Most Embarrassing Moment With Your Bike

• 9 posts
    October 14, 2010 9:38 AM PDT
    Brought my new Harley home, a 2005 XL1200C,  but with no garage to keep it in, I had to park it in front of my truck at night (just outside my bedroom window) Having never left a Harley , much less a new one, out overnight I also bought a lock, One I had never seen before. You know, the ones that fasten to the front disc rotor. Next morning, all puffed up, I went out front to leave for work. Jumped on, pulled the choke, pulled in the clutch & started it up. Several neighbors stopped to see what the new noise was. I gun the motor a bit & popped the clutch, only to ride about 8 or 9 feet when the lock smacks against the fork & stopped the bike dead. Me I kept going, due to the laws of physics. Bike falls to the right side on the lawn & I fell flat on my face.... Had to hacksaw the lock off....LOL
    • 0 posts
    October 14, 2010 9:44 AM PDT
    whatmore do i have to say?
    • 5420 posts
    October 14, 2010 9:54 AM PDT
    Very cool Boof. Is that what you are taking to Sturgis next year???
    • 9 posts
    October 14, 2010 9:55 AM PDT
    well at least it's a Honda.....LOL
    • 0 posts
    October 14, 2010 9:57 AM PDT
    Either that or the Yamaharley virago behind it Lucky lol. I did get the backwheel spinning on it though
    • 0 posts
    October 14, 2010 9:58 AM PDT
    Oh and i was wearing my cyclefish hat Lucky
    • 1066 posts
    October 14, 2010 2:52 PM PDT
    One sweet ride there Boof!
    • 844 posts
    January 11, 2011 1:08 AM PST
    Ok, did another over the Holiday's. Took the family to visit my sister in law and her family in New Mexico. Since her husband rides I put the bike on the trailer and took it with us. Well they have a really nice new house and since my bike leaks a bit of oil, we put down a piece of 1/4 plywood under my bike in their garage.

Since my bike was backed in from coming off the trailer, when we left I decided to be cool and burn out on the plywood on the way out. It was cool right up until my front wheel was off the plywood and the board shot out the back like a flat missile. It knocked over all kinds of shit in his garage and put a decent size gash in the wall. My wife and her sister were laughing so hard I thought they would pee their pants. My brother in law wasn't quite as amused!
    • 580 posts
    January 11, 2011 1:33 AM PST
    GoFur wrote...
    Ok, did another over the Holiday's. Took the family to visit my sister in law and her family in New Mexico. Since her husband rides I put the bike on the trailer and took it with us. Well they have a really nice new house and since my bike leaks a bit of oil, we put down a piece of 1/4 plywood under my bike in their garage.

Since my bike was backed in from coming off the trailer, when we left I decided to be cool and burn out on the plywood on the way out. It was cool right up until my front wheel was off the plywood and the board shot out the back like a flat missile. It knocked over all kinds of shit in his garage and put a decent size gash in the wall. My wife and her sister were laughing so hard I thought they would pee their pants. My brother in law wasn't quite as amused!

Oops

• January 11, 2011 1:50 AM PST
    GoFur wrote...

Your Brother-in-law might have not been amused but your friends on Cyclefish sure are!!! Nice Job buddy!                thats damn funny!
    • 295 posts
    January 11, 2011 1:21 PM PST
    bikini clad babe on the left side of road, guardrail on right, foot peg making lots of scraping noise. Need I say more
    • 19034 posts
    January 12, 2011 10:45 PM PST
    chocmintz wrote...
    GoFur wrote...

Oops
    Sounds like something from Christmas Vacation. Have you ever been called Cousin Eddie???
    • 19034 posts
    January 13, 2011 7:40 AM PST
    Hey Boof. Where can I get a tour pack like that????
  • January 17, 2011 11:41 AM PST
    And I thought I was the only one who forgot that kick-stand thingy.
    • 202 posts
    January 19, 2011 8:04 AM PST
    I went to start my bike to show (off) to my sister; her boyfriend, and my nieces... i forgot to pull the clutch in (or put it in neutral) and it lunged forward and stalled. Luckily it didn't hit the car in front of me.
    • 202 posts
    January 19, 2011 8:06 AM PST
    Then there was the time i stopped at a store, mounted back up and went down the road about 50 yards to the entrance to poker run party... i forgot to put my kickstand up and when i pulled up to the guy at the gate, he said... how long you been riding with your kickstand down! lol.
    • 1161 posts
    September 4, 2011 12:48 AM PDT
    Quick Refresher.
  • September 4, 2011 3:27 PM PDT
    I'll bite. Two moments come to mind. First bike - a Kawasaki Spectre (750cc), which I bought used from a friend. One afternoon, I pulled up to the side of a convenience store and put my left foot down, didn't think much about it. Only problem was that the asphalt was slanted down and away from the building. By the time my foot was on the ground, the bike was leaning too far over and down I went. With embarrassment-fueled superstrength, I yanked the bike back up, hopped back on, and off I went. Didn't even bother going into the store. That was a little more than twenty years ago.

