Things Drivers Do That Pi$$ Me Off

• 844 posts
    January 6, 2011 3:48 AM PST
    Had a bad ride to work today, got cut off twice, and then couldn't get through the grocery store parking lot because someone decide to stop in the road to pick someone up - and load all their groceries.  So I started thinking about all the stupid things that drivers do that pi$$ me off...

In no particular order of importance (except for the first one)...
    • Talking on the phone or texting while driving
    • Doing anything else that takes your attention from the road (maps, shaving, make-up, etc) Pull Over and Do IT!!!
    • People that stop to pick up passengers in a traffic lane (this includes parking lots)
    • Driving 10 miles an hour under the speed limit because there is a police officer in sight - I really wish they would start ticketing these people for obstructiong traffic
    • Not leaving enough room on the right (when available) for a person to make a right turn on red
    • Riding with your blinker on - I am normally a curtious driver so if I see a blinker I try to let the person over, so when they don't move over it pi$$es me off
    • Tailgaters - I HATE friggin tailgaters!  There is no way they could not hit me if I had to make an emergency stop
    • People that honk their horn to say "Hi" to a group of bikers.  I appreciate them recognizing us enjoying the freedom of the ride as a group, but just wave - the horn always scares the hell out of me.

Ok, that's it for now, but I am sure I will remember some more...probably on my ride home!
  • January 6, 2011 4:30 AM PST
    All that is mentioned above plus flicking cig butts out the cage window.
    • 9 posts
    January 6, 2011 5:53 AM PST
    RED LIGHT RUNNERS...they are what scares me the mostest! And here in Jacksonville, everyone seems to think it's no big deal. I can't tell you the number of times I had to flintstone stop, or be killed. They are starting to install redlight cameras at the worst intersections in town, but if you ask me, every damn light in this town needs them. But I really don't think even that, is gonna be enuf of a deterrent! When you can count more than 5 cars, running a red litght, it's time to rethink just how soon you want to start YOUR acceleration on a "green" light! Be careful out there, ya'll. RIDE FREE-STAY ALIVE
    Tweek
    • 0 posts
    January 6, 2011 6:06 AM PST
    When the arseholes race up to a giveway sign and slam on the brakes...I dunno if their gonna friggin stop or not..Once through a car window is once to many for me.......CHEERS BOOF
  • g
    January 6, 2011 6:12 AM PST
    just cars on the road pisses me awf .
  • g
    January 6, 2011 6:13 AM PST
    think they should make sundays no car day .BIG FINE IF U DRIVE YOUR CAR ON A SUNDAY .
    • 58 posts
    January 6, 2011 6:18 AM PST
    Caught a Butt on the zipper of my jacket a while back. Kindly returned it to the Mercedes driver what lost it!
  • January 6, 2011 6:51 AM PST
    A warning to all who ride!!! My town of Escondido Ca. is the worst for red light runners in the US. Its a joke, we have almost been run over several times riding thru town. We just ride around the back of the town when we come or go now. Be careful when you come out to visit California, everyone is in a hurry and no one pays attention to their driving. Drivers in the Sprint Cup series allow more room between cars and will let you over better. Remember the golden rule: Dont ever let the person driving the CAR dictate your safety on your bike, they will let you down every time.
    • 1516 posts
    January 6, 2011 7:04 AM PST
    I hate when people stop to wait for someone else to back out of a parking spot just to get a couple spots closer to the door. They will stay and remain waiting even when multiple other cars are stuck behind them. Mostly happens at Christmas time!
    My other gripe: when people push their way through traffic at the cost of everyone else who is trying to get through.
    • 846 posts
    January 6, 2011 8:07 AM PST
    The most frustrating is the unaware drive either in a SUV (sorry but we have a saying “True shouldn’t hurt unless it ought to”) or a Minivan when distracted with the cell phone. My main reason for loud pipes.
    The no clue driver on the highway that comes over two or three lanes to force you off the road. Specially if I’ve been in that lane for a while. Then they give you the “what” look when you get pissed off. Again my main reason for loud pipes.
    Last the dumped coffee in the intersection or being dumped out the window. There nothing like old coffee all over you or your bike (only second to the flying cigarette butt).
    I better stop now I feel my blood pressure starting upward.
    • 212 posts
    January 6, 2011 12:31 PM PST
    In Oklahoma they are always working on the highways,the people who wait until the last minute to merge over in the other lane, even though the signs have been up for the last 2 miles.I will never let you over!!!!!
  • January 6, 2011 1:38 PM PST
     All overly cautious, overly courteous drivers who should take their turn to go, and then get up to speed. These scared-stiff "nice people" basically screw everything up because they don't have the common sense needed to drive an automobile of any kind.  

