• July 18, 2012 2:40 AM PDT
     SPY~D  2011 HARLEY    HOME BUILTFROM THE FRAME UP
  • July 18, 2012 3:16 AM PDT

• July 18, 2012 3:25 AM PDT
    FPRATT wrote...
     A 1974 TRIUMPH T140 Home Made
    wow!!!!Awesome!!!

• July 18, 2012 3:59 AM PDT
    We have a different set of rules here in UK with regard to entering a competition where something is up for winning.....You do actually have to prove you own the machine you are exhibiting...if its entered in an engineering section you have to prove that you were the engineer...if its entered in the Best Paint section you had better be the owner and painter...same for all other categories.....I am willing to bet that if ownership was called for here in this competition quite a few would be withdrawn .....

ah well, whatever.....

Ahha, I just read the front page start message again.....it DOES state that you should only enter your OWN machine.....
    • 5420 posts
    July 18, 2012 5:36 AM PDT
    Yep, remember this is a friendly contest for our members to show off THEIR bikes along with the bikes of their fellow CF members, so yes we ask that the bike belongs to the member. This isn't a pro-competition, its for fun!!!

Now lets see some more of them bikes... I know almost everyone here has one!

• July 18, 2012 5:54 AM PDT
    GoFur wrote...
    1999 Harley-Davidson Dyna FXR

This ol' boy has been around the block quite a few times. I am not real big into adding any of that fancy stuff, just add anything to make it more comfortable, and safe.

• 3006 posts
    July 18, 2012 10:28 AM PDT
    Yeah July is heating uplots of sweet rides here nice eye candy,yet i have to agree with others,its for fun & a good way to see what other CF'rs are riding for real.My baby is coming up on 60000 + miles of smiles for me,still I already seen the bike I am voting for this month & it aint mine LOL forgive me Blubelle I lov ya honey but but..; )
  • July 18, 2012 3:16 PM PDT
    I like to travel with just my old leather throw-overs. 07 SPORTSTOUR
  • July 19, 2012 7:26 AM PDT
    Here is my 2006 Roadstar. Let's hope it wins!!!
  • July 19, 2012 12:20 PM PDT
    here is my naked 2006 flhxi in nh.
  • July 20, 2012 12:13 PM PDT
    My 2006 8 Ball...won best of show at the last event I went to..surprisin because it was dirty and just parked..at  a club event....It wasnt a harley and I knew only a couple of club members...

It is a 106" with a six speed (both custom additions) with a S&S high compression kit and puts out 112 hp and 132 lbs of torque....
    • 844 posts
    July 20, 2012 1:36 PM PDT
    cool 8 ball!
    • 4 posts
    July 20, 2012 7:49 PM PDT
     76 shovle
  • July 21, 2012 2:15 AM PDT

• July 21, 2012 6:10 AM PDT

"Colossus" The Jet Trike.....

.........................Owned and run regularly by me.........................

This is the Worlds First and Only STREET LEGAL Thrust Powered Vehicle...

BOP 215 (modified) - V8 on the front, producing 322 hp, on a Borg Warner 35R Auto Transmission..
    Back axle is donated from a Jaguar XJ12 Series 1... modified Differential...

Rolls Royce Paloustre Mk 10 FULL THRUST Helicopter Jet Engine on its back...
    Producing 800lbs thrust per square inch... with Afterburner its 1200lbs thrust per square inch...
    So without afterburner its approximately 1880bhp...
    with afterburner its producing approximately 2440bhp...
    Afterburner/Reheat system donated from 3 different jet fighter planes in Europe...
    There are 3 jet fighters in Europe missing some parts...lol...
    Fuel delivery system donated from one fighter... (Hawk)
    Full Ignitor system donated from another fighter...(Hawk)
    Tailpipe of non-specific origins but possibly from a Hawk...

Pro Track Dragster rims with biggest street legal tyres here in UK...
    Front wheel from non-specific American Off-roader Truck, inc brake calliper and disk...
  • July 21, 2012 6:32 AM PDT

"Big Yellow" ... Muscle Trike ...

Often used for street racing against Porche, Masserati, Lamborghini and Ferrari...
    0 to 60mph in low 3's ... 0 to 100mph in low 6's ... Top Speed in just over 9 seconds...

This Trike started life with a 6.6litre Chevy V8 with full Edelbrock kit throughout...
    When it was built it was the biggest ci / cc trike here in UK...
    Then someone else did a 6.6litre trike...So I dropped a 7.2litre Oldsmobile engine in...
    With the 7.2litre it lost its edge on the power to weight ratio...
    So I fully cut and stroked a 5.7litre (350ci) small Buick engine, it now has...
    750 - 4 pot double pumper Holley sitting on it, 400T Auto Transmission...
    Back Axle is also a Jaguar XJ12 Series 1, with a modified Series 3 XJS Differential...

Trike is now producing 540bhp to the back wheels, Torques measured up to 540 but had to stop run.....
    the rolling road started to break apart and I had to slam on the brakes damn quick...
    so no final torque figure available at this time...

Wheel rims are 1960's American Compomotives with ZZR rated track tyres.....
  • July 21, 2012 6:57 AM PDT

............ Harley "Mongrel Dog" ............

(built by HD in 1996 ... bought by me in 1999 with 3000 miles on it...)
    Started life as a standard Harley Davidson FXDL, Dyna Low Rider...
    built by HD of York, PA. USA...

