Air Horn?

• 9 posts
    June 29, 2011 6:17 AM PDT
    Just installed a "WOLO" brand Air horn on my Sporty & got to wondering if anyone has any experiance with this brand? Thing looks a bit cheesy, but it is LOUD!
    • 1 posts
    June 30, 2011 7:01 AM PDT
    Just checking out their products, looks and sounds like they have some pretty cool stuff. Which model did you get? Do you have a picture of it on the bike?
    • 567 posts
    June 30, 2011 8:54 AM PDT
    I thought about getting a WOLO but the size kinda overwhelmed me. Also, I read a couple of reviews on JC Whitney's website that weren't too favorable. A couple of reviewers said the units quit working after a couple of months.
    I ended up buying a $20 regular auto horn at Auto Zone which mounted in the exact spot my old one fit. It works just fine and today saved my butt when a guy started backing up without looking to see if there was anyone behind him. I sure am glad I didn't have the old anemic horn that Kawasaki puts on their Vulcan bikes.
    As far as I'm concerned, you don't hafta spend big money to be heard.
    • 2 posts
    June 30, 2011 1:21 PM PDT
    Any way you can use the compressor to inflate tires?

Is there a reservoir?
  • July 1, 2011 1:23 AM PDT
    I put air horns on our Honda and Yamaha bikes, the horns were $39 each. With these, you can not use them to inflate tires.
    • 844 posts
    July 1, 2011 4:22 AM PDT
    Hey Rock, does look like they have some fairly reasonable prices. I too would like to see what it looks like on the bike.
    • 9 posts
    July 1, 2011 7:46 AM PDT
    Wife has digi camera with her & she on vacation till Thursday next week. Will post picturs then. Sorry
    • 2072 posts
    July 2, 2011 1:36 AM PDT
    I have one on my Boulevard and it is LOUD !!!!!!
  • July 5, 2011 4:20 AM PDT
    I was one of those dummies that put those Howard's Hog Horns on my 94 Wide Glide and then rode across country... needless to say they ended up in pieces in my saddlebags before I made it home! I'll have to get a more compact and sturdy design next time I decide to go air horns on my scoot... maybe on my new Heritage when I get around to buying one?
    • 130 posts
    July 5, 2011 12:30 PM PDT
    Black9 wrote...
    I was one of those dummies that put those Howard's Hog Horns on my 94 Wide Glide and then rode across country... needless to say they ended up in pieces in my saddlebags before I made it home! I'll have to get a more compact and sturdy design next time I decide to go air horns on my scoot... maybe on my new Heritage when I get around to buying one?

This is a Stebel  Nautilus "Light Truck"  air horn.  It's very loud. The design is compact but the unit is pretty large for most bikes.  Stebel makes one for motorcycles that is a little smaller.

• 19034 posts
    July 6, 2011 2:54 AM PDT
    I don't know if this would fit on a bike but I would love to have one...

• 9 posts
    July 13, 2011 11:16 PM PDT
    Just so ya know, I threw the air horn in the trash. The way to mount it didn't hold up. The horn fell off twice. So I went to the NAPA store & bought a replacement horn & installed it. What do you know.... It's louder by far then the stock Harley horn....
    • 2 posts
    July 15, 2011 7:01 AM PDT
    After a person changing lanes totaly ignored the litte "beep-beep" horn then looked back to see what she had almost run over, I bought  Wolo.  That was almost five years ago.  I love it.  It is loud and small and was easy to tuck it out of sight.
  • July 16, 2011 7:26 AM PDT
    I've looked around at these air horn kits for bikes and I still think loud pipes and a well trained rider are still the best safety equipment you can put on a bike.
    • 1161 posts
    February 18, 2012 3:55 PM PST
    I have been looking for a new horn because mine on my little Honda is like hearing a cat purring near a train. My pipes are loud enough but my pipes are quiet going under 20 mph in a parking lot.
    • 823 posts
    February 20, 2012 4:20 PM PST
    The stock horn on my new wide glide rings my ears, holy crap it's loud!!!
    • 1161 posts
    April 9, 2016 7:27 AM PDT
     Here is what is on my new to me Honda.  The old one could not use it because it killed the battery to fast.