Took my ten year old son on his first road trip.

• 513 posts
    April 9, 2012 11:48 PM PDT
    Got to take my ten year old son out on his first road trip and he absolutely loved it. We went for a spin around the county and then stopped of at a pub for some tea and hot chocolate mud cake and then a quick blast home.The boy has been on the back of the bike before but only around the garden and in a field so after putting in the hours in the shed working on other peoples bikes with me and my own, it was time for him to hit the road. The bug has now bit him and another biker is forged for the future, I could not be more proud
    • 513 posts
    April 9, 2012 11:52 PM PDT
    This was when we got back
    • 513 posts
    April 9, 2012 11:53 PM PDT

Hot chocolate mud cake ---yum!

• 5420 posts
    April 10, 2012 12:20 AM PDT
    Good for you Ian! Hard to tell if he liked the ride or the chocolate mud cake more!

My boy is too old to ride with me anymore, so now I have to wait for the grand kids to get a bit older.
    • 19049 posts
    April 10, 2012 12:50 AM PDT
    Ian, That is so damned COOL!
    • 658 posts
    April 10, 2012 1:16 AM PDT
    Ian, you're bringing him up right! The smile is as big after the ride as it is eating the cake. You better start building now, it will seem like weeks and he have his permit. Glad ya'll had fun!
    Medic
  • April 10, 2012 2:44 AM PDT
    Awesome!, I loved riding with grams and my uncles it really was alot of fun. Remember "The Family that Rides Together Stays Together" have a great one! "T"
  • April 10, 2012 8:49 AM PDT
    Start 'em young mate, thats what I say...and as long as you see that grin mate you KNOW they are hooked...lol...
    • 10 posts
    April 10, 2012 8:53 AM PDT
    Wonderful experience for the little man. A new Harley member up and coming, I remember my first time on a bike best experience of my life nothing better then that!!!!
    • 10 posts
    April 10, 2012 9:00 AM PDT
     Been riding for quite some time now in the Miami area, use to have a sport bike but I'm over the crotch rockets. I can't seem to find a good biker hangout without seeing more sport bikes then Harley's anyone from Miami on the site and down to cruise the boulevard of the sunshine state 
  • April 13, 2012 8:19 PM PDT
    I see from the pictures that you and your son had a great time especially with mud chocolate pie
    I also brought my 5 year old son riding, I make him wear leather jackets and helmets to protect him.
    It is a great bonding for a mother and son, and you did also with your son. Great job!
  • June 4, 2012 11:36 PM PDT
    It sounds like a great trip! I bet kids love to ride on a bike! :) It's definitely better than a new toy or some delivery chocolate
    When you you think are children old enough to ride with an adult? I have an 8 year old niece who wants to drive with me but I guess she's too young! But she's really enthusiastic about it haha* But I guess she will have to wait a little bit more.
    • 1 posts
    June 6, 2012 7:19 PM PDT
    great post....reminds me of back in the day....with my son. thanks ...
  • June 7, 2012 1:08 AM PDT
     This is my oldest when she was 3 years old... she's 15 now and I had the bike 10 years before she was born so I think I raised my kids up right! She LOVES to ride! She wants a ride on my new bike, so when she gets here this summer I'll take her for her maiden voyage on my new ride!
    • 1 posts
    June 10, 2012 3:13 PM PDT
    I think you nailed it right there Black...I've always had bikes, my daighter is 18 now.and will still duke it out with her Mum for the back seat...He current boyfriend doesn't ride...and probably never will. Keeps the family tight. Yet no one will go on the back of my son..yet...he's carnage waiting to happen.
  • June 10, 2012 3:52 PM PDT
    It's great to involve the kids in what you love. This is just me, but you may want to begin looking for him a small off road bike to learn the basics. You'll have to watch him though. These dang kids watch arena cross now and he'll be trying to jump the house.