I Like Guns

• 352 posts
    February 19, 2010 12:12 AM PST
    ohh yea -

Primary is a Glock 22 - 40 cal, backup is a walther PPK .380 (this one often becomes primary in the summer cause it's a lot easier to conceal and in my nightstand is Taurus 24/7 - 40 cal (I like the feel of this one and it has a nice size clip),

Looking at the new Springfield XDm 3.8 9mm now looks like it has some good reviews. (I like having a mix of cal in case of ammo shortages again)

I have a CCP in Va and in FL so with the reciprocity of those 2 states I am good for I think 37 or so states for CC. I also have a few others and am always looking for a good deal in rifles and hand guns.

I believe in being prepared...I don't know if it's my old Boy Scout days or the Marine in me.
    • 1780 posts
    February 19, 2010 12:17 AM PST
    TheBullDog wrote...
    ohh yea -

Primary is a Glock 22 - 40 cal, backup is a walther PPK .380 (this one often becomes primary in the summer cause it's a lot easier to conceal and in my nightstand is Taurus 24/7 - 40 cal (I like the feel of this one and it has a nice size clip),

Looking at the new Springfield XD 3.8 9mm now looks like it has some good reviews. (I like having a mix of cal in case of ammo shortages again)

I have a CCP in Va and in FL so with the reciprocity of those 2 states I am good for I think 37 or so states for CC. I also have a few others and am always looking for a good deal in rifles and hand guns.

I believe in being prepared...I don't know if it's my old Boy Scout days or the Marine in me.

BullDog I'm with you Brother......Be prepaired or prepair to die!
    Dragon

• 126 posts
    February 19, 2010 1:23 AM PST
    I have ths Springfield XD9mm and it is a great gun. Also if you like the feel of the XD then all the cal feel about the same except the weight. I like my glock 19 also.
  • February 20, 2010 12:49 AM PST
    This is a great sight.

http://www.carryconcealed.net/ />
    Pack n go trip planner

It will keep you outa jail.
  • February 20, 2010 1:05 AM PST
    nightdragon wrote...
    This is my primary carry weapon, and the way I carry it,,,,,Cocked & Locked
    This is a Colt 45 ACP Combat Elite, and the holster it's in is a sky cop cross draw. sometimes I carry it in a shoulder holster, or strong side RH.

You would love a Detonics Combat Master then........

• 1780 posts
    February 20, 2010 1:25 AM PST
    Flatlander wrote...
    nightdragon wrote...
    This is my primary carry weapon, and the way I carry it,,,,,Cocked & Locked
    This is a Colt 45 ACP Combat Elite, and the holster it's in is a sky cop cross draw. sometimes I carry it in a shoulder holster, or strong side RH.

You would love a Detonics Combat Master then........

You got that right....looks like a little smaller 1911 frame.....almost like a Colt New Detective or something like that.......sweet!

Dragon
  • February 20, 2010 1:38 AM PST
    They started with a 1911 frame and went from there, machined tapered barrel with no bushing, shock absorbing recall spring and shock buffer, pocket size. I kept one in my back pocket when I owned my gun shop. Excellent gun, they have a website http://detonics.ws/
    • 910 posts
    February 21, 2010 11:57 AM PST
    Just came across this quote, thought it might fit here.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin
    • 1040 posts
    February 21, 2010 12:21 PM PST
    AdventureGirl wrote...
    Just came across this quote, thought it might fit here.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Good Buffy...

"On every question of construction (of the Constitution) let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invent against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed."
    Thomas Jefferson letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    Thomas Jefferson (attributed without source)

• February 21, 2010 12:44 PM PST
    .243 remington bolt, 16ga winchester pump, .22 mag lever, .380 and a "few" others
  • February 21, 2010 2:49 PM PST
    I have a 'few', but never enough.
    • 2 posts
    February 22, 2010 1:19 PM PST
    freighttrain wrote...
    I have a 'few', but never enough.

I don't collect them I accumulate them
    • 1780 posts
    February 23, 2010 1:07 AM PST
    Sometimes I like to pimp out my carry peace so I have these two to choose from.
    Taurus 40 cal or my 30 addition of the CZ-75 9mm (due to a couple of small scratches it's a carry and not a collectors)

Dragon

• 1040 posts
    February 23, 2010 1:49 AM PST
    I stand proud for the 2nd ammendment but I don't own any guns. Used too but sold them when I got the boys for whatever reason. Anyway, with the world as it is today I have decided to look around for a weapon that is a good carry gun. I know what I want, but looking and researching the past couple months just won't allow me to buy what I want because of price. Like everything for many of us, money talks and bullshit walks so I gotta get what I can afford. Been thinking of a Taurus .380 semi-auto. Not the knock down power I'd like but it can be concealed well and at around $300.00 for a used one in good condition, I can afford. I got my carry permit lined up, just gotta decide what weapon to purchase...Whatcha think ya'll.
    • 1780 posts
    February 23, 2010 2:39 AM PST
    fxrdude wrote...
    I stand proud for the 2nd ammendment but I don't own any guns. Used too but sold them when I got the boys for whatever reason. Anyway, with the world as it is today I have decided to look around for a weapon that is a good carry gun. I know what I want, but looking and researching the past couple months just won't allow me to buy what I want because of price. Like everything for many of us, money talks and bullshit walks so I gotta get what I can afford. Been thinking of a Taurus .380 semi-auto. Not the knock down power I'd like but it can be concealed well and at around $300.00 for a used one in good condition, I can afford. I got my carry permit lined up, just gotta decide what weapon to purchase...Whatcha think ya'll.

