Thunder Monster Baffles

• 1780 posts
    January 14, 2010 3:51 AM PST
    This is just a quicky post.....I;m sure a lot of you have heard of Thunder Monster Baffles. If you have not then if you want some more performance out of your scoot look into installing a set of Thunder Monster Baffles in your exhaust. I installed a set in the Dragons exhaust and I could feel the extra power right off. Just go on Google and pull up Thunder Monster Baffles. For a pretty small price you can pump up your power, and the sound is great.

Night Dragon
  • January 14, 2010 3:58 AM PST
    Checking them out. Thanks. Wanted something that doesn't kill the sound. Gotta Go. Ride Hard. Ride Safe!
    • 1040 posts
    January 14, 2010 4:02 AM PST
    You know, I have been looking at those for a while now. I have a set of stock exhaust off my FXR that had a set of SE slash cut slip-on's with no baffles win I bought my bike. I have since put on a set of Python III's which I like a bunch. I have looked high and low for the stock SE baff's but they are a bitch to find so I looked at Big Thunder as an alternative for the SE's. Have never talked to anyone who has used these baffs so always was a little leary to buy em. But now that you say they are the stuff, then I might have to see if they have a set to fit my SE's....Thanks dragon
    • 844 posts
    January 14, 2010 4:12 AM PST
    I read about those somewhere else, never got around to looking into them, and than forgot the name. Gonna check them out right now before I forget again!
    • 1780 posts
    January 14, 2010 4:19 AM PST
    I would rarely put my name on something but, I'm telling ya I had straight exhaust on the Dragon and the guy that painted my bike told me about the Thunder Monsters. So I put a set in......I'm telling you I could actually feel more power in the bike, and the sound was out of this world. Old guys remember back in the day when you had glass pack mufflers on your car, and when you shifted it had this back pressure nosie that would piss off the older people at the time. Kind of hard to explain but I really think everyone will like these baffles.

Dragon
    Tell ya what the first person that put's a set on there bike and thinks they suck....I'll pay for them. This is only a one time deal.
  • g
    January 14, 2010 4:31 AM PST
    i just cut my can in half ,that dose the job,lol
    • 1040 posts
    January 14, 2010 4:59 AM PST
    What exhuast mfgr you runnin dragon?
    • 1780 posts
    January 14, 2010 5:49 AM PST
    fwr...Sampson exhaust
    Dragon
  • January 14, 2010 6:29 AM PST
    If you are running without baffles the TM stuff will make signifigant gains in low/mid performance. These "Loli-pop" type baffles go back to the 50's, and thogh simple. They are effective. I have seen as much as 11FtLb gains across the bottom half of a torque curve; with no loss in peak HP
  • g
    January 14, 2010 6:29 AM PST
    just get ur hand's on one o these boy's.....
    • 5420 posts
    January 14, 2010 7:08 AM PST
    I saw this post and dropped a note to Big City Thunder, and they have already signed up on the site.  So if you have any questions, just drop by their profile and send them a message...

Big City Thunder Profile
  • January 14, 2010 7:10 AM PST
    I have them in my Stainless Creations pipes. Work great. A magazine a while back did a dyno run with just changing them out and proved they work. If I can find it I will link it here.
  • January 14, 2010 7:14 AM PST
    Lucky wrote...
    I saw this post and dropped a note to Big City Thunder, and they have already signed up on the site.  So if you have any questions, just drop by their profile and send them a message...

Big City Thunder Profile

Hey Lucky, Do you ever rest or take a break???

• 1161 posts
    January 14, 2010 2:10 PM PST
    Very cool Thanks Night Dragon!
  • January 20, 2010 12:06 PM PST
    These are the real deal!! I have been running them for years! I know Gail and the gang down at Big City Thunder and they are GREAT!!! They are only about 2 hrs from home and I see them at the local swap meets and events. If you haven't tried them you should and you will not be disapointed.
    Western
    • 1780 posts
    January 21, 2010 9:48 AM PST
    Western I tell ya my mouse motor came alive when I slid a set down my Sampson Up-sweap Fish Tails.
    Night Dragon
    • 1040 posts
    January 21, 2010 11:05 AM PST
    Ya'll sold me. Like I said, I been looking at them a while. I have a set of Screramin Eagle slip on's with no baffles so I want to get a set for them and will as soon as I can get the header pipes to hook the SE muffs too. Finding the header pipes for the evo Fxr has been a challenge so far...I put a WANTED ad in the classifieds if anyone runs across a set of these headers.
    • 190 posts
    January 30, 2010 11:35 AM PST
    Nothin says 'Gangsta' like upswept fishtails....that has been a long term plan of mine fior a long time......gotta be upswept though.....gotta kiss the sky.....damn. we think alike man.....
    • 1040 posts
    January 30, 2010 1:00 PM PST
    Yea, one of my bro's here is lookin for fistails for his 89 FXR. Hard to find though. He may have to go to the fishtail end tips instead.

I called Thunder Monster last week about baffles for my Screamin Eagles but they don't have em for those exhuast. He told me about the header pipe baffles and said they performe just like the exhuast baffles. You just remove your slipons and stick up in the header pipe where the slipon's attach. He said they are designed to deal with the back pressure and a back air flow as well. So, If I can find a set of shotgun style header pipes without the OEM crossover tube for a FXR, I'll give em a shot.
    • 44 posts
    April 27, 2015 8:35 AM PDT
    I know this is an older post but I've been looking at these baffles and wanted to hear any updates anybody have any updates on these monster baffles how about you night dragon
    • 44 posts
    May 29, 2015 3:35 PM PDT
    ok guy and gals have mine on the way so I decided to get a head start and pull the stock baffles out well lets just say THAT SUCKED on V & H big radius pipes 2-2 be ready to spend some time too me 2 hours to get the rear one out the front fell right out good luck I will update when I get them in
    • 44 posts
    June 14, 2015 1:21 PM PDT
    just a up date just installed BCT Baffles Part #2002 on scale of 1-10 for install about 2 no problems as far as the sound and increased low end torque all I can WOW get you some you will not be disappointed. The bike sounds great its a real head turner!