More recently, I was on a ferry crossing the Wisconsin River. I pulled up alone, but found myself at the head of a group of bikers from Milwaukee who rolled up just behind me. We had a nice conversation crossing the river, and before too long we were at the other side and the ramp was down. I hit the throttle thinking I had left the bike in first gear (as I normally do). Forgot I'd shifted it into neutral after I'd boarded the ferry. New Rush exhaust w/ 2.0" baffles. 100+ decibels; zero miles per hour. Feeling all the eyes on me and wanting to get the hell outta there, I shifted into first gear and hit the throttle again. Probably should have taken that deep mental breath first, I guess; I goosed it a little too much and did a mini-burner right there on the boat. A few seconds later I was up on the pavement and a hundred feet in front of everybody else. I decided against the graceful recovery and just kept on a-goin'...
    • 5420 posts
    October 16, 2011 3:05 AM PDT
    Well it wasn't really embarrassing since no one saw, but it was one of those really stupid things. A couple weeks ago I was changing my brakes and when I lowered the lift I forgot to put the kickstand down. When the lift went down the bike just fell over... luckily not toward me though.
  • October 27, 2011 10:15 AM PDT
    OK, I did another dumb one - imagine that. Now normally my bike is pulled forward in the garage and on the side so I just back it out. But this past weekend hubby had worked on my bike so it was turned around and in the middle of the garage. My hubby has his garage set up with a tv, a couch, a floor lamp and a throw rug between the tv and couch. He was sitting on the couch with a friend and I was heading to the store on the bike. Since the bike was out of position hubby waved me though between the tv and the couch. I decided to be a show off and go a little fast but the back tire spun pulling the rug out throwing the floor lamp up in the air.

I just kept on going waving over my shoulder as I left. But when I got home the jokes started... and haven't stopped yet
  • October 28, 2011 2:17 AM PDT
    You are a very entertaining young lady. Maybe you should take you bike and go on tour
    • 638 posts
    November 1, 2011 4:12 AM PDT
    I took off with my steering still locked and bit it in front of a sporting goods store. This happened after I accidentally kicked the rear blinker light with my boot heel as I mounted the bike. I completely forgot about locking the steering and was embarrassed because everyone saw me break the blinker so I was in a hurry...what a clumsy putz. That was 25 years ago on my little Honda Rebel.
    • 11 posts
    November 1, 2011 4:36 AM PDT
    it was a long time ago... i was rollin down main street in Buffalo N.Y. i pulled up at a light and this cute little blonde was sittin there in one of those little fiat sports care. i threw her a big ol smile and forgot to put my feet down... yea you guessed it she was laughing so hard she missed the light as i picked myself and the shovel back up lol
  • November 1, 2011 5:45 AM PDT
    Was retaking the basic course after bein' off of bikes for a while (ok, a long while). Anyway, was runnin' throught the slow speed turns and all and the little bike started to lean. Went to put my foot down to catch it and my jeans hung on the foot peg. Remember the show Laugh In? With the dude on the tricycle stopping and falling over? Well, I'm told it kinda looked like that.
  • November 19, 2011 4:44 AM PST
    I went in Wally World one day. Bikers usually pull up near the door on the concrete near the basket loading section. Came out , a crotch rocket club had surrounded my baby soooo close I could barely get on. they were all standing there as if to intimidate me. So I was going to pull a trick. On late model FI Harleys turn key on, roll over with injection kill off then turn injection on, well mine grenades. After the car alarms stopped, the bros quit running,the little old ladies got out from under thier cars and the security guard quit chewing my arse out, me don do dat no mo.