Six Days late

• 1 posts
    December 11, 2013 10:38 AM PST
    So its been awhile since i wrote or commented on anything in here. I'm not appologising, my time has been spent elsewhere. I have to admit i did lose track of time..and in particular a date. 6 days ago, Dec 6, marked the anniversary of a dear friends departure from us. Her ashes are still in an Urn somewhere in North Carolina and will probably remain there for eternity. But be that as it may. Barb Wilson aka Tumbles was a percular type of person..She rode...that in itself is not percular, plenty of women ride. Barb rode long distance by herself. That in itself is a feat not many endure. There will be the detractors of course..but on the whole compare the stats men ride long distance far more than women do..solo. There are more of us its as simple as that.

I miss not being able to argue points with Barb...I might not have agreed with her on many issues..There may have even been a time when i let her down. But the point is I miss a great person. I can honestly say that we had a kind of love for each other. Kindred spirits from another country.

Rest well Barb.....when we meet again we'll be making up for lost time...cruising down the roads in eternity.
  • December 11, 2013 12:19 PM PST
    Amen
    • 3006 posts
    December 12, 2013 8:09 AM PST
    Well said & a fitting tribute to a friend that I cared about deeply.While I never had the opportunity to go ride with her, as I so often wished,I was there in spirit and with my written words.She shared a lot of good storys & some bad ones with me.She helped me thru a dark time after my sister had passed.I am gratefull to have known her as my friend and honored also.
    Thanks for sharing this!

stay safe & enjoy the ride !
    • 5420 posts
    December 12, 2013 8:30 AM PST
    Thanks for the reminder Jonesy. Sometimes it doesn't seem like it has been a whole year, and other times it seems like an eternity since "T" has been around.

I do miss her posts.  Like you said there were plenty of times that her and I would disagree, but the great thing about "T" was when you did disagree with her she would just come back and elaborate her point (sometimes rather strongly!), but she would never put you down or insult you.  Made it kind of fun to have a debate with her knowing she was never going to change her mind, but also knowing she would never get downright nasty :-)

Ride free Barb (
    Tumbles)