Husbands broken heart

• MJ
    • 35 posts
    December 4, 2009 3:32 PM PST
    Just wanted to see if I can get any suggestions on how to handle a broken heart. My husband just sold his 2009 Street Glide due to unforsankin times we all are  experiencing now. I feel just aweful and guilty at the same time cuz I still have my bike.  Thanks for listening and have a good one !!!    Michelle 
    • 28 posts
    December 4, 2009 3:57 PM PST
    Michelle, that really sucks! Let him that we are all sorry to hear of his sacrifice. Life is sometimes unkind, but it only paves the road for something better. Hoping that you'll both be on the road together real soon.
    • 190 posts
    December 4, 2009 5:07 PM PST
    Sorry to hear that. Maybie by next riding season, or sometime in the near future, thing will pick up and he can get a new toy. Gotta say, you got a good man to give his bike before yours. Hope ypu both can keep your knees in the breese.
    • 83 posts
    December 5, 2009 12:25 AM PST
    Tell him to start looking for deals and once this economy gets back on track he can put another one in the garage..........
    • 19034 posts
    December 5, 2009 1:24 AM PST
    Sorry for this happening but glad to see he has the right stuff to do what has to be done. With an attitude like that he will not only recover but rise above the situation. Best of Luck, but luck is 99% hard work.
  • MJ
    • 35 posts
    December 6, 2009 1:17 AM PST
    Thanks Rex
  • g
    December 6, 2009 1:20 AM PST
    poor show ,sell ur's n get the cash n get his back ,ffs.
  • g
    December 6, 2009 1:20 AM PST
    women ??.
  • December 6, 2009 3:54 AM PST
    Life deals us many crappy hands but I believe that what doesnt kill us only makes us stronger. I take my hat off to the guy for taking care of business first and worring about trivial stuff later. You should really be extra sweet to him now, he might not show it but Im sure he is a little sick inside.
  • December 6, 2009 4:56 AM PST
    That sucks man i have had to put mine up as collateral a few times i know how hard that would be. if you good with a wrench here is a site that you can find some great deals to get and rebuild a bike. Hope it help good luck. http://www.crashedtoys.com
  • December 6, 2009 4:58 AM PST
    Sorry to hear about the times your hubby is going through. I chose to sell two bikes I didn't want too. Once when my son was born and when my daughter decide she wanted to go to college. However, you can let him ride yours when your not using it, he can ride the back of yours (lol), or you can be a heroine and ride the back of yours while he rides it. Anyway ya' look at it y'all still have at least one bike to use. Wish him luck for me and I hope he's not long without one. Be Safe and keep the faith.
  • g
    December 7, 2009 12:49 AM PST
    aye,no gid min .
    • 126 posts
    December 7, 2009 1:03 AM PST
    Sorry to hear about that. It takes a real man to stand up and do what is wright. I hope everything works out for both of you. God bless and Marry Christmas to you and your family.
  • December 7, 2009 1:48 AM PST
    MJ - you've got a good man there...I understand the times but is there any way he can start saving a little on the side for his next bike. Have a new and positivie goal to work toward might easy the pain of what he's given up for now. It will also re-enforce the fact that he will own another one in the future. Best of luck and I hope you fine value in my words.

Be safe...
  • December 7, 2009 5:55 AM PST
    Hang in there, there's always ups and downs in life.
  • g
    December 7, 2009 6:19 AM PST
    so does he make the sun lunch now ,when ur ooot for a blast ??
  • December 7, 2009 6:58 AM PST
    A couple years ago I bought my daughter a Mustang,but I could not make myself give her a car with a payment book,so I sold my FXD Superglide and paid off the car.I went for almost two years without a Harley and folks it just about drove me nuts.Last June,I said to hell with it and talked to my banker and bought my 2003 Electra Glide Standard and I'm back on the road again.It was a miserable time without my bike,but It sure felt good giving my little girl a new car.
  • g
    December 7, 2009 7:05 AM PST
    ma wee one only 11yrs auld ,so ive a few yrs to go yet ,PHEW .
    • 1780 posts
    December 10, 2009 10:48 PM PST
    First of all my hat is off to your husband for making the tuff decision he had to make, secondly my hat is off as well to you for caring enought to go on site and make the request you made. Love between couples will solve a lot of problems. Thirdly if your husband can find a way to Arlington Texas he can ride my 06 Street Glide and I will borrow a friends bike, and we will ride til butts are sore.
    Best of luck

Night Dragon
  • MJ
    • 35 posts
    December 11, 2009 3:01 AM PST
    I keep telling him we will get another bike hopefully this spring for him.. Trying to keep his hopes up.. Thats very nice you would share your bike.. Happy Holidays to you and your family....
    • 1780 posts
    December 11, 2009 6:33 AM PST
    You and your husband have a great Christmas and a safe New Year.
    Hang out with friends....that always makes me feel good.
    The Night Dragon
  • December 12, 2009 10:09 AM PST
    Michelle I feel for your husband. I struggle every payday to keep ahead of bankruptcy and having to either sell my 08' Street Glide or hide it from repossession myself. I hope things clear up quickly for ya'll and you can both keep riding together.

Rick
  • December 31, 2009 2:51 AM PST
    I hope things get better for you soon. At least you still have one ride to share. I also have my own, but if we had to sacrifice one, temporarily taking the back seat would be fine. Sounds like you have a great man, and best wishes to both of you this New Year!!
  • December 31, 2009 3:21 AM PST
    Gotta love that accent g, so Scott he even types it. Nice!

I will be honest, like many tragedies most of are just glad it's not us. It will all work out I am sure. I just am thankful my wife is a two-up lover. Before I sold or gave back my bike I would sell the house.

Good luck!
    • 190 posts
    December 31, 2009 9:11 AM PST
    damn, thats rough. I dont even have the words. damn. at least he still has a good ol'lady by his side. Bikes come and go. The wind is always gonna be here. He'll get back in the saddle again,sho'nuff