Hi all from New York

• January 5, 2012 3:54 PM PST
     hi all , just joined this stite and wanted to say hi. , I been riding for 10 years and belong to a family riding club , iI've owned a Honda Shadow 1100 most of those years. recently as a birthday gift i was surprised with a new H-D Electra Glide Classic . I always liked the honda , wanted to go bigger and always thought of owning a Harley. i am very happy with this new bike, its an awsome machine. I really enjoy riding it every chance i get .

Thats a little somthing about me
    Thanks
    Joe P  
    • 0 posts
    January 5, 2012 5:43 PM PST
    Gday and welcome from Brisbane Australia mate..New bloke buys the first round of beers....Cheers Boof
    • 19058 posts
    January 5, 2012 8:41 PM PST
    Welcome to the best damn biker site on this here web thing.
  • January 5, 2012 11:18 PM PST
    I love your kind of Birthday Gifts, does your family need someone to adopt! Welcome from NC's Outer Banks!
  • January 5, 2012 11:32 PM PST
    Welcome from one state away in Connecticut...nice gift...enjoy!
  • January 5, 2012 11:36 PM PST
    Hey Joey, I'm in NY too ... out on Long Island - welcome to Cyclefish.
  • January 5, 2012 11:38 PM PST
    Welcome from N.Y. also going to let my family read your post to get them ready for my next birthday. Webby
  • January 5, 2012 11:41 PM PST
    Hey Joey, welcome to CF!!!
    I have a daughter and SIL which live on Manhattan! Never been up that way....hopin' to ...soon!
  • January 6, 2012 12:10 AM PST
    A Big Welcome From Iowa Joe..........
    • 1855 posts
    January 6, 2012 12:41 AM PST
    Welcome from w central Ohio

Peace
    • 63 posts
    January 6, 2012 12:52 AM PST
    Welcome, and what part of New York? I live upstate in East Syracuse, myself and always look for somewhat nearby places to visit on day trips
  • January 6, 2012 1:30 AM PST
    nemesis1 wrote...
    I love your kind of Birthday Gifts, does your family need someone to adopt! Welcome from NC's Outer Banks!

Thanks nemisis , lol i think they have enough to deal with for now but i'll let them know your availible LOL 

• January 6, 2012 1:52 AM PST
    Thank you all for the warm welcomes, I'm live in Suffolk county NY
    hey webby, you got to do a lot of wining and dining honey do lists and stuff.
    dont think this was easy LOL. oh i also got the remaining payments with that gift LOL
    but i love it so its all worth it.
    Joe
    • 3006 posts
    January 6, 2012 3:13 AM PST
    Howdy Joe,

& Welcome to the best motorcycle board on the web,from sunny San Francisco bay area,congrats on the new bike excellent choice !

Have a lot of fun breaking her in,have you decided on a name for her yet?

Former shadow rider here too,wish now that I had kept her.

Stay Safe n Enjoy the Ride !!!
    • 16849 posts
    January 6, 2012 4:59 AM PST
    Hello from the extreme northwest corner of the Keystone State
    (we are really a Commonwealth)
  • January 6, 2012 6:38 AM PST
    blurplebuzz wrote...
    Howdy Joe,

& Welcome to the best motorcycle board on the web,from sunny San Francisco bay area,congrats on the new bike excellent choice !

Have a lot of fun breaking her in,have you decided on a name for her yet?

Former shadow rider here too,wish now that I had kept her.

Stay Safe n Enjoy the Ride !!!

Hi Blur nice VTX you have , my brother rides a 1300 vtx , good bike , i hope this bike treats as well as the honda 
    i was nervious about harley , i hear a lot of war stories . thats one reason i wanted new 

• 5420 posts
    January 6, 2012 6:50 AM PST
    I wouldn't worry too much, the newer Harleys (last10+ years) are great bikes. Take care of your bike and it will take care of you. I put 150k on my 2002 Road King and never had any major repairs!

Enjoy the ridin'
    • 2 posts
    January 6, 2012 11:53 AM PST
    Finger Lakes area of NY here - Drop a PM if you are ever heading to wine country

Ride a Buell Ulysses - HD yanked the rug out from under me - Thanks Wandell
  • January 6, 2012 3:00 PM PST
    Lucky wrote...
    I wouldn't worry too much, the newer Harleys (last10+ years) are great bikes. Take care of your bike and it will take care of you. I put 150k on my 2002 Road King and never had any major repairs!

Enjoy the ridin'

Hey Lucky , wow 150k great , Thanks for the confidence in the newer bikes. I indend to do just that, I'm a machanic for a living . I hate working on my own stuff so i keep  all the family veh, maintained and ready to go.  

• 658 posts
    January 6, 2012 8:54 PM PST
    Welcome to the ride Joey from the lower half of NC! I think you'll enjoy yourself.
    Medic
    • 1 posts
    January 7, 2012 5:40 AM PST
    HI from WNY.....south of Buffalo,,,where there ain't much snow this year!!!!!
  • January 7, 2012 7:19 AM PST
    Welcome from South Dakota
  • January 7, 2012 1:33 PM PST
    Thank you all again for the warm welcomes, Its a pleasure to meet so many nice people. even though some of us are so far away , we are brought closer by the common joy of riding and the open road.
    Joe Pots
  • January 7, 2012 2:36 PM PST
    Great to have you on this forum! Welcome from the southwest of the country, northern AZ!!
    • 567 posts
    January 8, 2012 2:21 AM PST
    Greetings from the Sunshine State and welcome to CF.