Road Names???

• 1780 posts
    December 25, 2009 3:52 AM PST
    Forgive me if this subject has been posted before, but as I look at all the different road names I just can't help but wonder how did each one come up with his/her road name. I mean some are obvious like BikerBabe, Oldcootona scoot, or RocketMan stuff like that is easy to figure, but some just blow my mind.
    Anybody willing to devulge the orgin of your road name?

The Night Dragon
    • 1161 posts
    December 25, 2009 4:05 AM PST
    Mine was from when i played (MMORPG's) Online computer games, It was a Toons Name of mine, (Ya i know geeky) LOL.
  • December 25, 2009 4:27 AM PST
    Mine is for my dogs,now just one left:-(.
  • December 25, 2009 5:25 AM PST
    I used to drive one of the many equipment trucks for rock bands on tour..we called the trucks rock boxs and my Bros' saw that as a fitting name
  • December 25, 2009 7:03 AM PST
    picked up the name off one of my paintball markers - evil minion - and just kept it seemed to fit
  • December 25, 2009 7:10 AM PST
    ex-military and family and when the time come to solider up,I solider up!
    • 5 posts
    December 25, 2009 8:34 AM PST
    mine is from my beginning in chat, I got dubbed Velvet by a friend in there who said "You are like Velvet...smooth on one side and rough on the other, depending on how you get rubbed" and having a history of enjoying Black Velvet in my earlier partying days..It just fit and stuck,
    • 19004 posts
    December 25, 2009 9:31 AM PST
    Rex the Road Dog is really the name I bestowed on my 04 Road King

Rex
    , a common name for a dog, is also latin for  king
    Dog is also a strong animal totem for me.

Road,
    well it is a
    road king.

BTW I am applying for the vanity plate 4-king. Don't think they will let me have it though.

• 910 posts
    December 25, 2009 9:44 AM PST
    AdventureGirl... I didn't consider it my road name... but I guess it could be. It was given to me by former colleagues/friends back in '06 because they learned I played as hard as I worked. We ritually enjoyed lunches together where we joked, teased, and shared weekend happenings. Every Monday the questions would be "so what did you do this weekend"... after a few Mondays of me sharing a mountain hike, kayaking trip, camping weekend, dog sledding excursion, sky diving, hang gliding, rock climbing lessons, (and on and on) they started calling me Adventure Girl...
    • 1364 posts
    December 25, 2009 10:36 AM PST
    I have had mine since high school, always living on the edge....... It has stuck wth me for one reason or another
  • December 25, 2009 12:04 PM PST
    My friends gave it to me because I know all of the backroads, I pretty much can get somewhere without the use of freeways. I love riding the backroads and I just point the bike in a direction and go. And because I am a girl on a Road King. And because I pretty much always lead the rides when all of us girls go.
  • December 26, 2009 3:12 AM PST
    Mine comes from my profession as a high school counselor. Got into that because everyone was always asking my advice. Since I love to ride and still get asked for advice . . . . . well Road Counselor (Rdcnslr) just seemed to fit.
  • December 27, 2009 11:48 PM PST
    Actually my son came up with it. After a dinner of good mexican food and beer he came to me and said 'Dad you are the fart king!'. Well the wife heard this and would not let it drop. When I started using it online I had to add the 69 (birth year) because believe it or not there are others out there!
    • 1780 posts
    December 28, 2009 1:19 AM PST
    fartking69 remind me if I ever run into you ......don't ask me to pull your finger!!!!!!!

Night Dragon
  • December 28, 2009 1:59 AM PST
    Mine comes from one of my favorite pastimes while in Vegas.
  • December 28, 2009 6:38 AM PST
    While my road name is just "Tex", I couldn't have just “Tex” on the site because it was already taken. Therefore my online road name comes from my old rodeo days... "Tex" was given to me by fellow bull rider. The number "15" is associated with the number buckles earned as a steer wrestler and the number "21" for them number of buckles earned as bull rider.

So there ya have it!!
  • December 28, 2009 7:00 AM PST
    A girlfriend gave me the nickname back when I was younger. I'll let you think about it...
    • 19004 posts
    December 28, 2009 7:01 AM PST
    Tex1521 wrote...
    While my road name is just "Tex", I couldn't have just “Tex” on the site because it was already taken. Therefore my online road name comes from my old rodeo days... "Tex" was given to me by fellow bull rider. The number "15" is associated with the number buckles earned as a steer wrestler and the number "21" for them number of buckles earned as bull rider.

So there ya have it!!

A salute to you Tex !! Anyone who rides bulls and wrestles steers automatically gets my respect!

• December 28, 2009 7:24 AM PST
    My name comes from being in the Military and training K-9's during war time. I am a loner and a non-conformist. A James Dean or Steve McQueen type of guy. I was told by two medicine men that my Spirit Animal guide was the Wolf and I was to embrace the Wolf if I was to have peace in my life. So hence the name Lone Wolf Thor.... that's my story and I'm sticking to it...... :-)
  • December 28, 2009 7:29 AM PST

• December 28, 2009 8:48 AM PST
    The "War Dept" says I'm extreme in everything I do.
    • 1780 posts
    December 28, 2009 9:12 AM PST
    OK Hambone I've throught about it.(Ha Ha)........why do you think they call me Dragon......think about that one for a bit.

Night DRAGON
  • December 28, 2009 10:56 AM PST
    i was tagged "the derelict" by the club i rode with, like the patch, i gave them back the name. a girlfriend of mine once told me i was a bad influence, kinda stuck.
  • December 29, 2009 4:30 AM PST

I

• December 29, 2009 4:50 AM PST
    got my road name, Snapshot, given to me on a run by the bro's due to my constant picture taking while rolling down the road and sitting still.