Does music drive you? Can your moods be swayed by it?

• 9 posts
    July 21, 2012 1:18 PM PDT

I'm pretty transparent for the most part.  You can (according to some), read my thoughts, by lookin' at my face.  I HATE that!  So, I listen to music, to help me be a little LESS "see thru"...  Cause while I'm a pretty "straight-up" person, there are times, when I would like to retain, a little mystery.  And music makes it a whole lot easier, to keep some things...ALL TO MYSELF. Or to change a mood, from bad to good.

Anyone else feel this way?  I'd love to hear about it...from ALL Ya'll! 

Ride Free 
    Tweek

• 658 posts
    July 21, 2012 1:58 PM PDT
    Music will enchance any mood you are feeling. It can also change your mood. Spending A LOT of years behind a bar and just as much in front of one. I can tell you this from experince. I've seen it change a crowd's mood in a heart beat. And for me, I'd much rather listen to upbeat music.
    • 1516 posts
    July 21, 2012 4:27 PM PDT
    I love to listen to music, I have it on pretty much of the time. Yeah, it can change my mood, but if I don' tlike the way it is taking me, it is out of the air...
    • 16831 posts
    July 21, 2012 4:35 PM PDT
    I have a 200 CD player in my main garage, 50 or so of the CDs are Grateful Dead and or their side projects.
    Also I have 300+ "bootlegs" of their live shows.
    This helps me "level out", be creative, and do monotonousness work in better than ideal conditions with ease.
    • 9 posts
    July 21, 2012 4:43 PM PDT
    Bring IT!  Bring the rain...

TheTweek64 has shared a video with you on YouTube:

• July 21, 2012 11:26 PM PDT
    There is absolutely a difference between music and good road music.
    Loud enough to feel... Good enough to move the soul..
    Put those together on a bike and you have some real road music....
  • July 21, 2012 11:54 PM PDT
    I listen to a pretty wide variety of music, from metal to classic rock to acoustic guitar, even classical. I don't find that music changes my mood as much as the music I have on reflects the mood I'm in.
    • 5420 posts
    July 22, 2012 2:46 AM PDT
    I don't really use music to change my mood as much as express it. I usually listen to different types of music depending on the mood I am in.
  • July 22, 2012 6:43 AM PDT
    My music is in the truck...

I find it a distraction in the garage/workshop environment and so I just dont have it on in there, I dont get any quality work done!!!...

I wont have music on a motorcycle, I wont have music on any of my machines... The engine is the music I like to hear there...

So its just in the truck and it ranges from bands I know personally as I like their stuff, I have promoted 2 of the bands...all the rest in my multi cd changer is the general everyday rock and stuff you hear on every radio station every day,and as I aintchanged them around in years now I often switch on to a digital radio station that just plays stuff I like..... 
    • 2 posts
    July 22, 2012 7:11 AM PDT
    Does music drive you? Can your moods be swayed by it?
    Gracious yes!
    Defy ANYBODY to listen to "Foggy Mountain Breakdown" or "Tenbrooks & Molly"and not drive too fast (way too fast in some cases, which is why never listen to bluegrass while driving).
    Can't imagine anybody listening to "B Minor Mass" and not wanting to create something never before seen.
    "Against the Wind" usually gets me homeward bound.
    Bunches of Emmylou Harris stuff makes me misty
    Gordon Lightfoot stuff takes me back-to-the-day & pretty useless for awhile

I'm w/ Jetman, only listen to good music in safe environments
    • 1855 posts
    July 22, 2012 8:27 AM PDT
    I too am a Bluegrass fan but it's pretty much party time when listening. Can't see sittin' around the house to the tunes of Del McCoury, Nashville Grass, etc. Gotta grab a jug of shine and go mudslingin'. LOL
    A product of the 60's I'm just a huge fan of about everything that era offered, especially Bob Seger, Grace Slick, Moody Blues, etc.

Music to me is a step back in time. It provides the catalyst for me to remember what I was doing back on August 16th, 1962 as Del Shannon's 'RunAway' was playing; a 14 year old H.S. freshman lookin' deep into the beautiful eyes of the Italian beauty who would one day make me the envy of all the boys in school the next 4 years. Funny thing though, years later when I shipped off to Nam she didn't wait to send me a dear John. She told me before I left that I'd been like a brother to her. My God!!!! A Brother? :>(

For the most part, name a song and I can tell you what I was doing the first time I heard it.

