NBA Basketball Starting

• 3006 posts
    April 30, 2012 4:21 AM PDT
    Seen the Oklahoma/Dallas game the other nite,what a cliffhanger !!! Sadly enough my Warriors were not any where to be found this season?? between injury and poor play calling they couldnt hold a lead if it was pinned to thier buttt !!! LOL
    • 5420 posts
    April 30, 2012 4:31 AM PDT
    OKC and Dallas was another great game. And even though out of those two I like the Mavs a little more, affraid I have to root for OKC... Just think our Lakers would have a better chance beating OKC in the next round!
    • 5420 posts
    May 7, 2012 10:24 AM PDT
    Well so much for the reigning Champs - Dallas - out in a four game sweep! But I don't feel bad, they did the same thing to the Lakers last year in the first round when we were reigning champs.

Lakers & Clippers still both looking good - GO L.A. !!!
    • 5420 posts
    May 17, 2012 12:33 PM PDT
    The Laker's looked a little better last night... but still lost. Gonna be tough coming from down 0-2

Now let's see if the Clippers can take one tonight!!!
    • 5420 posts
    May 21, 2012 3:01 AM PDT
    Well our Clippers are out of it  

I give them a lot of credit though. They took a team from someone who haven't have a chance in years, added a couple of players, groomed their rookies and made it to the second round of the playoffs!

Congratulations Clippers on a Great Season!!!

Now lets see if the Lakers can pull off a miracle and win three in a row to move on.
    • 5420 posts
    November 5, 2012 8:49 AM PST
    Anyone else here in So Cal as baffled as me with the Lakers! When I head the trades during the off season all I could think is that we would have one of the greatest teams in the NBA... so how in the hell dod we start out 0-3 for the forst time in over 30 years?!?!?!?!?! I'm thinking it may be time to find a coach who is Championship level.
  • November 5, 2012 12:16 PM PST
    Don't panic my friend I believe they need more time to gel together. Kobee needs to be patient and play like the veteran he is instead of the guy who thinks he needs to do everything for the team to win. Don't look for them to make a coaching change yet. Go lakers!! PS. Magic is the best player of all time!!!!!
    • 5420 posts
    November 6, 2012 1:03 AM PST
    Oh I'll stick behind them and watch almost every game... but they are still pi$$ing me off!

As for Brown, I just never thought he was a real championship level coach. Even with the Cavs they had to great seasons to get eliminated early in the play-offs.

He is the coach... so if the 4 (possibly 5) hall of famers they have for a starting line-up are not working well together, then it's his job to create an offense and defense plan that works with those players.

I will admit there has been a bit of sloppiness from the players too with turn-overs and LOTS of missed rebounds (we should own the boards on both ends of the floor), bit I am still more baffled the the substitutions Brown has been making and the timing of them.

From what I heard Sunday's game was better - I couldn't see it because of the blackout caused by the Time Warner / Cox deal that finally got worked out yesterday!

And you're right Terry - Magic was one of the greatest players who ever played!
    • 3006 posts
    November 7, 2012 6:24 AM PST
    Hopefully the Warriors will finally git it in gear this year.Havent caught a game except for some preseason,which dont mean doo doo.We have some players with mad skills,yet avoiding injury seems to be a #1 goal & winning the important games.
    I too was surprised by the Lakers, n expected more from them out of the gate.
    • 5420 posts
    November 7, 2012 6:38 AM PST
    I would count the Warriors out at all. For not having any household name superstars on the team they have a bunch of real consistent players. I have been really impressed with David Lee on both ends of the floor the last couple of years. They're off to a 2 and 2 start putting them at the top of the thier division. Problem is if the Lakers and Clippers get going the way they should be playing, it's a REAL tough conference to win!
  • November 9, 2012 6:33 AM PST
    Well Lucky, Mike Brown got FIRED today!!! Who is going to be the new coach?
    • 5420 posts
    November 9, 2012 6:55 AM PST
    I saw that   Never did like him anyway!!!

