Just A Ridiculous Story.....thought I've heard everything

• September 26, 2012 5:38 AM PDT
    So my daughter comes home from spending time with her boyfriend and tells me he laid down his bike...well sort of.

Everyone in our family is a licensed rider and all but my husband has been through a riding course.  My daughters boyfriend while very computer smart apparently has no common sense when it comes to some things.  He rides a motorcycle but does not have a license and has not been through a riders course.  I asked if he was alright and how he laid his bike down.  She tells me he was stopped at a light but did not trip the light so he parked the bike in the lane, got off and walked over to "push the walk button" which would trip the light to change.  When he returned the bike fell over when he went to get on.

HE DID WHAT?  At first I was hoping she was making it up but I knew it was a true story.  Of course I laughed and told her she needed to tell her boyfriend he needs to take a riders safety course and to get insured and licensed.  She asked me not to mention it if I ever get around him.

Sorry Charlie, can't promise that.
    • 1855 posts
    September 26, 2012 6:29 AM PDT
    Now that's what? Funny? Yeah, it's funny!!!! And of course, I would be one who would NEVER let him live it down. Say, that's just the kind of guy I am.

BTW, another trick to get the light to change is to install a magnet under the bike

Peace
    • 3006 posts
    September 26, 2012 7:04 AM PDT
    Wow n I thought I was the only person crazee enuff to do that stunt LOL did it once yet felt like a dummy.Tho it did work to change the darn light.I am sure he prolly regrets that lame idea,and dropping the bike was like his wake up call.
    As for riding courses I would recommend them for anyone who hasnt spent a good part of their life riding from their childhood.Even then I suppose experienced riders could pick up or sharpen their skills doing a refresher course.
    • 580 posts
    September 26, 2012 9:43 AM PDT
    That's funny Raceangel and of course you can't let it go without the odd mention lol. As for riding courses - they are mandatory over here which, for me, is a pretty good thing. If I'd have ridden without taking the course I definitely wouldn't be here today to tell any tales
  • September 26, 2012 12:50 PM PDT
    Oh Raceangel, your daughter doesn't ride on the back hopefully! She should give him ride lessons!
    • 5420 posts
    September 26, 2012 1:49 PM PDT
    Bet you can't wait for them to give you grand kids!!!
    • 85 posts
    September 26, 2012 11:09 PM PDT
    Ive had a few wrecks in my day, but never while I was parked! lol around here the lights never change, so we look for cops then go on!
  • September 26, 2012 11:46 PM PDT
    In the state of Kansas its legal to go through a red light if you have been sitting there unoticed by the sensors for a "resonable" amount of time.
  • September 29, 2012 11:39 AM PDT
    Laid mine over at a stop sign once. Looked real stupid holding the left handgrip with both hands like I was gonna stop it from going over all the way. Lucky for me two guys in the truck behind me helped get it back up and running. After I took off I rode straight home, too embarrassed to stay out any longer that day. Live and learn!
    • 0 posts
    September 29, 2012 3:08 PM PDT
    unbelievable !
    • 2 posts
    October 1, 2012 1:53 AM PDT
    Funny but I've done dumber things
  • October 2, 2012 6:08 AM PDT
    No RetooledDenim my daughter rides alone either on my or my husband's dual sport. Can't wait to see that kid....bawaaaah ha.

And Lucky, no grandkids from those two. Wouldn't want to share with his "f'd" up mom. A little protective of my grandkids and she's not the type I would want them to be around.
  • October 6, 2012 1:59 PM PDT
    Thats okay. . . The day i brought home my new 08' my 17 year old son was drooling in the driveway, so i said "go ahead, just around the ranch" he made a succesful lap, pulled up by me, got wide eyed and fell over. He was still in his baggy pants phase and the cuff of his jeans was over the shifter so he couldn,t put his foot down. Atleast that took care of getting the first scratch out of the way. Lol
    • 1 posts
    October 16, 2012 1:17 PM PDT
    when I lived in the city I have had to do the same thing...but i never dropped the bike getting back on..downunder its a 400 buck fine for running a red..and 3 points on the your licence..These days though I'd wait till ity wsas safe the blast through..If I got caught I'd go to court...and tell the beak the whole story...and let him decide.