an Aussie boy needs to know.

• 1 posts
    April 1, 2012 10:02 PM PDT
    okay now I have everyones attention, this aussie boy needs to know which states coming down from Pa to Fl, do i need to wear my lid. Then I wish to know which states west of Al...I'm required to....as i know up in SD and ND I don't have too. Please no wise cracks...and no lies either...I don't enjoy meeting cops when its not necessary...not that there is anything wrong with em...but those fines..lol.
  • April 1, 2012 10:51 PM PDT
    Mississippi requires helmets. Enjoy your adventure in spite of it.
    • 19049 posts
    April 1, 2012 11:19 PM PDT
    Jonsey, To answer your first question
    Lid Free...PA, DE, SC, FL All others put it on...
    for the second I know we have a listing somewhere on here. I will find it and post a link.

OK found it....

http://www.cyclefish.com/state_motorcycle_laws.php />
  • April 2, 2012 2:03 AM PDT
    you will need to wear in Virginia, North Carolina, and Georgia. Now how you getting to South Dakota?
    • 1 posts
    April 2, 2012 2:31 AM PDT
    by bike i think....last time i checked I think I bought a 1500 vulcan...
  • April 2, 2012 1:06 PM PDT
    Smart Ass Jonesy, I meant what states if ya know that then maybe I can help I think its lidless most states but there are some odd one thrown in here and there.
    • 2 posts
    April 2, 2012 1:27 PM PDT
    Check w/ Rev John but think the no helmet lay in PA applies only to PA residents & if the state you are licensed in requires a helmet you are required to wear one in PA
    I realize that for such a period you are not stopped by law enforcement this is academic.
    • 1 posts
    April 2, 2012 9:35 PM PDT
    yeah thats my fault T, I'm gulty of asking open ended questions....hahahaha
  • April 3, 2012 8:04 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Jonsey, To answer your first question
    Lid Free...PA, DE, SC, FL All others put it on...
    for the second I know we have a listing somewhere on here. I will find it and post a link.

OK found it....

http://www.cyclefish.com/state_motorcycle_laws.php />  

Fantastic Information....Thank You.....I have been looking for something like this for YEARS!!!!!
    • 5420 posts
    April 5, 2012 3:09 PM PDT
    99Savage wrote...
    Check w/ Rev John but think the no helmet lay in PA applies only to PA residents & if the state you are licensed in requires a helmet you are required to wear one in PA
    I realize that for such a period you are not stopped by law enforcement this is academic.

Yeah, the PA law is ... "Helmet optional for a person 21 years of age or older who either have been licensed to operate a motorcycle for not less than two full calendar years or have completed a motorcycle rider safety course approved by the department or the Motorcycle Safety Foundation. "

So if you're licensed out of state, you probably don't qualify.

• 2 posts
    April 5, 2012 3:54 PM PDT
    As long as you fit the PA requirements they cannot discriminate against drivers from other states. You have a motorcycle endorsement for at least 2 full years or you don't. You've completed a MSF course or not. You are over 21 or you aren't. They can't make one law for residents and another for non-residents. It would be unconstitutional.
    • 2 posts
    April 5, 2012 3:56 PM PDT
     Here's the law in black and white

www.dmv.state.pa.us/pdotforms/fact_sheets/fs-pub7206.pdf type="_moz" />