Wheels Through Time Museum

• June 3, 2012 8:15 AM PDT
    Has anyone been to the wheels of time museum ? Thinking of making the trip from Buffalo to check it out.

www.facebook.com/wheelsthroughtime />

• June 3, 2012 10:25 AM PDT
    yes
    • 314 posts
    June 3, 2012 10:54 AM PDT
    I was down there and never knew about them, going next yr
    • 567 posts
    June 3, 2012 11:57 AM PDT
    I went with my brother to the Shadow Aero Riders meeting a couple of years ago and they made a day trip to the museum. It was definitely worth going to because we got a personally guided tour by the guy who built the place. He even took a few of the SAR members for a ride on one of his old Hill Climbing bikes. If you take the time to contemplate the history of what you're seeing .. its worth the admission.
  • June 3, 2012 12:09 PM PDT
    Man these pics are great. I wanna go
    • 3006 posts
    June 3, 2012 12:29 PM PDT
    Good post,
    this picure I added is from a recent bike show in L A it is an old board rider fully restored.Cant believe they actually raced on some of these motorcycles ! 
  • June 3, 2012 1:58 PM PDT
    That's why I want to go, For the history and to see all those different bikes in one place. It's got to be awesome.
  • June 3, 2012 2:04 PM PDT
    Go!!! It's the best motorcycle collection you will ever see and it is presented in a very unique way .Dale is a very nice guy and every time you go he is a personable guy and will spend time with you and give demonstrations and tell about the history of the bikes.he's also a pretty funny character.He will even open for you if he is closed and you call.Hell he even told me to call if i broke down and needed help!!
    not to mention its in one of the best touring areas in the USA>
  • June 3, 2012 2:30 PM PDT
    Thanks Alsflhr
  • June 3, 2012 3:12 PM PDT
    Rob100ci wrote...
    Thanks Alsflhr

That' a pic of Dale the owner (by the way)
  • June 3, 2012 4:32 PM PDT
    This weekend in Hot Springs, AR they had a vintage bike show. They had an Indian that looked more like a bicycle than a motorcycle, and many vintage bikes. Sounds like an interesting trip.

While there in Hot Springs I noticed several MGs, Triumph's, antique Tbirds two seaters. Behind one of the MGs was a Ferrari or Lamborghini (spelling). I figure someone had money, or owed a bunch...lol
    • 130 posts
    June 3, 2012 6:08 PM PDT
     Have been twice.  The museum should be on the 'must see' list of every rider who visits that part of the country.
  • TNT
    June 4, 2012 6:34 AM PDT
    Had a friend call me from there Saturday and said You gotta see this place!!!!!!!!! She said every bike there still runs too.
    • 1855 posts
    June 4, 2012 6:36 AM PDT
    LCStrat wrote...
    This weekend in Hot Springs, AR they had a vintage bike show. They had an Indian that looked more like a bicycle than a motorcycle, and many vintage bikes. Sounds like an interesting trip.

While there in Hot Springs I noticed several MGs, Triumph's, antique Tbirds two seaters. Behind one of the MGs was a Ferrari or Lamborghini (spelling). I figure someone had money, or owed a bunch...lol

Aren't they still in Maggie Valley, N. Carolina?  At one point they were moving to Prescott, Az but I don't believe they did that.  I've been to Maggie Valley WTT couple of times.  Great place; one of the best for motorcycle history in the country.  I'm trying to find the pics I took while there.  You'll enjoy the ride and the history.   N. Carolina is a great place to ride.

Peace
    • 2 posts
    June 4, 2012 10:14 AM PDT
    blurplebuzz wrote...
    Good post,
    this picure I added is from a recent bike show in L A it is an old board rider fully restored.Cant believe they actually raced on some of these motorcycles ! 

Check it out - no brakes - By the end of board track racing typical speeds exceeded 100MPH

• 1855 posts
    June 5, 2012 12:44 AM PDT

Check this out.  This is an amazing motorcycle story.  The bike, a Traub, decades before its time.

http://www.wheelsthroughtime.com/latest/traub-the-worlds-rarest-motorcycle.html />

Peace
    • 314 posts
    June 5, 2012 1:15 AM PDT
    I didn't know about WTT untill i got home. Very disapointed. My family hadn't lived there long so they didn't know either so this is the only picture i got from there.
  • June 5, 2012 1:45 AM PDT
    If you don't have a place to stay he lets ya camp right on the grounds.................."T"
  • June 5, 2012 3:14 AM PDT
    Great info all, I'm definitely going now.
  • June 5, 2012 1:04 PM PDT
    I just got back fom Maggie Valley, NC. on Memorial day weekend, This museum is the only "living" museum of it's kind. Meaning that Dale and Matt will and can start any of these American made and built classics for your enjoyment. If your into antique motorcycles and bikes made with old American Iron, then you'll wanna see!!!!
    • 1 posts
    June 5, 2012 1:33 PM PDT
    Great to hear ya going. Make sure you have plenty of time to go through the museum cuz you going to need it. I really enjoyed and spent the entire day there. We stayed at the A Holiday Motel right up the road from the museum. It is a very biker friendly motel. Check'em out they are Cycle Fish members and they do give a discount. In fact we stayed 2 times.
  • June 5, 2012 2:47 PM PDT
    Went there a few weeks for the 2nd Annual Kickstart Classic hosted by WTT, American Iron Magazine and Baker Drivetrain. Got to do 2 days of riding with the old bikes, camped out on the grounds and had a grand time. Going back next year. Rode from Maggie Valley to N Wilksboro id an overnight and then to Denton Farmpark where they had lots of old bikes for sale.
  • June 5, 2012 3:02 PM PDT
    Steven wrote...
    Great to hear ya going. Make sure you have plenty of time to go through the museum cuz you going to need it. I really enjoyed and spent the entire day there. We stayed at the A Holiday Motel right up the road from the museum. It is a very biker friendly motel. Check'em out they are Cycle Fish members and they do give a discount. In fact we stayed 2 times.

Thanks for the info.

• 1 posts
    June 7, 2012 1:12 AM PDT
    Go you will have a blast Dale is a stand up guy and the nick nameof the measume is the museam that runs as most his machine are very ridable. Dale is a walking encelpidia of motorcycle knowledge and if there is willing to share his knowleage with you. He has some interesting things in that place.

I always stay at Stoney creek motel as the family that owes it are very friendly and even did not get upset when we came knocking on the door looking for a wine bottle opener. has a great little creek and party gazebo right there for you and your friends to party at.
    Enjoy and yep smokey are one of my favorite places to ride.
  • August 2, 2012 4:09 AM PDT
    We were there last summer on our way to Florida and it was a great museum. When talking to them though they said they were having a hard time keeping it open and weren't sure how much longer they could afford to do so. Hopefully they are still there!