The Devils Ride on Discovery real or fake ?

• May 10, 2012 6:47 AM PDT
    I was wondering what everyone thought of this show ?  dsc.discovery.com/videos/the-devils-ride-season-overview.html
    seems bogus to me,
    I've read post from people in Cali saying they have never heard of this MC. and some saying these guys are actors.
     What do you think ?

• 846 posts
    May 10, 2012 7:04 AM PDT
    If its not set up then its the PG version of a MC. That's my take from the first episode
    • 823 posts
    • 5417 posts
    May 10, 2012 7:30 AM PDT
    We'll I can tell you I have been at the filming a a number of "reality shows" and none of them are real. I was at a filming of Gene Simons Family Jewels and they did 7 takes of Shannon getting out of the car because she could get her jacket on smoothly. Then 5 more takes of her returning to the car because her drunk walk didn't look real enough after supposedly spending over an hour in the bar... which was actually filmed immediately after her entering the bar.

Take it for what it is supposed to be - ENTERTAINMENT!
    • 2 posts
    May 10, 2012 8:53 AM PDT
    If that show is for real, then I need to get my butt back to the Vatican
  • May 10, 2012 9:19 AM PDT
    I thought it was bullshit, But being from the North East, I wasn't quite sure how you all did things in California. haha
    • 1855 posts
    May 10, 2012 10:56 AM PDT
    Never heard of that club and I'm no stranger to that lifestyle. As for what Jetman said, in the UK they ride the center line as fast as their bikes will go. Our last club brother that weent there said, "you couldn't get a grease BB up his arse".

Peace
    • 5417 posts
    May 10, 2012 11:02 AM PDT
    Not sure if they are real or not but I used to see Laffing Devils around San Diego at poker runs and such every now and then, but haven't seen much of them lately though.
    • 1855 posts
    May 10, 2012 11:04 AM PDT
    A puppet club then, eh?

Peace
    • 823 posts
    May 10, 2012 2:43 PM PDT
    I actually like SOA. It is a TV show. For entertainment, not true nor advertised as such. These so called "reality" TV shows are advertised as true and I really doubt most are anywhere near true. SOA is like a soap opera for bikers I guess................... I watched the devils ride, I have my doubts. I don't think they are targeting people who actually ride anyway or they would have aired it during the winter when we are not riding as much and might actually be bored enough to watch. Sorry Jonesy we can't all travel around the world chasing summer like you do, lucky bastard, lol!
    • 80 posts
    May 11, 2012 12:39 AM PDT
    Jimmyacorn wrote...
    A puppet club then, eh?

Peace

As an X-patch member with a diamond included, I agree with JImmyacorn.  No other way that oufit could exist.  Nuff said.    
  • May 11, 2012 8:15 AM PDT
    I watched it and was not real impressed. Found it ironic that in the first episode of the show they needed to find a new clubhouse, celebrated the clubs 5 year anniversary and had the Prez step down. A awful lot of dramatics for the first one.
  • Pat
    May 11, 2012 9:39 AM PDT
    for T.V. is about it why would the club prez. step down he was one of the founders of the club and hand it over to young blood not a founding member sounds like T.V.
    • 5417 posts
    May 11, 2012 10:25 AM PDT
    You mean the stuff I see in "the box" isn't real ????
    • 5417 posts
    May 12, 2012 1:43 AM PDT
    Ok, I watched the show for the first time. Really??? I mean really???? The show was definitely scripted - just little things you catch that tells you all of the filming is staged and scripted... like what's in the background during a scene to accent the scene, the way both people in a conversation are turned correctly so you can see both faces at once and they are evenly lighted. These aren't lucky coincidences on random shots of real stuff.

How about the scene with the suspicious car went by them and two of the club members jumped on their bikes to go check it out. Luckily there was a camera crew on the next block waiting for them to come around the corner, just in case this happened!

I know the Laffing Devils were a real club - at least a while back - haven't seen them for quite a while though (probably busy filming). Not sure if the club was just started and let run for a few year in preparation for the show, or if the network convinced them all to become actors (wouldn't be the first time).

I'll stick to watching SOA. It's fake, they tell us it fake and make it pretty entertaining.
    • 823 posts
    May 12, 2012 3:02 AM PDT
    I'm with you Lucky!
  • May 12, 2012 3:21 AM PDT
    First off Yes I couldnt agree more. Yes Vergina there is a santa. There is "Some Real T.V.". But is this REAL T.V. I think not. Off color remarks about just what is REAL and FAKE is up to you the viewer. In the end, I can only speek for myself and what I beleve is "REAL".
    2nd. As to the commet about lesser patch clubs or lesser knowen clubs or even clubs within clubs. In a world that can brand 3 guys dressed the same as gangesters, "Law here in washington state allowing the PA to charge you with a higher crime becuse it was done as a gang." Many clubs in a LESS than disarable place such as under goverment search and seziure laws or BANNED COLOR laws "I.E. The Mongles. can and will use lesser size clubs to cover there actives. Eather wrong or right. Not for me to decide. In the local area there are at least 6 small clubs. Not Dimond holders. But clubs non the less. There are also famlie clubs you have to be eather bloodline or married in. a few of these. Non of witch would be much fun to watch on the old boob tube. Condence of time or streaching of the truth is nothing new for "REAL T.V." But compleatly honestly I ve seen the use of lesser clubs to cover actives that are less honarble.
  • Pat
    May 12, 2012 8:33 AM PDT
    I'm with ya Lucky no diamond patch on the show. I'm sure if there was the real 1%ers would have same thing to say about it. I'm sticking with SOA better t v anyway
    • 1161 posts
    May 19, 2012 1:44 PM PDT
    Yep I saw the first show, and I agree with most of you as well. I'll stick with SOA, this was crap. This reality tv was a joke. If your going to show 1%er life style then do it or don't but don't claim to show it. As for the diamond yep that is a coveted patch just like the rest of the club patch. This may be ok for the local cager but not for me.
  • May 19, 2012 9:03 PM PDT
    Today me and the Mrs. went on a charity ride for the troops near our house in Cali and low and behold who we should see there but Mr. Gypsy the founder and ex-president of the devils. His buddies were all laughing at him that he was TV famous now. My opinion is that of any TV show on right now. None of them are real, it's TV right.
    • 0 posts
    May 23, 2012 8:58 AM PDT
    I RECKON IM GONNA STICK TO "MY BIG REDNECK VACATION".....CHEERS BOOF
  • May 30, 2012 10:15 PM PDT
    When I saw the name Eric Bischoff as executive producer I immediately thought the show was staged, considering he was the executive producer of wcw wrestling and involved in wrestling for years.
  • May 31, 2012 6:21 AM PDT
    They are a Real Club here in SD, CA. Close Friends have answered this question for me, They are not acters, but also not all the Original Members stayed because of the show, so there are alot of "new members" to fill in the numbers to produce the show, although there is some scripting going on, alot of their drama is the real deal inside their club. Dont know them personally but i have Respect for all Clubs and know this type of MC is very real and there are alot of them here in SD! I stay away to keep outa trouble and Enjoy the Ride.
  • May 31, 2012 9:27 AM PDT
    Didnt C the show so no coment so far will watch it when it run's agen & there should b a pic of my Bike there
    <--------
    • 5417 posts
    June 4, 2012 6:39 PM PDT
    OK, Here I am working with the TV on in the background and this show is on... I just couldn't help but to keep it on... kind of like a train wreck - it's a disaster, but you can't help but look!

I can't believe they actually said "There might be a leak in the club?" You think it might have something to do with all the TV cameras and microphones in the Club House!!!!