Most of these drivers seem to be Asian women who live in Orange County.  I'm not a racist, I'm just calling like I see'm.  (I know what I'm talking about.  I'm married to a Chinese woman from Singapore, and she complains about them too!  My ol' lade is a great driver.)  Where do these people come from?  

Maybe Taiwan.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b6l6wZrxpw  ;(Asian guy talking about slow drivers in Taiwan while riding a motorcycle there - second half of video.)  
    • 190 posts
    January 6, 2011 3:42 PM PST
    People in a hurry who think there needs override everyone elses.
    Example: I was on a group ride with about 9 other bikes riding two bikes in the lane, behind the leader. We pulled up and stopped at a light in the left turn lane. A small suv flys around and stops in the far right lane (saw hazards on, but expected her to turn right or go straight). She turns left when the light turned green, almost ran over the two bikes ahead of me, I had to move out of the way to avoid hitting the other bikes getting away from her. I was like WTF and flew the single finger salute till I couldnt see her any more.
  • January 7, 2011 1:00 AM PST
    debrajo62 wrote...
    I hate when people stop to wait for someone else to back out of a parking spot just to get a couple spots closer to the door. They will stay and remain waiting even when multiple other cars are stuck behind them. Mostly happens at Christmas time!
    My other gripe: when people push their way through traffic at the cost of everyone else who is trying to get through.

Especially when they stop and wait about 3 feet back so the driver that's leaving has to have a flagging crew and take ten runs at it to get out of their spot without hitting the lazy bastard who just wants to park 3 steps from the front door to Costco. DUDE! You are going to walk 3 miles in the store, walk an extra twn feet and let the rest of us poor bastars go home!
  • January 7, 2011 1:03 AM PST
    Its a fact that ALL collisions are caused by women. A certain percentage are behind the wheel of the vehicle at fault, and the rest of the collisions...

Either the driver is going to get something for a woman, distracted by a woman, or getting away from a woman.
    Thence, ALL of them are caused by women...
    • 1364 posts
    January 7, 2011 1:47 AM PST
    I really don't care for the cage drivers that are under the speed limit on a two laner and you go to pass them and they speed up. I figured they just wanted to hear my Thunder headers or they were just A$$holes
  • January 7, 2011 1:56 AM PST
    All the above, but mainly the simple fact that they Don't bother to look for riders, or worse, don't care to.
    • 19040 posts
    January 7, 2011 2:39 AM PST
    Pretty much all of the above and no doubt a few not mentioned so far. The lyrics of this song have pretty much become my policy. Watch out for them but don't waste any energy on them.

• January 7, 2011 5:22 AM PST
    When Im on my bike it would have to be the tailgaiter, Some friends carry dishwashing liquid/water/oil in balloons, or nuts and bolts in their pockets. Never tried it but.....
    In my cage the person that likes to take a slow drive to look around and weave all over the road. pull over and let someone else drive!
  • January 7, 2011 7:25 AM PST
    I hate drivers who can't decide what lane they want to be in or for that matter what speed they want to drive, Very irritating.
    • 1 posts
    January 7, 2011 7:31 AM PST
    you know what pisses me off the most? Sitting behind a knuckle head driver trying make a left turn and he/she is waiting on a vehicle coming from a 1/4 mile away. Or better yet for all though who are not smart enough to merge onto the interstate and has to come to a complete stop; go immediately to your nearest DMV and turn in your license. You all have a pleasant day and drive safe. :0)
  • January 7, 2011 8:40 AM PST
    What burns my shorts is when, after being cut-off, left turned on or squeezed out of a lane, you make eye contact and then get the silent mouthing of       " I'm sooo sorry " Forget that ! Sorry gets us hurt or dead ! Don't be sorry. Be aware.
    • 58 posts
    January 8, 2011 2:40 AM PST
    Rode home from Fort Worth yesterday and was cut off not once but twice, by the same LEO! Once from either side. And before you ask, his lights were not on!
  • January 8, 2011 3:08 AM PST
    I hate drivers that don't use their turning signals. It's if I can read their mines on where they are going. Even the cops are bad about it around here. Signals are to be used for turns, lane changes, and merging. It's really not that hard to do.
  • January 8, 2011 4:42 AM PST
    Chaz wrote...
    The most frustrating is the unaware drive either in a SUV (sorry but we have a saying “True shouldn’t hurt unless it ought to&rdquoor a Minivan when distracted with the cell phone. My main reason for loud pipes.
    The no clue driver on the highway that comes over two or three lanes to force you off the road. Specially if I’ve been in that lane for a while. Then they give you the “what” look when you get pissed off. Again my main reason for loud pipes.
    Last the dumped coffee in the intersection or being dumped out the window. There nothing like old coffee all over you or your bike (only second to the flying cigarette butt).
    I better stop now I feel my blood pressure starting upward.

Lets not forget the ones that wait until you get behind them on your bike and decide to wash their windshield.  Thats always fun!