Leader of San Jose HA shot dead

• 2 posts
    • 0 posts
    September 25, 2011 12:34 PM PDT
    Bloody waste...Our clubs down here are uniting to fight the unfair treatment of motorcyclists by the government and law enforcement....Why cant we all just get along? CHEERS BOOF
  • September 25, 2011 1:01 PM PDT
    That's the kind of thing that makes it look bad for people that ride bikes and most of all people in a club.
    • 130 posts
    September 25, 2011 3:30 PM PDT
    Patricia wrote...
    That's the kind of thing that makes it look bad for people that ride bikes and most of all people in a club.

I have to disagaree with you. A second motorcyclist was shot, Saturday, by someone in a BMW with tinted windows. 

On another news site gun owners and the NRA were the ones taking flack.

• September 25, 2011 3:37 PM PDT
    True but notice how the headline states HA and two rival clubs
    • 19034 posts
    September 26, 2011 1:52 AM PDT
    Sadly this is far too common. Also why I feel we humans, as a species, do not deserve this earth. Someday mother nature will get tired of us and do what she did to the dinosaurs.
    • 130 posts
    September 26, 2011 4:10 AM PDT
    Patricia wrote...

I think the public knows who the players are.  OL and I stayed in a red dot motel, in Arkansas, and were given an up-front discount  because "bikers are quiet and don't tear up the rooms". 

• 130 posts
    September 26, 2011 4:10 AM PDT
    Patricia wrote...

I think the public knows who the players are.  OL and I stayed in a red dot motel, in Arkansas, and were given an up-front discount  because "bikers are quiet and don't tear up the rooms". 

• 9 posts
    September 26, 2011 5:07 AM PDT
    Some Club's will always hold a bad rep. Hell's Angels and Outlaws being labeled the worst. In this case, it seems the Vegos were the aggressor's. And the police will always do what they are trained to do. The unfortunate side affect of all this, is the trickle down, to peaceable patch holders. The general public see's or reads something like this, and suddenly all bikers are wearing the same colors. But if we keep doing the things, that many of us enjoy doing, like the toy runs, or benefit poker runs, the world will see, that one bad apple doesn't necessarily spoil the whole bushel. And this isn't the "Rebel without a Cause" age anymore. Biker's today come from ALL walks of life.
    I'm real sorry Jethro got caught up in this mess. I'm saying a prayer for his family.
    Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 130 posts
    September 26, 2011 5:57 AM PDT
    Tweek wrote...

. The general public see's or reads something like this, and suddenly all bikers are wearing the same colors.  

Tweek

I guess I haven't seen or heard any evidence of this so I don't understand the paranoia. 
  • September 26, 2011 7:46 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Sadly this is far too common. Also why I feel we humans, as a species, do not deserve this earth. Someday mother nature will get tired of us and do what she did to the dinosaurs.

And The Myans.....
    • 9 posts
    September 26, 2011 8:21 AM PDT
    fiddlemike wrote...

I guess I haven't seen or heard any evidence of this so I don't understand the paranoia. 

Tweek wrote: This is a piece of an artical someone else wrote. This just shows the effect we sometimes have...
    I saw you hug your purse closer to you in the grocery store line. But you didn't see me put an extra $10.00 in the collection plate last Sunday. I saw you pull your child closer when we passed each other on the sidewalk. But you didn't see me playing Santa at the local mall. I saw you change your mind about going into the restaurant. But you didn't see me, attending a meeting to raise more money for the hurricane relief. I saw you roll up your window and shake your head when I drove by. But you didn't see me, driving behind you when you flicked your cigarette butt out the car window. I saw you frown at me when I smiled at your children. But you didn't see me when I took time off from work to run toys to the homeless. I saw you stare at my long hair. But you didn't see me and my friends cut ten inches off for Locks of Love. I saw you roll your eyes at our leather coats and gloves. But you didn't see me and my brothers donate our old coats and gloves to those that had none. I saw you look in fright at my tattoos. But you didn't see me cry as my children where born and have their name written over and in my heart.
    Paranoia?  I think not... I think a lot of us have had these experiences.  I know that I have. 
    I will also say, that I choose this lifestyle, so I will deal with the fall-out, should there be any.
    Ride Free
    Tweek
    P.S. IF you have heard the song "Turn the Page" by Bob Seger, then you know another example...

• September 26, 2011 9:52 AM PDT
    Sad news for the entire biker community! Whether we like it or not, acts of violence like this will put restrictions on all of us. Does anyone else remember how much fun and how crazy you could get at the laughlin river run before the Hells Angels vs Mongols melee back in 2001. We are going to the Vegas rally in a few weeks and I can guarantee you there will be a giant police presense and we will all be hounded everywhere we go while riding thru Vegas
  • September 26, 2011 11:44 AM PDT
    One of the things I learned, when I was doing a 1% thing many decades ago, is that when shit happens between two clubs, its best not to get involved or say anything at all. The scene between the clubs can be real sensitive to some people and you don't know what'll cause someone to go off. 
    • 1780 posts
    September 26, 2011 12:32 PM PDT
    fiddlemike wrote...
    Patricia wrote...

