The ULTIMATE Tool For Posers

• 2 posts
    February 9, 2011 12:41 AM PST
    Awhile ago the subject of kick starts came up,
    http://www.cyclefish.com/forum/Bikers039-Topics/Biker-Chat/Who-misses-the-ol-kickstarts-17325-1.html  /> The opinions feel into 3 camps.:
    1. "Goodbye & Good Riddance"  - big pain, bruised legs, . . .
    2. "Wish they still had them, then I could ignore the battery & spend my money on gas" - my opinion
    3. "They were way cool & a great way to impress the audience"

For the benefit of those of you in camp 3 - They have come up with this
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002KOHF3E/ref=asc_df_B002KOHF3E1402716/?tag=globa0a-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B002KOHF3E&linkCode=asn /> AND it is on sale - better hurry up & get one before it is gone - Only one still in stock
  • February 9, 2011 4:18 AM PST
    lol got to love it
    • 844 posts
    February 9, 2011 4:22 AM PST
    Be cool to mount it on the front fender of my truck!!!
    • 0 posts
    February 9, 2011 6:38 AM PST
    Since I broke my hip I cant kick start anything worth a shit.If i got one of these I could practise on the couch and if it starts i wont need a tv remote..
  • February 9, 2011 2:04 PM PST
    Kick starts would be cool but just as long as you could have the option of retarding the spark... full advance magnitos and kickers are just no fun, challenging yes, fun no!
    • 16837 posts
    February 9, 2011 5:49 PM PST
    Black9 wrote...
    Kick starts would be cool but just as long as you could have the option of retarding the spark... full advance magnitos and kickers are just no fun, challenging yes, fun no!

Or relieving compression. ;-)

• 19046 posts
    February 9, 2011 10:55 PM PST
    The last kicker I had was my 73 Bonnie. I miss the bike but not the kicker. If it was 30 or below she refused to start but if 31 she would light almost always on the first kick.
    I once saw a 'fake' kicker option available for Harley Big Twins. Didn't work, just for the look. How freakin stupid was that?
  • February 10, 2011 1:53 AM PST
    For old school Kickers-- Dennis Kirk has real kicker kits for the 5 and 6 speed tranies. Would rather have a working one than a fake add-on. I like the Button best. Last kicker was a Suzuki 400 single 2 cycle off road dirt butt killer..
    • 16837 posts
    February 10, 2011 6:37 AM PST
    My cousin needed some cash so I bought his 1973 Harley Davidson 350 Sprint made by Harley-Davidson / Aermacchi in Italy. This is the first time I needed metric tools, and the kick starter was on the left side. I couldn't get used to kicking with my left foot and I had to stand on the ground and kick it with my right foot.
    I guess it was a street / trail bike, wasn't much good at either. I was glad I had my WLA at the time. :-)

I put a photo of one in my "old bikes" foto album for reference.
  • February 15, 2011 1:51 AM PST
    The bike I’m riding now is a kick. And a POS it’s a Kavir 125cc from Japan. Only thing I could find in Afghanistan. And only $600.00 new.