PROPOSED NEW EU(European Union) REGULATIONS...PLEASE READ!!!!!!!

• 513 posts
    September 13, 2011 12:07 AM PDT

Hello folks,
    Long time no speak, been a busy boy and constantly trying to keep Rory outa trouble............and that ain't easy.

Rockerbox was asking me about the crap he heard was going on over here in the fourth reich that is more commomly known as the EU.

The following is not only a proposed infringement of our legal rights but also the first step into killing the bike lifestyle forever.
    Have a read of this because if they get this in over here then some asshole politico in the US is gonna think it is a good idea and YOU will be next!

Amendments are on the table now and being discussed, like giving an opt out for special 'one-off' builders, (but only the British and the Finns want that) and also making ABS compulsory on mopeds too (Germans want that- or rather the German ABS industry wants that). When IMCO finally vote on this (4/5 or 6th Oct) it then goes to Parliament.

As this is a 'Framework Regulation' once passed it does not have to be transposed into Law in Individual Member States, as it will happen automatically.

So, as far as the 25th September Motorway Mayhem day goes, the 10 very real European issues that we still need to draw attention to are:

1- The Anti tampering Regulation: Specifically Article 18 which wants to stop all modifications to complete power train, from airbox to controlling the rear tyre profile.

2- Compulsory ABS. If we can't stop this, we must get a switch so that we have an option in difficult conditions where ABS doesn't function well.

3- Automatic headlights on- passing the blame for poor observation on to us.

4- OBD. On Board Diagnostics so that easy roadside checks can be made of our emissions and so that constant readouts of engine performance can be obtained. Expensive, complicated and with the threat, rather like a tacho, of identifying past riding style...

5- RMI. Repair and Maintenance Information. Rather than keeping it hidden and available for huge expense, there is a chance that manufacturers will be forced to provide ECU codes etc for a fee. What that fee is remains to be seen.

6- The very worrying article 52: "If systems, components or seperate technical units on a list in a delegated act to this regulation, have a dual use, for vehicles intended exclusively for racing on roads and for vehicles intended for use on public roads, they may not be sold or offered for sale to consumers"

So if your K&N filter can fit a CBR race bike and a CBR road bike, the best way to police that, is to make it illegal to sell the filter in Europe.

The Delegated Acts are the most scarey thing, as they are the lists and details drawn up by the unelected and we won't get to see what they are including until after the Regulation has been passed!

7- In solidarity with the French we will be drawing attention to their recent gov proposal to ban all bikes over 7 years old from an urban area and to make the wearing of day-glo/ reflective clothing compulsory.

8- Full sleeve day-glo clothing for riders and passengers has been proposed in the Irish Parliament too.

9- All these issues lead to the same thing, that we must take the blame for the incompetence of other road users. And while the emergency stop has been removed as a compulsory element of the car driving test, we are jumping through hoops with ill judged UK interpretation of EU licencing directives.

10- Another EU licencing Directive is on its way (3DLD) to step the bike licencing system still further and the DfT and DSA still haven't sorted even the consultation process, even though it is meant to be in law by now and enacted January 2013.

Plans for the day (25th Sept) are that all over the country riders meet at midday in M-way services (or suitable similar if there's no motorway to hand) and at exactly 13.00 groups of riders set off to ride perfectly legally at a sedate Sunday 45/50mph on the country's motorway network. Perhaps over bridges, near the confluence of other motorways etc.

The MAG and other websites will carry details of all the meeting places.

It's the simultaneous element that carries the weight, as even 50 bikes together will cause disruption, but happening everywhere across the country will be powerful and will have the traffic alerts discussing it. They'll be primed.

Riders will disperse as rapidly as they appeared, but after riding for a few junctions at below the speed the trucks use, our impact should be felt.

No need for marshalls, no one can go the wrong way.

No hot engines, no speeches, ride as far as you wish

One media contact number

The threat that we can do it again on a different day of the week will be established.

Our MEPs will be preparing to rubber stamp another regulation put before them. This time they may stop to read it.

Now I appreciate that this may be way too many words for your available space, but anything will be appreciated. If you could let the odd '25th September' appear subliminally throughout your websites.

• 19007 posts
    September 13, 2011 12:16 AM PDT
    WOW Neil! That tag of Fourth Reich fits. Crap, that as listed is unacceptable. I hope it all works out for you folk.
    I will surely send a message to AMA letting them know of my concerns. No doubt they already know of this proposal.
    • 513 posts
    September 13, 2011 12:24 AM PDT
    Howya Rex, yep serious shit, we feel we are looking down the wrong end of double barrel shotgun!
  • September 13, 2011 12:24 AM PDT
    Thanks Dyna,that sure explains alot.Very sad indeed..I hope you and your Bros can put a stop to their crap before it can take hold
  • September 13, 2011 2:46 AM PDT
    I believe its about time to take parliment out behind the woodshed and explain a couple of things to them.!
    • 5419 posts
    September 13, 2011 3:33 AM PDT
    That's a long list. Man Ian, who did you piss off to make them spend that much time on this!
    • 3006 posts
    September 13, 2011 5:21 AM PDT
    yeah rubber stamp politico's,there seems to be a deluge of these types lately,washington is full of them along w/the state people here in Ca.Our former so called biker friendly gov signed some crappy bike laws himself,4th reich is rite,sick of these clowns taking away from common folks the rights to use their bikes w/out harrassment by big brother!!
    • 513 posts
    September 13, 2011 9:16 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    That's a long list. Man Ian, who did you piss off to make them spend that much time on this!

