RIP DEFENDERS!

• August 1, 2012 7:37 AM PDT
    The third member of my unit in the past month commited suicide yesterday. Remeber not all scars are visible and suciide is a permenant solution to a temporary problem. I'm always there to chat if you guys need it.
    • 823 posts
    August 1, 2012 7:45 AM PDT
    Sorry man. Hate to hear that.
    • 1 posts
    August 1, 2012 8:30 AM PDT
    Sorry to hear about your buddy John. May he rest in peace!
  • August 1, 2012 9:45 AM PDT
    RIP for your friend he's in Gods hands now
  • August 1, 2012 11:03 AM PDT
    Man that is terrible. So sorry for the loss.
  • August 1, 2012 11:24 AM PDT
    Prayers over your whole unit for total healing,starting on the inside.Prayers well for the family and friends trying to understand, when no answer will ever be good enough.
  • August 1, 2012 2:22 PM PDT
    Thanks guys!
  • August 1, 2012 3:57 PM PDT
    Praying for you and everyone.
    • 3006 posts
    August 2, 2012 2:30 AM PDT
    Sending prayers for all of you. Its never easy to deal with that situation civilian or military, I know from personal experience myself.
    The best we can do is offer to listen to others,truly listen n help when n where we can.
    The fall out from these events can often push those who are borderline into action,its important for people to vent their feelings,really let it all hang out there and be heard with compassion & caring when those thoughts rear their ugly head. All too often in our society I see a complete failure to communicate between people for any number of reasons.I wish I had listened better myself when I had the chance to.

stay safe n enjoy the ride
  • August 2, 2012 3:48 AM PDT
    I never know what to say to anyone at times like this.....

.....but I guess I just did...
    • 9 posts
    August 10, 2012 4:04 PM PDT
    I guess I really need to check this forum, a little more often. It's never easy to learn that someone we're close to, or anyone for that matter, can't find a better option. John, please know my prayers are with you, and your unit. Ya'll went thru some hell, but there is better waitin' for ya. Sometimes just gettin' there is the hardest.

Ride Free
    Tweek
  • August 14, 2012 6:10 PM PDT
    Will continue to keep you and all that have served and that are serving our country in my prayers. I have a very close friend that is a combat vet, it breaks my heart to see him struggle at times PTSD. All I can do is be there for him when he need a friend.
  • August 15, 2012 2:58 AM PDT
    Thanks guys.