In Memory of my Sister

• 3006 posts
    August 16, 2012 3:49 AM PDT
    In memory of my sister who passed away early this morning from stomach cancer.

She was a light in this world,a person you could depend on.A good mother & wife & a great sister.She came thru for me in the last couple of years when I hit some rough water,she acted like a bridge & always made the crossing all the easier in those times when I was ready to give up. I remeber the first time when I was all of 6 when she beat the daylights out of a kid down the street for bullying me constantly.When she allowed me to take her barbie dolls for a ride on my fire truck.Or the Xmas when she surprised me with some really cool stuff for riding my motorcycle years ago. I'll cherish those memories of a better time,when life wasnt so complicated and living was easy & she was around to help me out,or show me new stuff or places I never would have seen if not for her.I will miss her dearly.

For all my CF friends,dont take anything for granted,hold your loved ones let them know always how special they are,dont let slip from your mind how fragile & short our time is on this world. And thanks to Lucky n all the good people I have met here, I normally would not be the sort to share my grief,yet I feel like we are family,bound together by our love for riding & sharing that experience with those less fortunate.

Stay Safe & Enjoy the Ride All !!!
    • 5420 posts
    August 16, 2012 3:56 AM PDT
    Ron, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your sister.

Yes we are an extended family and we want you to know that our thoughts and prayers are with you, your sister and your entire family.

Sounds like you have some great memories of your sister and those will live forever!
  • August 16, 2012 4:58 AM PDT
    What wonderful memories to share with us. She was very lucky to have a family that loves her so much.

Our prayers for you and your family.
    • 16837 posts
    August 16, 2012 5:26 AM PDT
    My prayers and sincere condolences.
  • August 16, 2012 7:59 AM PDT
    Sorry to hear that matey.....
  • August 16, 2012 11:47 AM PDT
    Hugz for you during this hard time of releasing sis ;-( Still have my moments when I hear certain songs.I can tell you that at certain times of the day when you would usually talk to them on the phone seems to be the toughest.I just know that each of us have those certain folks in our life for only a short time which never seems long enough....yea, I'm selfess and wish they would always be at our side instead of just our hearts......love never dies.
    • 0 posts
    August 16, 2012 1:16 PM PDT
    My sincere & heartfelt condolences. She will be watching over you.My thoughts and prayers are with you .
  • August 16, 2012 2:14 PM PDT
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I lost a sister many years ago and I know how you feel. Even after many years I still remember our years growing up. I remember all the things we did as kids and how precious it was. They may be apart from us but they are always in our hearts.
    • 3006 posts
    August 16, 2012 4:44 PM PDT
    Thank you each & everyone for the kind words & thoughts, I do truly appreciate them. Its been a long day here,and one I wont soon forget if ever. I am already missing her, yet I know she would not want me grieving long or doing anything crazy.

Thanks again everyone !!!
    • 19046 posts
    August 16, 2012 8:46 PM PDT
    Loosing a loved one is never easy. My thoughts go to you and your Family Ron.
  • August 17, 2012 1:14 AM PDT
    I am sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
    • 846 posts
    August 17, 2012 1:20 AM PDT
    My thoughts are for you and your family. Nice memory's and thanks for sharing that insight.
    • 658 posts
    August 17, 2012 1:49 PM PDT
    Ron, Remember she will always live on in your heart. You now have an angel to watch over you through the rest of your ride. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family brother.
  • August 17, 2012 3:35 PM PDT
    Sorry to hear about your loss. I lost a brother to cancer. Losing loved ones leaves a hole in this life. Prayers to you and the family.
  • August 18, 2012 1:51 AM PDT
    in time her memories will warm your heart and bring great joy and comfort. I know this is a bitter sweet moment for the entire family. Deepest Sympathies "T"
  • August 18, 2012 1:51 AM PDT
    in time her memories will warm your heart and bring great joy and comfort. I know this is a bitter sweet moment for the entire family. Deepest Sympathies "T"
    • 580 posts
    August 19, 2012 10:01 AM PDT
    So sorry for your loss Ron. Take comfort in all the wonderful times you both shared and she will live forever in your heart. Sending big hugs and sincerest condolences x
  • August 19, 2012 10:24 AM PDT
    Sorry for your loss Prayers out to you and your family
    • 2 posts
    August 19, 2012 1:25 PM PDT
    Well told - Not often I get misty - Deepest sympathy

Think I will write my sisters
  • August 19, 2012 5:02 PM PDT
    Sorry to hear about your loss. Thanks for sharing the stories with us.

May she rest in peace knowing you remember all the good times with her.
  • August 21, 2012 12:54 PM PDT
    Ron,

I'm sorry to hear of your loss! The memories you have of her are treasures you'll keep forever. Only time and the Lord can take away the sting and sense of loss you're feeling now. Rest assured your CF family has your back!

Ride safe!
    BIGG
    • 544 posts
    August 22, 2012 6:17 AM PDT
    So sorry for your loss and the loss to other family members as well. Bless you going forward.