Street Glide FLHX

• January 29, 2011 4:26 PM PST
    Member of HOG Orange County Chapter 322
  • RT
    January 29, 2011 9:51 PM PST
    Is it true black bikes go faster? Nice lookin Street Glide. What kind of pipes are those.

RT

• 5420 posts
    January 30, 2011 4:52 AM PST
    Yes, black is the fastest color! But I bought a black Harley so it would be easy to find at rallies!
    • 9 posts
    January 30, 2011 5:15 AM PST
    Wow, really nice Lucky. I love the sleekness of the profile. I've been lookin' at the Dark Custom. Have you seen those, and what did ya think of 'em. As much as I love riding "baggers", I'm just more comfortable on a lower profile. Have a blast and Ride Free
    Tweek
  • January 30, 2011 12:22 PM PST
    I bought the same bike and because they only painted the 2008 streetglides Denim Blue it is easy to find amongst all the black shiny bikes! Not sure why Harley chose to only paint this model one year but i love it and thats all that matters to me. Hey maybe it will be worth a ton of money one day because it is rare! and i can trade it in for two black ones.
  • January 31, 2011 1:40 PM PST
    Lucky wrote...
    Yes, black is the fastest color! But I bought a black Harley so it would be easy to find at rallies!

That's how people find me.

I just tell 'em "Look for the old fart with the beard on the black FLHX."

Works every time.

• January 31, 2011 1:42 PM PST
    Tweek wrote...
    Wow, really nice Lucky. I love the sleekness of the profile. I've been lookin' at the Dark Custom. Have you seen those, and what did ya think of 'em. As much as I love riding "baggers", I'm just more comfortable on a lower profile. Have a blast and Ride Free
    Tweek

I was really tempted by rhe Fat Boy Low.

It just felt good.

The Street Glide was a better fit for highway riding, though.