Helmuts PLEASE!!

• 823 posts
    May 16, 2012 10:05 AM PDT
     This little guy got ran over today.  Discovered him at an intersection by my house.  Can't help but think, If only he had been wearing his helmet!
  • May 16, 2012 10:44 AM PDT
    bikersue wrote...
    Yep I sure did open up a can of worms!!!! 

Hehehehehe, wanna go fishing?

Ok, here in England its law, big penalties for not wearing a helmet...When in USA it does not matter which State I happen to be in I WEAR A HELMET.....My Choice!!!

3 different friends in USA were killed by being hit by cagers...a no fault of theirs accident that they 'may' have survived if they had been wearing a helmet...
  • May 16, 2012 10:57 AM PDT
    I will never in my life be in favor of any law that restricts my choices as an American just because someone else thinks it is a good idea period. I feel if your an adult you should be able to wear or not wear a helmet or a seatbelt for that matter.
  • May 16, 2012 1:27 PM PDT
    SNELL is not accepted as a stander of mesurement here in Washington State NO DOT STICKER not a leagle lid.
    Bust. 149.00 pluss auto impound. cant get in 30 days its sold. Cost of impound in washington AVGs at 200.00 first day 40.00 each day after. Complely leagle title awaits the Buyer at the other end.
    LET THE RIDER MAKE THE CHOICE!!!!
    • 823 posts
    May 16, 2012 4:06 PM PDT
    Ok I made a joke...... Supposed to lighten things up a little. We get it, choice is good! Most, I think, bikers agree it is your choice. Helmet or not, don't be stupid. Be aware and be safe. Don't take chances and look ahead. Know your limits. Come back alive!
  • May 18, 2012 12:25 AM PDT
    Thank you Guero!
  • May 18, 2012 1:31 AM PDT
    Sue, thank you for continue spreading "Motorcycle Awareness" and keeping it in our minds. Accidents will happen, deaths will occure and so will those who end up permittly disfigured or those with brain damage. I am all about the right to decide for myself is I want to wear or not to wear a helmet. All my helmets are DOT and Snell approved. My passangers have the choice of Full Face or Full Face, well one I didn't offer a choice. Personally Helmets are most needed on those "short" trips or around town. We are more likely to get into an accident when we are with in 10 miles of our homes, at slower speeds out chances are greater for survival from a slow speed accident. However with that said we are more likely to suffer the greatest risks for brain injuries at slower speeds. Highway accidents well helmet or no helmet folks surive by the grace of God. I have found my self reaching for a full face more than the dome helmet lately I don't know why, can't even give ya a good reason either. I have to admit this I often wear a helmet to keep my scalp from getting burnt, my hair from being a mess since I'm not a fan of the doo rag. No matter what you decided to do it is your decision to wear or not to wear, as it is my decision to wear or not to wear. Now that my hair is longer, well I can to things to keep it from being messy so I may go without a helmet too.........I do believe that it is up to each and everyone of us to know the facts, learn the facts, and from there make the decision to wear or not to wear. Education first then decide its your life, its your choice, remember only you can choose for you..................Me Sometimes I wear my full face, sometimes I wear my 1/2, other times I got bared headed and no matter what happens from this choice it was my choice. Have a great one! "T"
  • May 18, 2012 2:12 AM PDT
    I am asst. reg director for ABATE of Indiana Reg 11. As you may know Indiana is not a helment state. ABATE of Indiana leads the fight to keep it that way. I beleive that it should be the riders choice and that the goverment should not put a mandate on lids. It should be a matter of choice. Here in IN we concentrate on rider education. We have, in my opinon, the best rider safety courses in the county. I respect anyone who choices to wear a helment. Its yours choice but why not give us who choice not to wear a helment the right to choose . Ride safe out there.
  • May 18, 2012 7:50 AM PDT
    Sorry I dont boost the ATGATT stance. I do how ever besides Boost the freedom of choice. I also Bang the Gong. About stiffer sentancing for injury and death of Motocyclest. For some reason its nearly perfectly ok to run down bikers. Low jail sentances and expunged records for those once convicted.
    The medias repeated betraying the motorcyclest as little more than thrill seeking death jockies. Dosent help. Then there the nearly constant sing song lies about lids. I could go thur all the reasons the helmet is more likely to kill you than to save your life, But I ll save you all the long read. 

• 1161 posts
    May 19, 2012 3:08 PM PDT
    psychedelic wrote...
    SNELL is not accepted as a standerd of mesurement here in Washington State NO DOT STICKER not a legal lid.
    Bust. 149.00 pluss auto impound. cant get in 30 days its sold. Cost of impound in washington AVGs at 200.00 first day 40.00 each day after. Complely leagle title awaits the Buyer at the other end.
    LET THE RIDER MAKE THE CHOICE!!!!

Just read the Georgia 2012 law as well it is the same here no DOT sticker on it equals ticket, and impound.
     But it is legal to sell non-DOT helmets in Georgia......
  • May 19, 2012 3:14 PM PDT
    Snell exceeds DOT, and mine includes both the DOT and Snell sticker