NASCAR - "Gentlemen, Start Your Engines"

• 9 posts
    February 27, 2012 8:17 AM PST
    Danica's got more than Gremlins man. Two big crashes says she's a bit green in a stock car. Even tho Formula's are 30-40mph faster, the wheel base is waaaay different. So's the handling. You can't do the same thing in a stock car that you could get away with in a Formula. I wish her a LOT of luck. I also pray the "good ole boys" are gonna play fair. There are a LOT of green-eyed monsters on that track, seeing how she was fast tracked right into the car she wanted. She's a damn good driver, but it takes more than skill, to handle the "men" tallity she's up against. And some just want her up against something. Feel me? She better have her iron panties on. In more ways than
    one.

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 1 posts
    February 27, 2012 8:53 AM PST
    Hmmm, I wonder if the starter will say "Lady's and Gentlemen start your engines". Have to wait an see.
    • 5420 posts
    February 27, 2012 9:06 AM PST
    Well I hope so, otherwise everyone starting behind Danica will run into her !!!!
    • 5420 posts
    February 27, 2012 10:04 AM PST
    Steven wrote...
    Hmmm, I wonder if the starter will say "Lady's and Gentlemen start your engines". Have to wait an see.

They actually said "Lady and Gentlemen Start Your Engine"

• February 27, 2012 10:14 AM PST
    And we're off. Go Jeff Gordon....................
    • 5420 posts
    February 27, 2012 10:22 AM PST
    Well at least they made it past the start/finish once before the first major wreck!!! Jimmy sure took a hard hit!
  • February 27, 2012 10:26 AM PST
    Way to go Elliiot, might as well win it all on the first lap.

• 5420 posts
    February 27, 2012 10:40 AM PST
    Really, you would think after 3 1/2 months and then a 36 hour delay the guy wouldn't come out and race the first lap of the season like it was a final lap!!!
  • February 27, 2012 11:22 AM PST
    ugh, "Go Daddy" needs to change its name, " Go Garage Girl.com"

oh well there's more to the season have a great one "

• 5420 posts
    February 27, 2012 11:49 AM PST
    Oh I don't think ol' Bob Parsons at Go Daddy is in the least bit concerned about winning. He sponsored the car for promotion, and I Go Daddy has certainly got plenty of exposure this week!
  • February 27, 2012 11:55 AM PST
    So much better than looking at or hearing about Earnhardt JR. Go Daddy, not sexy but pretty.
  • February 27, 2012 1:05 PM PST
    OK, just turned on the race, lap 160, who the hell hit the safety truck and set it on fire???? Are you kidding me? Was it Pablo? Thinking this race will go down in history one way or another!
  • February 27, 2012 1:13 PM PST
    After u get tires I want u to hit the jet dryer.
    Why?
    Because u hit everything else out there I want u to be perfect. "Days of Thunder"
    • 1161 posts
    February 27, 2012 1:26 PM PST
    Lmao, I wonder if the surface will still be useable to at least finish the race.
    • 5420 posts
    February 27, 2012 1:47 PM PST
    Even if he was trying to catch the pack, seems to me like Juan Pablo was going a little fast under yellow... especially if he was feeling a strange vibration in the car???

Imaging if Dave Blaney wins this thing because they can't finish after James Buescher taking the Nationwide because of the final lap crash!
    • 1161 posts
    February 27, 2012 2:04 PM PST
    I don't know unless may be if it rains while fixing the track, but he was just in the pits getting his car looked at and was being told to catch back up to the rest of the cars.
    • 658 posts
    February 27, 2012 2:42 PM PST
    They're allowed to exceed the pace speed when coming out of the pits. That's why we preach " keep your heads on a swivel and be Race Ready at ALL times". It's gonna happen, you just never know when ot to who!!!! lol
  • February 27, 2012 2:51 PM PST
    How many Nascar drivers does it take to ignite jet fuel? Only Juan.
    • 1161 posts
    February 27, 2012 3:08 PM PST
    LMFAO Brewer!!!! I'm so stealing that!
    Here we go again!
    • 658 posts
    February 27, 2012 9:36 PM PST
    Oh Damn, That's Great!!!!
  • February 27, 2012 11:56 PM PST
    It was an entertaining race - Hadn't followed them since Winston sponsored the races....back when #43 was still running in the pack and Bill Elliot and Dale Sr were rivals - Terry Labonte and M.Martin were just staring out.......Daytona is big....remember standing up on the bleacher stands the whole race....later found out the locals (like I started to do) would attend race week and then head home for that Sunday and watch the race on TV...Man, where'd the time go ?
    • 5420 posts
    February 28, 2012 2:46 AM PST
    Except for the delay, it was a great race, right down to the end. Think Junior should have jumped a little earlier and went with make it or break it! don't know why he thought Biffle would leave his team mate to pair up with him and make a run for it.

Too bad for Denny. He had a really fast car and the most laps led, but just couldn't find anyone to help him on that last lap. Everyone knows you need a friend with you on the last lap of Daytona for any chance to win.

Well, there all packed up and heading for Phoenix. I actually thought about running over there, but got a wedding to go to
  • February 28, 2012 3:02 AM PST
    delays are good for doing other things man, I don't know why he didn't jump out either, I'm guessing he thought that too last night. have a great one "T"
    • 5420 posts
    March 3, 2012 6:18 PM PST
    Into Phoenix tomorrow. A little smaller and a LOT slower than Daytona, but it should be a good race!!!

We got Mark Martin sitting up front, but I'm thinking RevBigJohn's boy Denny Hamlin has a real good chance tomorrow - starting 13th.
    • 834 posts
    March 4, 2012 3:54 AM PST
    I'm already at the track. Great PARTY going on in the parking lot and in the infield! You should have run over here Lucky.

And yes our little track is a bit slower than some of the big ones, but we are still going to have a great race. I'm with you on Denny having a good change today, he looked real good in Daytona last week!