So I bought a scoot and never looked back. Still have my elk hide riding chaps and my spurs... No, I ain't gonna wear one (or 2) when I ride my bike.
    Edge "NoCowboy" Walker
    • 1855 posts
    June 30, 2013 2:41 AM PDT
    I won't wear one either. Just another thing to get in the way in my way of thinking.

Peace
  • June 30, 2013 12:55 PM PDT
    I used to wear them when riding the rough stock. Some horses needed them and some didn't. I know for a fact that my scooter has enough giddy up and go without having to be spurred. lol Love the personal choices tho.
  • July 19, 2013 7:02 AM PDT
    When I was in the service about 30 something years ago, my swim buddy and I bought a pair together and we each wore one. We were rescue swimmers, and we just thought it looked kinda cool. I have no idea where that thing is now.
  • December 9, 2014 8:57 AM PST
     I ride a 1982 flhc shovelhead....and also wear a spur...right boot..when I ride.  It's to remember all my fallen brothers and sisters.  And there are too many...RIP.