Must be the fact I refered to ze germans as the fourth reich  but I think the safety nazis have been cooking this up fo a while, all the time being puched by the automobile insurance lobbies. It is gone beyond a joke over here, they want us all to be the same but the same as them boring drones that don't think for ourselves or have any freedom!
    • 0 posts
    September 13, 2011 10:28 AM PDT
    Bloody hell thats just like what those do gooder bastards are trying to push down here too mate..At least yoyu mob can still associate in public places with out being arrested..We can wear colours in pubs down here now..The world is goin bloody mad..CHEERS BOOF
    • 16798 posts
    September 14, 2011 4:27 AM PDT
    I've learned long ago, it is easier to stop a law than it is to modify or get it rescinded.
    Fight hard!
    • 2 posts
    September 14, 2011 2:02 PM PDT
    Dyna;
    It's for your own good don'cha know!
    Cheeze, these folks are working night & day to help you & this is the gratitude you show.
    • 601 posts
    September 18, 2011 10:03 AM PDT
    rockerbox wrote...
    Thanks Dyna,that sure explains alot.Very sad indeed..I hope you and your Bros can put a stop to their crap before it can take hold

Germany is the dominant force in the E.U at the moment, so all their rules are coming to the front, its their plan for Europe....and to be honest they can shove it....I didn't really like their last plan, it cost the world 70 million people and introduced assembly line murder, they can introduce all the laws they like Rockerbox...most of us bikers in Ireland will ignore them anyway

• 9 posts
    September 22, 2011 3:41 PM PDT
    They may want to institute a whole truck-load of rules on all of us eventually. The thing is, how do they plan on enforcement, when all the rider's come together as a whole, and simply don't comply. Laws for our own good, are one thing, rules to make their power known, is something else altogether....
    Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 513 posts
    September 22, 2011 8:17 PM PDT
    Tweek wrote...
    They may want to institute a whole truck-load of rules on all of us eventually. The thing is, how do they plan on enforcement, when all the rider's come together as a whole, and simply don't comply. Laws for our own good, are one thing, rules to make their power known, is something else altogether....
    Ride Free
    Tweek

Funny enough it is not the law that worries me, it is if you are involved in an accident that the insurance companies will use this against you to say you bike is illegal and therefore your insurance is null and void. Also the fact that the whole idea of Europe being one political entity does not appeal to me at all, they Germans and the French like to bully other member states. The fact that they want to create a panopticon society just as Hitler did where it is based on fear and population control is just wrong.  Germany have always had ambitions to control Europe, the first two times they tried it by force and failed and now they are trying and succeeding by economic means, and it is time for it to stop.
    • 1161 posts
    September 22, 2011 9:03 PM PDT
    ok I have read this a few times and still dont know what to say this is just rediculous (or how ever it is spelled). I really hope you get to get rid of this crap!
    • 5419 posts
    September 26, 2011 5:11 AM PDT
  • September 26, 2011 8:02 AM PDT
    A sad day if this crap passes! You all are on the front lines of the fight for all bikers now! Stand strong our thoughts and hopes are w ya!
    • 513 posts
    September 27, 2011 4:15 AM PDT
    On Sunday 25th of September the bikers of Ireland and the UK took to the streets to protest and they turned out in huge numbers despite the rain.
    A large number of protest were held at different locations all over Ireland, the largest one taking place in Dublin.
    The midlands, north east and Galway protests converged on Athlone.
    The anger felt by bikers in Europe was echoed by our frustration of having to deal with idiots who makes laws in the name of road safety when they have no idea what they are talking about.
    If you look at the video, at around 0.36 seconds in are two cyclefish members  (look for the guerilla with the ape hangers)

and here are a couple of photos;
    • 19007 posts
    September 27, 2011 7:06 AM PDT
    That's the way to do it!!!
    • 1161 posts
    September 27, 2011 5:25 PM PDT
    Well done guys!!!!
  • October 1, 2011 5:30 PM PDT
    Right on man!
    • 513 posts
    October 28, 2011 4:50 AM PDT
    Ding Ding Round two

And we are off again tomorrow!

http://www.unitedbikersofireland.com/ />

On Facebook   http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=170417146377776 />

Will let you know how it goes.
    • 513 posts
    October 30, 2011 12:00 PM PDT
    Had a great day out.

Thousands of bikes despite the wet wet rain and then sun

Much thanks to the UBI for organising it and to the Mutley for coming all the way up from Cork.

Pics here by some bloke https://picasaweb.google.com/116355769655535594342/AntiEURegulationProtestMeet# />