Went to church today..was told my biker leather n bandana werent

• 190 posts
    January 8, 2010 9:45 AM PST
    Thanks for all your posts. Im glad that i found this Cyclefish family of sorts. I hope that when the ridin season starts that we all manage to stay in contact...
    • 6 posts
    January 25, 2010 1:08 PM PST
    It really occurs to me that many, if not most, of the lost are probably inside church walls. It was always the social outcasts and street people that turned the world upside down throughout the Bible, almost never the "church people." Keep the faith, brother, and remember, no matter what you do, that they're the ones who are hurting and searching. Anyone who has that much hate and anger in their hearts TRULY needs Jesus! If you're ever in the Warren, Ohio area, look me up!
    • 467 posts
    January 25, 2010 1:19 PM PST
    I'm Pentecostal and My church does is not a "biker" church, but I ride in all the time and have never had any attitude from anyone. But then I'm second generation in this church so maybe they are just used to me!
  • January 25, 2010 2:03 PM PST
    We are members of "The Sanctuary Biker Church in Klamath Falls OR....... we all go there to get fed...... no matter what you ride.....how you look, if you believe in God , you are all welcome......... check out the web page
    www.thesanctuarybikerchurch.com...We put on a homeless feed every month... rain, sun or snow...... Check us out!
  • January 25, 2010 2:15 PM PST
    Sing, you can check www.wheelsofgrace.com go to resources biker friendly churches to see if there's a church listed in your area, if your down south go to www.faithriders.com and click on chapters they are all ministries of Baptist churches, so those churches are biker friendly, one other resource is to check with your local CMA chapter and see if they can recommend biker friendly churches. It's a shame that we have to have a category, but we do, as you said some people have it wrong and are gonna be really surprised one day when they stand before the Lord Jesus, God Bless brother I'll be praying for you to find a church. Big D.
  • January 25, 2010 5:11 PM PST
    I belong to one of the more conservative Lutheran synods and we never have any problems, only curiosity and "thanks for coming" when we show up in church in our gear. Jesus and his disciples were considered sort of rebels in their day, which is why the local authorities kept trying to drop the hammer on them.
  • January 25, 2010 5:55 PM PST
    Yep sounds like that same bunch that lives around here. Keep going there and see what happens. I would but I got my own problems here. Hee Hee with them Flat Tops too.
  • January 25, 2010 7:21 PM PST
    The building is not the faith. Clearly the folks in your church believe more in appearance.
  • January 25, 2010 9:35 PM PST
    check out" sons of God mc" and scroll down to support merchandise, i think youll like what you see...bikerchurch patches
  • January 25, 2010 10:02 PM PST
    Wow, what a shame that people sitting in a Church would have no clue as to what it's about.

I have a friend that is a preacher, and in conversation one day he looked at me , and said.....
    "Well Jesus was a carpenter, had long hair, hung out with thieves, and prostitutes....If he were alive today; he would probably be a biker"
  • January 25, 2010 10:49 PM PST
    Sing, it seems so often that there are many "church people" who think they will get to Heaven by going to church, not by living the "word"! We all know it's what's in your heart that matters; not what's on your back! Snobby people are exactly WHY so many others don't go to church anymore. I live in an ultra-conservative area of the Country, and belong to the Catholic faith. My kids attended our parish school, and I was very involved in their school and activities. I always go to every mass and other event as myself, not everyone else's idea of how I should be. I am fortunate that my fellow parishinoners welcome me anywhere at any time, no matter how I am dressed. God wants us all to live in harmony and be good people. Those who discriminate will learn their mistakes when they get to finally meet the "big Guy"!
  • January 25, 2010 10:57 PM PST
    to me i have a patch that i show the judgers it states that every Saint has a past and every Sinners has a Future
  • January 25, 2010 10:59 PM PST
    I recall a dude that was crucified ... he had long hair and looked pretty scraggly! I tend toward the spiritual side and avoid organized religions. I find that it helps me avoid the prejudicial, judgmental, hating, finger-pointing folks who are more apt to be into the "I'm right and you're wrong" philosophy. Unfortunately, by making my statement here, I am making myself susceptible to finger-pointing. As I have learned: I am only repsonsible for MY words, actions and reactions. I can't change anyone nor do I attempt to. Nor do I take things personally.

Before I act, speak, or react in any situation, I ask myself, "If everyone in the world was going to do/say what I'm about to do/say, would this be a kind/loving/happy world to live in?" Cuz we are all connected to each other and affect each other.

Blessings, love, serenity and joy to all my riding brothers and sisters!
    • 1509 posts
    January 26, 2010 5:20 AM PST
    The thing I see is that those who are looking at you in a negative light and makeing coments both aloud or silent will answer for their actions. It is writen some where I think Titus that a person need not dress up or wear jewels or fancy clothing. On the other side of the discusion. We will answer for decisions, to judge theese people as snobs, or what ever came to mind is the same as being judged by them. Some people feel the need in their heart to dress up for all praise services. God bless us all no mater what we wear.

