Could Use a Little Help

• July 27, 2011 3:10 AM PDT
    Could do with a little help from some experienced wrench and or well versed engineers. I am planning on moving my existing floorboards on my '05 fatboy forward by 3". Do I need to relocate my stock jiffy stand? I believe I've seen a dyna or other HD with what looks like a mid mount position. Additional note: If I don't get the comfort factor I'm looking for from my forward shifted floorboards than I will try doing without and just going to forward controls. Please help. Want to get this done before the summer is out.
    • 5420 posts
    July 27, 2011 3:33 AM PDT
    Three inches may require a little work.  I had something similar to these on my last Road King (mine were an off-brand I picked up at a vendor).  They mount under the board itself and move it forward and out...
    http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=495224&catId=218&leafCatId=21806 />
    However I found that even an inch of so forward was awkward.  As you move your feet forward the front of your foot wants to go up, and I could never put my feet forward and keep them flat on the boards.  Now I just have the extenders from SoftBrake that move the boards out wider so my ankle is not up against the primary.

You may also want to consider extended floor boards giving you all kinds of positioning for your feet...
    http://www.debrix.com/BILLET-Long-John-Dresser-Floorboards-Harley-p/27-0012-vt.htm />
    Good Luck!
  • July 27, 2011 3:47 AM PDT
    Thanks for the info Lucky. I don't expect for my feet to sit flat, I just want to be able to straighten my legs a little. As it is now, on anything moe than a 15 min. juant, my heels are the only thing touching the floorboard and they are as far forward as the stock placement will let them. The forward shifter arm and the brake pedal keep me from going to the ends.
  • July 27, 2011 4:00 AM PDT
    Did the relocators from Dennis Kirk require an extended shift stem?
    • 1 posts
    July 28, 2011 3:21 AM PDT
    I would think you would want to get a longer shift arm so that you could take advantage of moving your foot forward
  • July 28, 2011 11:51 PM PDT
    Makes sense. Now my biggest problem is jiffy stand. If I move it forward three inches, will it still support the weight of the bike? If not, what can I do to relocate it or modify it?
  • July 29, 2011 12:27 AM PDT
    I moved mine forward 1 1/2 and 1 inch out with the type of setup Lucky was ralking about and had good luck with it. Have you considered trying one of the tall mans seats. I read that they raise you up and scoot you back on the bike as much as 2 to 3 inches. Try the Harley bike fit shop at your dealer also, they might have some more ideas. good luck!