snowstorms

• 9 posts
    February 6, 2011 3:50 AM PST
    Yeaaaaaaah. See, this is why I moved to South. Hell, I freeze now if it dips much below 40. I guess I'm acclimated now. I surely do not miss that mess....hang in there guys, Puxatony Phil didn't see his shadow this year.
    Ride Free
    Tweek
  • February 7, 2011 3:37 AM PST
    For those that have never known the life of the snows, your best friend is a shovel with a straight edge and a large capacity. A number 2 spade and a garden hoe are not proper tools and in Dallas they don't sell snow shovels. Grain scoops cost a fortune for twice a year. Maybe i will have to order one from ? ? ? ----... 1-2 inches of snow comming in Tuesday night and Wednesday. May wait till Friday when they say it will be near 60..
    • 846 posts
    February 7, 2011 7:25 AM PST
    This weekend consisted of Shoveling 2-3 feet of snow off the roof before the evening rains. The ice damming got so bad that the roof heaters I have to prevent this could keep up. The driveway has 6ft snow bank about 4-5 ft thick. The rest of the weekend was spent recovering from shoveling the roof. The heaters start doing their job as soon as it got to a manageable level. The pay off this morning one corner of the roof had excess heater wire. Which the one icicle I couldn’t bring down brought down this morning now I have 15ft of wire hang down from the corner of the house. Once more I venture up on the roof. I’m pushing my luck on not falling off the roof. One of these times it’s bound to happen. When is Spring?
    • 0 posts
    February 7, 2011 7:32 AM PST
    When I lived in Upstate NY it seemed like all I did was shovel snow rake the bloody roof and split firewood..When i came back down here I had muscles in my shit..If nothing else its a bloody good work out..CHEERS BOOF
    • 846 posts
    February 8, 2011 12:36 AM PST
    Boof your right there, its been a workout this winter. Below is a photo of the front pathway to the house. Needless to say there is no path to the back door as there's nothing doing in the back yard now.