Looks like Assistant Coach Bernie Bickerstaff will run the team until they find a permanent replacement. 

I always wondered how that made an assistant coach feel when teams do this.  It's like "we're gonna let you run the team for a bit, but we really don't think you're capable so we're gonna keep looking for someone who is"

• 5420 posts
    November 11, 2012 2:22 AM PST
    Phil Jackson may be coming back for one more tour! He is kind of getting like the Rolling Stones... but I still think the Stones said good-bye a few more times.

I would love to see Phil back with the team we have this year! There is no doubt in my mind he would take them to a championship, or at least the finals!
  • November 12, 2012 9:26 AM PST
    Go Lakers!!
    • 5420 posts
    November 12, 2012 10:01 AM PST
    Looks like we didn't get Phil Jackson, but Mike D’Antoni instead. I know he's a good coach but then again Mike Brown was a good coach too. Just going to have to see if he is a good fit!
  • November 13, 2012 3:22 AM PST
    Hey I was wrong about the coaching change lol. I don't understand why the Lakers got D'Antoni when the coach with 11 rings was thinking about coaching again, it's a long season and I would have waited a few days. Mark my words this will come back to haunt them. Besides I'm ready for the Clippers to step up and take over the west.
    • 5420 posts
    November 13, 2012 9:35 AM PST
    I think I can live with D'Antoni. All he really needs to do is set up some resemblance of an organized offense and defense - which Brown never managed to do and we should be set. It is not like the Lakers require a lot of game time coaching.

Just can't figure why they didn't try to negotiate with Jackson???? Maybe Jimmy Buss feels threatened? I mean he's already dating his sister and if they marry old Jerry may just give the majority of the team to Phil and Jeanie when he dies :-)

I though they would have also talked to Jerry Sloan. He's out there available?
  • November 14, 2012 1:51 AM PST
    I like the Clippers front line, Blake Griffin has become one of my favorite players. I just can't see Kobee playing on a team that wants to pass the ball inside all night to Howard and Gasol. How is he going to get his 30 shots a game if Nash is feeding those two all night. Trouble in Laker town a brewing.
    • 5420 posts
    November 14, 2012 2:15 AM PST
    I think Kobe has matured a bunch over the past few years and won't have a problem with it. Actually this season he is the Laker's leader for assists and #37 in the NBA... pretty high for someone ranked 5 for all-time points. I think he is starting his career wind down and just wants another ring - no matter what it takes.

I agree with you on Blake... just love watching that guy - and I am enjoying watching him come out of his shell in interviews and ever commercials... he's becoming a funny guy. I will watch most Clippers games and root for them... except when they play the Laker's of course. They have come a LONG way and are now a force to be reckoned with! Teams used to consider a game against the Clips a day off... now you better bring your A game.
    • 844 posts
    November 14, 2012 5:23 AM PST
    Houston's in last place and Dalls is in next to last for their division

Come on Texas, lets kick some a$$
    • 5420 posts
    December 11, 2012 5:39 AM PST
    Hey the Lakers are in 3rd and only a loss or two away from being tied for last in their division. Hard to believe considering their 5 starters are all destine for the Hall of Fame. They have got to get an offensive and defensive system that works with all them super stars! and they better do it quick, Lakers management ain't real big on not making the play-offs
    • 834 posts
    December 14, 2012 9:52 AM PST
    What the hell happened to your Laker's Lucky. I know Phoenix is right behind you but we didn't spend a billion dollars in the off season buying super stars.
    • 844 posts
    December 18, 2012 7:49 AM PST
    Hey Lucky, yer Lakers are two in a row!!! Course they were two pretty bad teams - sorry
    • 844 posts
    December 24, 2012 6:58 AM PST
    Damn, what is up with the Clippers and Knicks. I think someone forgot to tell them they weren't good :-)
    • 5420 posts
    December 26, 2012 3:18 AM PST
    I am and will always be a Lakers fan, but I must say I am REALLY enjoying watching the Clippers. They are not only kicking ass, they are really entertaining to watch. Reminds me of the Showtime Lakers from the past!!!