Hey fxr might check out GunBroker.com for some deals
    Dragon
    • 1780 posts
    February 23, 2010 2:43 AM PST
    nightdragon wrote...
    fxrdude wrote...

Hey fxr might check out GunBroker.com for some deals
    Dragon

Hey fxr I see you have done your homework.....I just went to GunBroker.com looking for a Taurus 380 and your right they are in the ball park of $300 new in the box.
    Dragon
    • 1780 posts
    February 23, 2010 6:20 AM PST
    OK guys time to start some shit or re-generate an old subject. I don't want this to go political so let's keep it just soap box stuff ok. I have a CHL (and so does Angle Eyes) and I'm HEAVY into the 2nd Ammentment rights. What I just don't get is the 2nd Ammentment is part of our Constitution, The very laws that made this Country as great as it is. How in the hell (oh crap I think this is going political, please Lucky it's just blowing off steam) can our Government change or ammend the laws that was established for our Country by our Fore Fathers? I just don't get it. Please someone explain this to me. I will listen. We have the right to "Baire Arms" per the 2nd ammentment of OUR Constution. I have to be missing something here.
    When I joined this Country's Military in 1968 I promised to protect this Country and it's Consitiution against all eneny's foreign and DOMESITIC.

Well i'm not sure where these Gun Law's are going but my attachment pretty much say's what I think of the whole mess.

• February 23, 2010 6:58 AM PST
    I am not law trained..The state law is the same as federal law or if the state chooses can decrease or limit but not increase or go above federal law....State takes away your rights...
  • February 23, 2010 7:10 AM PST
    If everybody had one their would be less crime
  • February 23, 2010 7:12 AM PST
    An armed society is a polite society...
  • February 23, 2010 12:19 PM PST
    We have given the government so much power that they can do what they want. It really is our fault for electing who we have. Some people want to make their mark and push their beliefs on everyone. If you just take a look, there aren't many in Washington that are like us no matter which political party. They all think that they know whats best for us better than we do. Anyway.... does anyone have any first hand with the Springfield xd-45? son in law wants to sell his and I don't know much about them.
    • 1161 posts
    February 23, 2010 12:31 PM PST
    TheExtreme wrote...
    We have given the government so much power that they can do what they want. It really is our fault for electing who we have. Some people want to make their mark and push their beliefs on everyone. If you just take a look, there aren't many in Washington that are like us no matter which political party. They all think that they know whats best for us better than we do.

I agree They were elected but lost the adverage joe local aspect of Personal and Family security, and Defence.
    • 1040 posts
    February 23, 2010 12:36 PM PST
    Anybody own a Kel-Tec? Looking at a Model P3AT. Not a gun that will WOW you as far as looks but from the stand point of reliability, durability, easy concealment, and price I've read and talked to a couple of folks who tell me just for the purpose of a carry gun and self defense only, it's a good buy for a gut shot gun. Anybody care to add in here?
    • 1780 posts
    February 24, 2010 12:01 AM PST
    TheExtreme wrote...
    We have given the government so much power that they can do what they want. It really is our fault for electing who we have. Some people want to make their mark and push their beliefs on everyone. If you just take a look, there aren't many in Washington that are like us no matter which political party. They all think that they know whats best for us better than we do. Anyway.... does anyone have any first hand with the Springfield xd-45? son in law wants to sell his and I don't know much about them.

Extreme on the XD-45 it will depend on if it is a 4 or 5 inch barrel and is it bi-tone or two tone. If it's in good shape and selling it to an individual tell him to ask anywhere from $450.00 - $600.00. If you sell it to a gun shop expect to get only about $350.00 or less for it.
    • 1780 posts
    February 24, 2010 12:08 AM PST
    fxrdude wrote...
    Anybody own a Kel-Tec? Looking at a Model P3AT. Not a gun that will WOW you as far as looks but from the stand point of reliability, durability, easy concealment, and price I've read and talked to a couple of folks who tell me just for the purpose of a carry gun and self defense only, it's a good buy for a gut shot gun. Anybody care to add in here?

fxr I've never owned a kel-tec but I hear there not a bad gun for the money, and remember most of the time you get into it with some little shit it will be Close Quarter's Battle......7-10 feet.
    fxr for maybe 25 bucks more you can get a kel-tec in a 9mm
    Dragon