Peace
    • 601 posts
    July 22, 2012 9:29 AM PDT
    Radio alarm wakes me in the morning and whatever tune is playing is the one I will be humming for the day, even if its some stupid song that I would never listen to.... Rory Gallagher and the Waterboys are my favourites and will always pick me up if I'm feeling down.
    • 19040 posts
    July 22, 2012 12:12 PM PDT
    Everything from Hank to Johann.
  • July 22, 2012 3:58 PM PDT
    Music definitely cuts to the soul. I love listening to music, and certain tunes does conjur up memories and feelings. I play guitar, and I believe music stirs the heart of every person. Perhaps, some of us more than others.
    • 79 posts
    July 22, 2012 4:12 PM PDT
    For me i pick my music for the mood that i'm in.sometimes country but mainly classic metal or rock.
    • 9 posts
    July 23, 2012 12:47 AM PDT

Today, for instance.  I needs me some INSPIRATION!!!  Lot's to do, little time, to do it...

Music video by Natasha Bedingfield performing Unwritten.2005 SONY

This motivate's me...so, LET'S DO THIS!  Have A God Day, Ya'll!!!  

Ride Free
    Tweek

• 601 posts
    July 23, 2012 3:00 AM PDT
    Well Tweek, I'm sitting in a heliport in Tromso in Norway waiting for the helicopter to ferry me 2hrs out to a semi-submersible drilling rig somewhere in the Artic circle for the next 3 weeks, missing my family already and this tune is playing on my MP3....really sets the mood for me, but soon I'll be up to me ass in work and that'll concentrate my mind...so listen to the tune and when you fill up at the next gas station....maybe you'll think of us poor fools who bring that oil up from the deep, so we all can enjoy our bikes.....

• July 23, 2012 3:25 AM PDT
    As a musician, music does both drive me and sways my moods.  I am a believer that music is the soundtrack of our lives.  I somehow could remember a certain part of my life so vividly, like it happened yesterday, whenever a certain song comes on.  With out music, life would be dull.  That is why when I hear that schools are cutting music and art programs to save money, I cringe.  It is such an integral part of our lives.
  • July 23, 2012 3:35 AM PDT
    Oh yeah! Got to have it. Can't get away from sound just listen to what's around.
    Like oldies. Listen when ride, drive or in garage. Always affects mood. It also helps drown out the ringing in my ears.
  • July 23, 2012 7:09 AM PDT
    Any type of Live music outdoors always makes me get in the mood for fun. Don't expect me to hang out very long if your playing some cd's. I enjoy it on the bike if I'm just logging the miles going down a hwy on my way somewhere, but if it's a great ride I turn it off and just enjoy the beauty of where I'm at.
    • 9 posts
    July 23, 2012 10:53 AM PDT
    rory1 wrote...
    Well Tweek, I'm sitting in a heliport in Tromso in Norway waiting for the helicopter to ferry me 2hrs out to a semi-submersible drilling rig somewhere in the Artic circle for the next 3 weeks, missing my family already and this tune is playing on my MP3....really sets the mood for me, but soon I'll be up to me ass in work and that'll concentrate my mind...so listen to the tune and when you fill up at the next gas station....maybe you'll think of us poor fools who bring that oil up from the deep, so we all can enjoy our bikes.....

Well I appreciate what you do Rory, and this guy ain't too bad either!!!  Thank YOU!

Ride Free
    Tweek

• July 23, 2012 11:14 AM PDT
    Flatt & Scruggs - Foggy Mountain Breakdown, the original 1949 version, makes me drive like an absolute maniac and I will race ANYONE with THAT playing full blast in my truck...lol...4 solid 200watt speakers in the front and behind both seats are those really good sub-woofers that are 400watts each...turn that damn stereo up to around 20 (halfway) and I really p*ss off the people I beat racing ...lol...
    • 844 posts
    July 23, 2012 2:15 PM PDT
    I listen to different music depending on my mood. Always the same music when riding 'cause I'm always in a good mood when I ride!
    • 9 posts
    July 25, 2012 6:09 PM PDT

Can't get this one, outta my head today. I's runnin' on a daggone loop, in my head!  I love my music, but I like to change the daggone channel sometimes...

Music video by Bon Jovi performing I'll Be There For You.1988 The Island Def Jam Music Group

I'm hopin' since I did this, I satisfied the obsessional demons...sheesh. 

Ride Free 
    Tweek