Things kids say..........

• 823 posts
    August 16, 2012 10:04 AM PDT
     Sitting outside with my 3 1/2 year old (yes she was a surprise, yes I am 50) yesterday in the evening.  She ask why is the sky orange, so I explained the sunset.  She says " Daddy I wanna go see it"  I told her we have to see it from here, it is far away and if we tried to chase it we could never catch up.  She thinks for a minute and points at my bike.  "On your motorcycle we can!"   I like her way of thinking............... 
  • August 16, 2012 11:37 AM PDT
    Out of the mouth of babes. Go chase that sunset little mama!
    • 5417 posts
    August 16, 2012 11:52 AM PDT
    Wouldn't it be nice to just chase the sunset on the bike!!!
    • 5417 posts
    August 16, 2012 11:58 AM PDT
    Oh kids do say the darndest things.  Laura actually writes down all the funny stuff our kids have said.  One of the funniest was when I was changing a light bulb on the patio and didn't realize there was a bird nest on top of the light.  Well mamma bird came at me and scared me right off the latter then proceeded to peck at my head.  I ran in the house and Riley & Laura were laughing their asses off (Riley was about 11 years old).

Next time Laura's mom came over Laura told him to tell Grammy about Daddy's encounter with the bird.  So Riley goes up to Grammy and tells her Daddy had an intercourse with a bird!!!

• 823 posts
    August 16, 2012 12:37 PM PDT
    Lucky, if you chase the sunset you better go east first a few days.
    • 9 posts
    August 16, 2012 11:54 PM PDT
    For a friends son, on his third birthday, I made a cake. One of those cakes that you use chocolate graham crackers to make "dirt", and put gummy "bugs" and such all thru it. So it's like a little treasure hunt for the kids. Anyways, he LOVED his cake, and from then on his birthday was known as his "DIRTDAY".
    I still get the biggest kick outta that...

Ride Free
    Tweek

P.S....Guero, I see you're bringin' that girl, up RIGHT!!!  Go Daddy!
    • 3006 posts
    August 17, 2012 5:21 AM PDT
    Your so blessed,to have a precious child like that.

Kids do say the coolest stuff & at times can be all the inspiration a person needs to see the world in a new light.

• 1780 posts
    August 17, 2012 9:08 PM PDT
    Why does it sound cuter for a 6 year old to say shit then it does when I say shit??????
  • August 19, 2012 2:42 AM PDT
    Our youngest son's girlfriend moved here to go to college. She stopped by our house while he was at work; it happened the granddaughters were here. I introduced her as Uncle's girlfriend. To which the oldest g-daughter (5 yr old) replied, "Are you Uncle's new wife? He got rid of the old one."
  • August 19, 2012 2:43 AM PDT
    BTW - forgot to say - he wasn't married to the previous gf.
  • August 19, 2012 12:17 PM PDT
    Love this picture of your baby girl...she has already got that biker mentality, off to chase the sun...such spirit at such a young age....watch out dad, she gets it & has it ;-)
  • August 20, 2012 4:33 AM PDT
    Wouldn't it be wonderful if we all chased sunsets from time to time? She has the right attitude, and a great dad to encourage it!
    • 395 posts
    August 20, 2012 4:55 AM PDT
    I still chase the sunset..you are never too old..or too young...
    • 823 posts
    September 4, 2012 11:39 AM PDT

• September 4, 2012 1:48 PM PDT
    Enjoy the cute things they say when their little because once their teenagers parents only hear how much we don't understand! !!..lol
    • 611 posts
    September 4, 2012 4:51 PM PDT
    I lived in Tucson for a spell... I rode off into so many sunsets... riding off into the sunset sux... the sun's in your eyes, ya can't see squat and it's hotter that the Hubs of Hades! They are great to watch, from a porch with a cold beverage in my paw...
    Would much rather ride away from the sunrise and see the beauty in my mirrors! Ha...
    justsayin...
    • 7 posts
    September 5, 2012 7:13 AM PDT
    Ha! Nice :-))

Just last week my niece walked up to me said... out-of-the-blue:
    "Man! You're Old".

Nice!