My new old books

• December 29, 2013 4:45 AM PST
    I like antiques. Almost anything old I collect. I just got these 2 books. first is a 1925 Standard Plumbing Fixture Catalog and 2nd is 1881 Bryants Popular History.
  • December 29, 2013 5:00 AM PST
    Indian Authorized Dealer  tin 17"x11" I believe it's from the early 40s
    • 284 posts
    December 29, 2013 9:11 AM PST
    Nice tin in good shape.....
  • December 30, 2013 11:50 AM PST
    Love it. I bought my house after selling a collection (books) I had. It is a fantastic hobby. Question on Bryant. Do you have all four volumes?

Regards

JimmyK
  • December 30, 2013 2:01 PM PST
    I have 2. My father got a hold of Ben Franklin's Mom's family Bible. It had all the names and dates written in it, lent it to the Charleston museum to be authenticated they gave it back said it wasn't but ALL the hand written names and dates pages were cut out and missing
    • 5417 posts
    December 31, 2013 3:58 AM PST
    Cool stuff. I collect old things to, but they are all attached to me :-)
  • December 31, 2013 9:11 AM PST
    Lucky wrote...
    Cool stuff. I collect old things to, but they are all attached to me :-)

Greetings Brother,

Normally I would respond with a simple "What?",...however... having been joyfully married for the last 35+ years, I have learned over the vapor quick passing of the calandars I have spent under the sheets with my beloved.... NEVER in this life, to have made such a statement as yours, let alone...in print.

Perhaps we have a New Years Eve loss of common sense and if so I take pride in being the dutiful and loyal brother to have pointed out the error of your ways.

Or on the other hand.... I perhaps have a jump start on the evening celebrating the passing of 2013 which in my opinion should share it's future with The Unicorn.

LOL just read it back to myself before hitting the send button and I came away with...

WHAT? 

Happy New Year to y'all!

JimmyK

• 1 posts
    January 1, 2014 1:31 AM PST
    Have a book Printed in 1846, it is a german book translating the American Indian toungue of the Navjo. I dont understand a thing in it...lol
    • 3006 posts
    January 4, 2014 2:38 AM PST
    Books are one item I have collected over the years,tho my interest was in sci fi paperbacks from the 40' 50's 60's the most rare are written by one author in particular,that I found out was also liked by a lot of other folks who were paying top dollar for used copies.Major problem with the oldest copies, the paper they were printed on and the backing/bindings were poorly done to begin with and finding any intact at all,is very rare the older they get.
    • 1855 posts
    January 4, 2014 3:44 AM PST
    I had to stop collecting books. I've moved around so much in my life that it was difficult moving them with me. While I did manage to do that for the most part, I also found that having to part with one upset me so that I just got rid of them all on my last move and never bothered again. I'm over it now that reading has become a real chore for me. I had a first edition Edgar. R. Burroughs (entitled Pelucidar) that I don't remember selling but cannot find anywhere.

Now I have a collection of motorcycle parts and old hats; which I never intended to collect but love to wear. People have said that if I'm late for anything it's because I was having trouble deciding what hat to wear.

Thanks for sharing your stuff Dave.