Conceal and Carry and Motorcycles

• 544 posts
    July 2, 2013 4:59 AM PDT
    How many of the Cyclefish members have a Conceal and Carry and do you carry while on your bike?  What do you do if you are going to stop at a bar where carrying is not allowed?
    • 57 posts
    July 2, 2013 5:20 AM PDT
    Illinois is in the process of passing a CC law but Im sure it will be some time before Im able to carry one,I think you need A better Bar
  • July 2, 2013 6:24 AM PDT
    Yeah, just heard Illinois Governor got the bill - and is amending it today, basically writing his own.
    His includes no firearms anywhere that sells alcohol.
  • July 2, 2013 6:27 AM PDT
    Good question midlifecrises.....maybe a gun-check, like a coat-check ???
    • 1855 posts
    July 2, 2013 6:51 AM PDT
    I carry all the time, every where I go. It's legal to carry in a bar here in Ohio as it is becoming legal to do so in most states that have CCW. However, I don't drink and ride or drink and drive. Plus, though I WILL carry in a bar regardless of the law, I do not advertise that I am carrying. If I'm on the road and I'm hungry and a bar is the only place I can eat I will not go out of my way to stash my weapon. If we're hold up in a motel I will leave my piece in the room.

Peace
    • 3006 posts
    July 2, 2013 7:03 AM PDT
    No dont carry one and never felt the need to until recently with all these nutjobs on the loose makes me want to carry.Still its against all my own principles about weapons period.Yet I also believe in the citizens right to protect themselves,n use lethal force if required to.
    • 5419 posts
    July 2, 2013 7:08 AM PDT
    I have seen gun checks at the door in AZ.

I don't normally carry unless on a long trip though the middle of nowhere... if I am carrying and need to go in somewhere without it, I will lock it in the saddlebag.
    • 57 posts
    July 2, 2013 8:06 AM PDT
    Thats right the State of Illinois is run by CHICAGO Democrats,hopefully the congress has enough votes to override the Governors amendatory veto,like I said it will be some time before CC is settled. I would not be surprised to see this wind up in the courts again,the state can't afford to pay its Depts but will spend a million dollars in court trying to oppose the peoples rights
    • 544 posts
    July 2, 2013 8:22 AM PDT
    In Missouri you can carry a weapon if you don't have the Conceal and Carry as long as it is in your trunk and not loaded meaning the bullets are outside the gun. I wonder if the same principle applies to a motorcycle? I mean it seems that it would be ok to transport a handgun in my saddlebag as long as I had the bullets in the other one. I mean it is my trunk. I will be getting my Conceal and Carry so I can have my handgun loaded and on my person. In Missouri it is illegal to have a handgun in a bar unless you are the owner so you would be taking quite a chance by taking your gun into a bar. Definitely need to keep it well concealed.
    • 44 posts
    July 2, 2013 9:21 AM PDT
    New law went in effect July 1 in Tennessee call guns in trunks bill simply put if you are a permit holder you can have your gun in your car or bike any where in the state as far as in a bar as long as no one sees if no harm no foul but is illegal and a big fine!! Should you see me on the road I may have mine and then again I may not hmmmm concealed means just that.My moto is better to have and not need then need and not have.In a cage you have a better chance of getting away unhurt than on a bike.That being said I am not a bad ass but I am not into someone out there that is out to take what I have worked hard for or hurt anyone who is riding with me.
  • July 2, 2013 10:27 AM PDT
    I carry mine only on the way to the range. Just my opinion but I have no problems with them banning guns from anywhere that sells booze.
    • 44 posts
    July 2, 2013 2:12 PM PDT
    Wheels I totaly agree that guns do not need to be in a Bar when people are drinking that is a very bad cobination That being said when you are a none drinker all you have is a soda whats the problem
  • July 2, 2013 11:34 PM PDT
    legal or not it's always [ CYA]
    • 44 posts
    July 3, 2013 1:39 AM PDT
  • July 3, 2013 11:53 AM PDT

• 16795 posts
    July 3, 2013 3:31 PM PDT
    When I go away from home I'm armed like Armageddon could happen, and I have to fight my way back to my supplies.
  • July 3, 2013 4:53 PM PDT
    Don't leave home without it. On my person all the time no matter where I am. I am a retired LEO.
  • July 5, 2013 8:41 AM PDT
    RevBigJohn wrote...
    When I go away from home I'm armed like Armageddon could happen, and I have to fight my way back to my supplies.

You Being a Christian I am assuming you are fighting your way back to your supplies so that you can help feed thy neighbor who has less than yourself. As for those that Question why I don't think you should have loaded guns in a bar, well that's the beauty of the Cyclefish Forum. We all get to have our opinions and each of us has a right to agree or disagree!!

• 16795 posts
    July 5, 2013 5:41 PM PDT
    wheels wrote...
    RevBigJohn wrote...

You Being a Christian I am assuming you are fighting your way back to your supplies so that you can help feed thy neighbor who has less than yourself. As for those that Question why I don't think you should have loaded guns in a bar, well that's the beauty of the Cyclefish Forum. We all get to have our opinions and each of us has a right to agree or disagree!!

Please don't over evaluate or assume my intentions, or what my supplies consist of.

Psalm 144:1
    Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

Psalm 144:2
    My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

• 544 posts
    July 9, 2013 1:31 AM PDT
    The Second Ammendment gives us the right to bear arms. Personally, I don't like any law that prohibits that freedom. A lot of bikers carry and to me that makes biker gatherings one of the safest places to be.
    • 3006 posts
    July 9, 2013 5:35 AM PDT
    There are 7 guns for every person in this country,n prolly more since the last check was made on the real numbers,of course not including the ones not declared or counted.

Our founding fathers left this provision in the constition to defend against tyranny,and to insure a populace able to defend itself if need be against foreign attacks also.That is my take on it.

As for their limitations on those rights,its we the people,if the majority does not agree with constriction of any said rights,then the congress should act accordingly.If the congress fails to act upon valid concerns of the citizens,then that congress is a lame duck, until new representatives are elected who uphold those rights in majority.

• 1 posts
    July 12, 2013 1:02 AM PDT
    RevBigJohn wrote...
    wheels wrote...
    RevBigJohn wrote...

Please don't over evaluate or assume my intentions, or what my supplies consist of.

Psalm 144:1
    Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

Psalm 144:2
    My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

• 467 posts
    July 12, 2013 12:04 PM PDT
    I carry at all times and if there is a sign on the establishment restricting my weapon, it gets locked up on the bike or in the car. Otherwise it is on my person at all times. I travel alone too much.
    • 1161 posts
    July 13, 2013 2:54 AM PDT
    I have my CCW permit but still no handgun yet. But I always have a knife or two on me, unless the "bar" said no weapons allowed I keep moving on down the line.
    • 544 posts
    July 16, 2013 2:40 AM PDT
    Motorcycles and Guns! God Bless America! Freedom is not free but it is awesome!