New Harley Supercharger Kit by HD Blower - Thoughts?

• July 26, 2013 12:01 PM PDT
    Greetings Community Members ...

We are almost done developing a brand new supercharger kit for the HD twin-cam engine, and our inaugural test bike is our own Softail Blackline. Would love to hear some of your thoughts (and questions) on how it looks so far. I will definitely keep you posted as to the performance numbers as they become available.

We are waiting for an additional part before running her on our dyno. We invite you to check out more of the developmental stages on our website at www.HDBlower.com, and LIKE our Facebook page as well!

Thanks in advance for looking

Here is a rendering of a bike in OEM fashion w/o our blower kit, and a pic with our kit installed.

Here is a picture of our Softail on the dyno waiting for her first pass.

Here is a picture to show the size of the supercharger next to an iPhone for comparsion.

Here is an engineering rendition of our supercharger kit
  • July 26, 2013 12:27 PM PDT
    LOOKS LIKE AN OUTSTANDING PRODUCT!!! Will be anxiously waiting for it's debut!!!
    • 19004 posts
    July 26, 2013 2:49 PM PDT

• July 26, 2013 4:26 PM PDT
    oddjob wrote...
    LOOKS LIKE AN OUTSTANDING PRODUCT!!! Will be anxiously waiting for it's debut!!!

@oddjob - many thanks for the kind words!  we'll keep you posted for beta testing as more info becomes available!

• July 26, 2013 4:27 PM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...

@rex - thank you for the kind gesture!  when you get a chance, cruise over to our website and check out the other articles on the different stages of development.  let me know if you have any questions!

• 2 posts
    July 27, 2013 8:36 AM PDT
    Dynamometer results or it doesn't exist
  • July 28, 2013 10:08 AM PDT
    99Savage wrote...
    Dynamometer results or it doesn't exist

@99savage - as soon as dyno results become available, they will be posted on our website at www.HDBlower.com. ; in the meatime, feel free to browse and LMK if you any questions!  thanks for looking and be safe!

• July 28, 2013 5:59 PM PDT
    New pictures added!
  • July 30, 2013 2:43 AM PDT
    Let me know how much and I will start saving..............
  • July 30, 2013 6:50 AM PDT
    Like 99Savage inquired about..I'd like to see the dyno results as well.
  • July 31, 2013 4:52 PM PDT
    Brewer wrote...
    Let me know how much and I will start saving..............

@Brewer - Thank you for chiming in, and trust me when I say 'I don't know yet' ... LOL.  In all seriousness, the final cost of the kit will probably be determined after the engineers conclude all of their testing, and decide on what will be 'standard' and what will be 'optional.' 
    We will definitely keep the community posted, especially as pricing information becomes available.  Stay up to date with the current developements at www.HDBlower.com.

• July 31, 2013 4:57 PM PDT
    DagoKeith wrote...
    Like 99Savage inquired about..I'd like to see the dyno results as well.

@DagoKeith - Greetings, and thank you for looking!  Absolutely!  As soon as they become available,  I would be more than happy to share them with the community.  We estimate the kit should be able to make over 135hp to the wheels (at approximately 13psi of boost), but our targets for the final production kits is to reliably make somewhere between 100 to 110hp at 8psi boost and have the power to come in smooth and linear starting from 2000rpm all the way until redline.

I invite you to stay up to date by visiting our website at www.HDBlower.com, or check out our Facebook page.  Thanks again!

• Den
    September 24, 2013 10:43 AM PDT
    Will this fit the ride by wire bikes? It looks great, very similar to Woodys back in 04. It never made it for some reason, hope you have more luck.
  • September 24, 2013 8:55 PM PDT
    interesting....very interesting....
    • 5417 posts
    September 27, 2013 3:51 AM PDT
    Hey guys, it has been a couple of months now. You must have a couple of units installed and some performance data!
    • 16795 posts
    September 27, 2013 5:41 AM PDT

• 284 posts
    December 31, 2013 9:30 AM PST
    Stuck this post in the way wrong category...... Got enough power in my Sporty.... But it is interesting....
  • January 1, 2014 1:41 PM PST
    How about some updates?