Tobacco free

• 5420 posts
    March 22, 2013 4:34 PM PDT
    Hell, at the price of cigs these days, two people smoking is a NICE car payment. Or an okay car and a new bike!!!
    • 1855 posts
    March 23, 2013 2:24 AM PDT
    At over $50 a carton here in Ohio it sometimes got up to a $200 a month habit which now does pay the car payment we have. It truly does encompass more than just a person's health.

Peace
    • 19040 posts
    March 23, 2013 3:49 AM PDT
    I was into fine (aka expensive @ $8 each) cigars and went up to 5 or 6 a day. Realized how expensive it was and cut back to 2 a day and finally none. Still on a pipe but that will be history too very soon.
  • March 23, 2013 10:23 AM PDT
    Here in Far Nor Cal we are paying $6 a pack, So we end up spending $60 a week give or take a pack. Sounds so stupid when you do the math and then remember it's killing you, too.
    • 5420 posts
    March 25, 2013 12:07 PM PDT
    Still at it and it is starting to get a little easier.

How you doing Jimmy???
    • 1855 posts
    March 26, 2013 4:20 AM PDT
    Hey Lucky, I'm doing fine and so is Gypsy. So, we're doing so good that I don't even remember exactly when we quit. Keep up the good work brother. It really does get easier.

Peace
  • March 29, 2013 4:01 PM PDT
    Still using the electronic smokes and about five real ones a day.Think maybe I need a two week wilderness hike in the woods to detox and let it all go.Guess I'm saying,I need a break from my normal routine to break this 40 year habit.
    • 5420 posts
    March 30, 2013 2:04 AM PDT
    I am kind of starting to enjoy the electronic cigs. Got it to where I am not even using them for the nicotine anymore, just the act and pleasure of the smoking sensation. I am now using the cartridges that are no nicotine, just flavor.

I am still using the nicotine gum on occasion when I fell a little edgy.
    • 44 posts
    March 30, 2013 2:40 AM PDT
    Hang in there lucky you can do it see I quit 19 years a go a few years ago went through some tough times in my life started smoking again I am looking at the elec cigs and trying to cut back did it once I know I can do it again.
  • March 30, 2013 11:14 AM PDT
    Lucky,I'm happy very happy for you....I've yet to step down from the 16 mg to the 11 mg.Its going to take me some time to get to the 0 mg......Yes, I'm hooked on the flavor of my coffee electronic smokes:-)
    • 5420 posts
    March 30, 2013 12:06 PM PDT
    BlacktopGypsy, I found that going to the minimal or zero nicotine e-cig and use the nicotine gum was the best combo for me. Since I don't like chewing gum, I only do it when I really feel edgy and I can smoke the e-cigs all day long.
    • 5420 posts
    April 18, 2013 2:25 AM PDT
    Still going strong here. Jimmy how you doing with it!!!
    • 1855 posts
    April 18, 2013 2:27 AM PDT
    Good for you. All is well my friend. Gypsy and I are doing just fine. Still have an occasional urge but it passes.

Peace

• 1 posts
    April 18, 2013 4:28 AM PDT
    Good job Lucky, Jimmy & Gypsy 
    • 834 posts
    May 21, 2013 10:24 AM PDT
    How you guys doing with this? Hopefully still going smokeless!
    • 5420 posts
    May 22, 2013 5:41 AM PDT
    Still doing good AZ. I was bad a couple of times and had a cig or two, but for the most part doing great with my electronic vapor cigarettes. Feeling a lot better too!
    • 1855 posts
    May 22, 2013 9:43 AM PDT
    Still on the money with me. Cold turkey is definitely hard but I've over-come the urges which I still have btw. Gypsy is doing just fine as well. How long as it been now? We're doing great. And yes Lucky, we DO feel a lot better too.

Peace
    • 834 posts
    September 3, 2013 1:08 PM PDT
    Just checking in to see if you guys are still doing good with this
    • 1855 posts
    September 4, 2013 6:30 AM PDT
    AzRider wrote...
    Just checking in to see if you guys are still doing good with this

Yep!!  Gypsy and I are still smoke free.  My cravings still haven't gone away and fighting them also means cutting back a bit on the beer as well.  I suppose that's a good thing too, I guess, I'm told, I think........

Peace