I have to disagaree with you. A second motorcyclist was shot, Saturday, by someone in a BMW with tinted windows. 

Well if the windows were tinted, what makes you think it wasn't a 1% Biker inside the BMW. Damn they do know how to drive cars as well. Maybe the shooter wanted the police to believe it was some high class act.

The Dragon

• 1780 posts
    September 26, 2011 12:37 PM PDT
    The problem with the general public and the emage of Bikers is the public watches to many BS Bikers movies thinking that's the way they are......Horse pucky
    Dragon
  • September 26, 2011 1:57 PM PDT
    nightdragon wrote...
    The problem with the general public and the emage of Bikers is the public watches to many BS Bikers movies thinking that's the way they are......Horse pucky
    Dragon

In my opinion, there's another side to that story.  This thread made me recall an earlier one, which I thought provided an interesting perspective on the whole thing:

http://www.cyclefish.com/forum/General/Off-Topic/Open-discussion-about-Intimidationby-Night-Dragon-68264-1.html />
    Hopefully I managed to do that right.  I think it's true that , with some help from the media, the public has constructed an image of the "bad boy biker".  I also think that some bikers like that image and cultivate it, even though they're actually good, stand-up family men (and women).  I suspect that some riders crave the appearance and attitude of a 1%er, even though they're perfectly happy living life as a 99%er.

Food for thought, anyway.

• September 26, 2011 6:25 PM PDT
    It's just the idea many people have to stereotype, although it may often be untrue or only partly true. I don't agree with some biker ways, but I like their style, and most of all love to ride my bike.
    • 3006 posts
    September 27, 2011 11:08 AM PDT
    wheels wrote...
    Sad news for the entire biker community! Whether we like it or not, acts of violence like this will put restrictions on all of us. Does anyone else remember how much fun and how crazy you could get at the laughlin river run before the Hells Angels vs Mongols melee back in 2001. We are going to the Vegas rally in a few weeks and I can guarantee you there will be a giant police presense and we will all be hounded everywhere we go while riding thru Vegas

couldnt have said it any better,the sad fact is all bikers catch flak for this sort of behavior by the 1% ers,and your right after that incident in Vegas in 01 there was definitely chilly reception when the word biker rally was mentioned for fund raising/community events for years after.
    Be carefull out there I am sure the police will be out in full force and the least sign of trouble brewing they will shut her down for good,tho I am sure the tourist dollars of any kind are sorely needed down in Vegas rite now!!! Or anywhere for that matter cept Washington..lol..;)
  • September 28, 2011 1:24 AM PDT
    So sad hate to see anyone hurt. Another sad reality is if this would have happened at a biker bar the the police and media response would be completly different
    • 1780 posts
    September 28, 2011 1:46 PM PDT
    This is just an example of how thin skined this damn world has become. Angel Eyes brings home a stuff black scare crow that was a Thanksgiving display at her store. Well some thin skined Black Person complained because he said the store was racist because of the black scrare crow. ! What's next.....what if it was a white scare crow.
    • 0 posts
    September 28, 2011 2:47 PM PDT
    Well if it was a white one mate it'd prolly have a better bloody job or no time to stand around doin sweet f@ck all all day in a feild.We have alot of black illegal immigrants here atm and it aint much being a middle aged white bloke who dont take a backwards step..We say down here only tan light hides the other ones are too thin to make a decent leather ...CHEERS BOOF
  • September 29, 2011 12:12 AM PDT
    nightdragon wrote...
    fiddlemike wrote...
    Patricia wrote...

Well if the windows were tinted, what makes you think it wasn't a 1% Biker inside the BMW. Damn they do know how to drive cars as well. Maybe the shooter wanted the police to believe it was some high class act.

The Dragon

I will NEVER piss you off Dragon....LOL....Do you have a BMW?

• September 29, 2011 2:45 AM PDT
    If a biker screws up it reflects on all bikers. If cop screws up it effects all cops. If white person calls black person a name we are all racist. Just the way the news people play it, it sells papers and gets ratings. All bikers are not bad, all cops are not bad, all whites are not racist. But to read or watch news media you would not believe it.
    • 1 posts
    September 29, 2011 5:01 AM PDT
    You know when you look at the number of killings related to "biker gangs" compared to all those by the "normal guy" next door - you know the one the neighbors say "was a nice quiet kid", I don't see what the problem is!

There are bad people in all walks of life!