Since owning this machine I have messed around with it...
    First I did was yank out the 1340cc Evo Engine and bored out to 1402cc.
    All parts used after rebore are non-standard parts, all toughened etc...
    Next was rip off the Low Rider front end and replaced with a Wide Glide ...
    for better handling and cornering...
    Next changed saddle and back seat and sissy bar to what I wanted...
    Next I added pull back risers and Honda style pull back bars...
    Next changed brakes to P+M front and rear...(stops real good now)
    Next stuck slash cut drag pipes on for the much better sound...
    Next stuck after market extra forward forward controls...
    With all these modifications it is now like sitting in your favourite armchair...
    Many after market parts include indicators/turn signal units...(Kuryakin)

Triple Compound Harley Davidson brand tyres on Harley rims...
    Now corners like it is on rails...

This bike cruises at 100mph, best fuel economy at 80 to 90mph...
    Top Speed 130mph...

By doing all these modifications it now handles great, out performs 99% of UK Harley riders rides and I do 3 tanks of gas before I need to get off and stretch at all as it really is set up to feel like a favourite comfy armchair.....
  • July 21, 2012 5:56 PM PDT
    wow....seems to me Jay Leno has a jet powered bike....and I wonder how the boss hog stands up to these....
  • July 22, 2012 6:18 AM PDT
    FrankiieTrees wrote...
    wow....seems to me Jay Leno has a jet powered bike....and I wonder how the boss hog stands up to these....

Bearing in mind that Jay Leno has one that has the tiny APU fitted, mine is a full size, full thrust Rolls Royce producing 800lbs thrust, 1200lbs thrust with afterburner.. (read the specs on it again...lol...)

The MTT Turbine Superbike , also known as the Y2K Turbine Superbike, is a wheel-driven motorcycle powered by a turboshaft engine, created by Ted McIntyre of Marine Turbine Technologies. The bike is power by a Rolls-Royce-Allison Model 250 producing 320 hp (240 kW) at 52,000 rpm, and has a price tag of US$175,000. Unlike some earlier jet-powered motorcycles, where a massive jet engine provided thrust to push the motorcycle, the turboshaft engine on this model drives the rear wheel via a two-speed gearbox. Riding the motorcycle is said to be somewhat tricky due to the inherent throttle lag in the engine, acceleration when letting off the throttle, and extreme length.

The engines used in the motorcycles are second-hand, having reached the FAA-mandated running time limit after which they have to be rebuilt, regardless of condition. MTT can buy these engines for a much lower price than new engines and use them on surface vehicles without requiring FAA approval. To get around the problem of procuring the kerosene usually used in turbine engines, the engine of the bike is also able to use diesel or jet fuel.....(info taken from MTT website)

Unlike piston engine powered motorcycles, such as the Suzuki Hayabusa, models of the MTT Turbine SUPERBIKE produced since 2001 do not have the 300 km/h speed limiting governors self-imposed by Japanese manufacturers.

In 2008, MTT released the "Streetfighter," another jet-bike with a more powerful 420 hp (310 kW) engine.

Also, the Boss Hoss has a very similar 350ci unit (similar to Big Yellows) on the smaller ones and a 502ci on the biggest of the production models, with a couple of specials that have a 540ci big block...NEITHER of these can pull away even as good as a small 600cc Honda, the negative torque produced on acceleration stops it from making a fast launch, stops it from acheiving rapid acceleration and prohibits fast cornering on left hand corners under load as it tries to stand up-and almost dangerous cornering on right hand corners at anything more than 20mph on standard corners, to 50 mph on a sweeping long curve as the torque tries to throw it to the ground under acceleration.....I have ridden both models of these bikes, the 350 and the 502, (
    Courtesy of Bruce + Debbi Vetti, Stamford Boss Hoss of Stamford, CT. close to I-95 )...

Once you get them rolling they are fun to ride, but anyone that has ridden them will tell you that if you try and open the throttle too fast you WILL be flipped off the side through the negative torque.....so as a bike it is totally non-competitive...go look at Bruce and Debbi's website on
    www.bosshossct.com style="font-size: medium"> they have done some real good machines.....

Top Speed -so far- on the Jet Trike is 220mph @38% thrust, it is expected to acheive between 360-380mph @78% thrust, I will need a 5 mile run to do the 78%.....Salt Flats has stopped vehicles like mine running there, so everyone is now going to a lake bed in North Africa instead, I have no need or want to go to Africa for ANY reason...

The 350ci in Big Yellow may have come from a Buick that had less than 20,000 miles on it, it had never been opened and THATS why I wanted it for cutting, its the small block version, plenty of metal to cut away and still leave it solid, bored and stroked, even the waterways were enlarged and polished to cope with the advanced water system for cooling, all hoses etc are at normal pressure for usual road use, but its a pressurised to 30psi system when I set it up for racing...I get 2 races before having to re-pressurise the system to 30psi...

I hope all this info helps.....My toys are all proven on the road, used regularly ALL year, even in the heart of winter.....

• July 22, 2012 8:27 AM PDT
    2004 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic.
    • 5420 posts
    July 25, 2012 3:13 AM PDT
    Come on Black... it's still today!!!  Tomorrow is tomorrow!

There has been a change in the schedule - sorry!

I forgot I was leaving town for the Too Broke for Sturgis Rally and just plain ran out of time to get the voting poll all set up.

The contest entry has been extended thru Sunday night and we will start the voting on Monday!

• July 25, 2012 3:20 AM PDT

2006 Harley-Davidson Sportster, Custom designed handlebars, footpegs, rear fender extension and hidden plate, steel hardbags,fiberglass front fairing, fiberglass front fender, Big Bore Kit, Too much too list, all done by Myself here in my shop to help promote my new company and showcase what we can do, including the new paint scheme over 80 hours in and not bad for my first attempt at this style paint job. This is the culmination of more than 5 years of work and it changes every year working on the most wicked set of hand rails and engine guard i've never seen currently, will be adding them this weekend will add the pics to my profile soon.