Getting old...

• 0 posts
    April 4, 2011 7:32 AM PDT
    Have you ever been guilty of looking at others your
    own age and thinking, surely i can't look that old.

Well . . . You'll love this one.

My name is susan, and i was sitting in the waiting room for my first appointment with a new dentist.

I noticed his dds diploma on the wall, which bore his
    full name. Suddenly, i remembered a tall, handsome, dark-haired boy with the same name had been in my high school class some 30-odd years ago.

Could he be the same guy that i had a secret crush on, way back then?

Upon seeing him, however, i quickly discarded any such thought.

This balding, gray-haired man with the deeply lined face was way too old to
    have been my classmate.

After he examined my teeth, i asked him if he had
    attended morgan park high school ..

'yes. Yes, i did. I'm a mustang,' he gleamed with pride..

'when did you graduate?' i asked.

He answered, 'in 1960. Why do you ask?'

'you were in my class!', i exclaimed.

He looked at me closely.

Then, that ugly,

old,

bald,

wrinkled faced,

fat-assed,

gray-haired,

decrepit

son-of-a-bitch

asked,

'what did you teach?? _______________________________
  • April 4, 2011 11:12 AM PDT
    When I got my new driver's license; I looked at the picture and thought: "Why did they put my dad's picture on my license?"
    • 567 posts
    April 4, 2011 12:40 PM PDT
    Sometimes I look at guys my age .. watch them try to move or do some work .. and think surely I'm not THAT kind of old.
    Whew!! Luckily I'm really NOT as old as they are.
  • April 4, 2011 1:41 PM PDT
    I'll know I'm OLD when I can't ride any longer! Course, then I'll just get a tryke I guess, LOL!
  • April 4, 2011 11:58 PM PDT
    A person doesn't quit riding when they get old, they get old when they quit riding.
  • April 5, 2011 11:26 AM PDT
    I've come to the conclusion that there are several of me....

The one I see in the mirror. The one I see in photos and apparently the one I see in my mind.

I personally like the one in my mind! I can't stop old, I can just try to tighten it up.....

Never give up, never give in and never quit!
  • April 5, 2011 2:43 PM PDT
    I like what my mind says - or at least the voices in my head. they may not be real, but they have some really good ideas.
    • 2072 posts
    April 5, 2011 3:40 PM PDT
    Went for a ride today with some of my buddies. We stopped at this little hole-in-the-wall place for something cold to drink. Just sitting around shooting the breeze and talking about age. Everyone was throwing in their two cents about hating getting old (I am the youngest in our group at 56). This little lady sitting near us started laughing at us...... Just how old are you guys she asked. As we gave out our ages she just continued to laugh............ "I'm 89 years old today..... Ya'll are just KIDS"!!!!!! Sure made me feel a lot younger right there on the spot !!!!!!
  • April 6, 2011 7:00 AM PDT
    sjsak1 wrote...
    I'll know I'm OLD when I can't ride any longer! Course, then I'll just get a tryke I guess, LOL!

It works for me.

• 9 posts
    April 6, 2011 8:13 AM PDT
    Several years ago I went to a reunion for the unit I served with in Vietnam. Being a bit nervous I stood around at the entrance to the hotel just people watching & not seeing anyone I knew I went in & started to regester, while signing in I looked around me & commented to the young lady,"were did all these old guys come from?"... Shee about fell out laughing & said" Look in the mirror latley?" Till that moment I truley hadn't thought of myself as old.... Now I can't shake it.....LOL
    • 58 posts
    April 7, 2011 8:18 AM PDT
    I'm not old and have proof! Popped in and had lunch with my daughter at her school today. Her friends thought I was her older brother.
    • 9 posts
    April 8, 2011 4:58 PM PDT
    You have seen my before and after the make-over pic's, yes? Nuff said.
  • April 11, 2011 1:05 AM PDT
    Don't get old....Just get better. Might be a bit slower, but always better....
    • 846 posts
    April 11, 2011 5:41 AM PDT
    I'm just tried of writing checks my body can't cash any more. When that check does get cashed it take long each time to recover from it.