• 1161 posts
    January 26, 2010 5:29 AM PST
    ok a family friend (Also a Preacher) were chatting with Dad and I and we started chatting about something very close to this it was about the Apostles and them being a bunch of fishermen and being guys. I.E. Tossing Fish heads at each other fish guts exc, and having a good time. But they were strong in there beleaves. It's what you Take with you (In your heart) that matters not what you have or dont have on that matters. To me it's alot like if you dont have a ( Spendy, Tailor made) Suit on you cant worship, But God Welcomed ALL, not just a few.

Seakers
  • January 26, 2010 5:49 AM PST
    SingSing wrote...
    Hope im not breakin any threads rule- Not really a 'religious' thread per se but its sorta kinda funny in a way..
    So, Im ridin earlier today and thought i'd pass by a local baptist church along the way. Wasnt really 'planned'.
    So i entered and took my seat way in the back so as to not draw any attention to myself. Gotta laugh when i realized i was gettin my share of dissaproving glances from the straight cut set, all prim and proper like and...(truth be told, forgive meGod, but kinda 'square'). I was reallly into the word bein preached until the preacher bumped me outta the spirit with certain underhanded snide comments about 'dressing appropriately' for church. That was kinda uncool,i thought. I seem to recall the bible mentioning a wild haired dude named John the Baptist wearing a camel hair tunic and eatin bugs. And im sure the fisherman werent fishin in tuxedoes. man, some people gotta get a clue about what the Big man upstairs wants and expects of us-and not our wardrobe. there...thats my two cents. Just unloading. sorry...
    -SS
    Hey Brother, If you ever riding by a church in Cumming Ga. called GODS HOUSE OF PRAYER on Hwy.20 (Canton Hwy.) Know this: You & ALL are ALWAYS WELCOME! We also have a Motorcycle Ministry there( The J.C.Riders M.M.) We have Bikers Day the last Sunday of Every Month.
    Your Brother In Christ,
    Pastor,President,: Rev.G.Allen Boyd

• January 26, 2010 5:51 AM PST
    I think I wrote in the wrong place (under the above statement). I Didn't make a mistake in what I said! It came from the heart & The Truth!
  • January 26, 2010 5:56 AM PST
    No one should judge others but while you all are on your high horse, what would happen if that Pastor walked into your biker club meeting in a three piece suit??
  • January 26, 2010 5:56 AM PST
    I did not read all the comments about this BUT I would run out of that so called church and never go back! In the past, I had an issue with judging others but the Lord has shown me his children come in all shapes, colors, and backgrounds. I don't believe in a "biker church". A person should be greeted and treated at church ( oh, and outside the church) as the Lord himself would greet them. I remember......when done to the least of these, it is also done for me.
  • January 26, 2010 6:12 AM PST
    My Brother, I've been a Biker for 37years, I Pastor GODS HOUSE OF PRAYER in Cumming,Ga. Hwy.20 (Canton hwy). I am the founder & President of the J.C.Riders M.M. & our motorcycle ministry & our Church ALWAYS HAVE OPEN ARMS to ALL! We have Bikers Day the last Sun of every month,but we ride to church when ever we want to. I Appreciate the comments others are making! Old saying will Always be true: Just because one apple is bad does Not mean the Whole Bushel is bad! However, we must Pray for that church & any others like it that are blinded to the Word Of GOD! Can I Hear a AMEN?
    Rev.G.Allen Boyd
  • January 26, 2010 6:24 AM PST
    SingSing wrote...
    Hope im not breakin any threads rule- Not really a 'religious' thread per se but its sorta kinda funny in a way..
    So, Im ridin earlier today and thought i'd pass by a local baptist church along the way. Wasnt really 'planned'.
    So i entered and took my seat way in the back so as to not draw any attention to myself. Gotta laugh when i realized i was gettin my share of dissaproving glances from the straight cut set, all prim and proper like and...(truth be told, forgive meGod, but kinda 'square'). I was reallly into the word bein preached until the preacher bumped me outta the spirit with certain underhanded snide comments about 'dressing appropriately' for church. That was kinda uncool,i thought. I seem to recall the bible mentioning a wild haired dude named John the Baptist wearing a camel hair tunic and eatin bugs. And im sure the fisherman werent fishin in tuxedoes. man, some people gotta get a clue about what the Big man upstairs wants and expects of us-and not our wardrobe. there...thats my two cents. Just unloading. sorry...
    -SS

Their loss brother, don't let it steal your joy. they are clueless. Just smile when you think of the looks on their faces when they see you in heaven. Remember the first clothes made where made by God for Adam and E
    ve. They were made of LEATHER.
  • January 26, 2010 6:29 AM PST
    amen chief
    • 4 posts
    January 26, 2010 7:06 AM PST
    SingSing, I wear my colors to church a lot. If you are ever in the north Dallas area come visit me at McKinney Fellowship Bible Church. There are several of us leather wearer that attend and ride to church regularly.
  • January 26, 2010 7:23 AM PST
    I went to my wife's sister wedding where it was VERY formal. Wife ask me to dress up so (for her) I did. A friend of the family road to the wedding. He grew up with the family. Jerry came to the wedding with leathers. Clean ones too. The preacher that married wifes sister came up to Jerry and told him that he was glad to see someone feel at home in the church. When Jerry left he Kicked life into his shovel and road away. Most everyone there thought it was good that Jerry felt good enough about the church and God to come as he lived. A biker.
    • 1040 posts
    January 26, 2010 8:05 AM PST

He gave all