My Project is Finished!!!

• 223 posts
    January 2, 2011 7:19 AM PST
    Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I'm extremely excited!!!  I've been toying with the idea of a book for years, since I was a kid really.  For the last thirty years I've written down everything that's happened in my life.  Although most of it was destroyed by one means or another, I'm one of those people who can "shelve" what I write in the back of my head until I need it again.

After much pushing, prodding, and encouragement from my husband Ron and ex-husband Edmond, I finally put together a collection of those thoughts, along with rants, some theology, lyrics, and poems into a compilation that I'm hoping to publish very soon!  I'm doing the self-publishing thing because to get with a "real" publisher, you pretty much have to have an agent, which I don't, plus this way I can control a little more how things are done.  I retain the rights to the book and photos I've used so if I decide to use a bigger publisher later on, it's up to me.

The book is called, "Coloring Chloe..." as I've used the name Chloe Z. Fox for years.  When I asked my Mama what she would have named me had she been able to keep me, she said either Chloe or Zoe, so Chloe Z. Fox became my alter ego!

So anyway, that's what I'm all excited about!!!

• 567 posts
    January 2, 2011 7:48 AM PST
    Sounds like a really cool accomplishment. I hope your book is successful.
    You never know. There is the old saying "from little acorns, the might oak grows." Maybe this book will launch a new career ... or, at least, an additional chapter in your life.
    Whatever happens .. I wish you all the best with it. 
  • January 2, 2011 7:58 AM PST
    Ditto SolarBill. Kool.... Looking forward to a new read. Best to you sister
  • January 2, 2011 8:01 AM PST
    let us know when it gets published i would like to read it. Wish all the best of luck with it sounds very promising
    • 1516 posts
    January 2, 2011 8:25 AM PST
    So what publisher are you going with? I have a little experience with publishers and know that if you have particulars with your book, size paper quality, all that stuff, you have to be very specific. They will okie doke you all the way until the last minute, then tell you they can't do whatever. Also, they run specials. They offer half price publishing so be sure to get the best price you can.

Good luck, I can't wait to read your book.
    • 223 posts
    January 2, 2011 8:26 AM PST
    Thank you all!!!  It should be available in a couple of days, I finally got the formatting down and was able to submit it!! I'm EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm not really concerned with whether or not it sells, it's the fact that I finally did it!!!  For me, it's a major accomplishment and something that's been a lifetime in the making and has helped me heal a LOT from the past.

• January 2, 2011 8:44 AM PST
    Good Luck I will be watching for your book. Webby
    • 1780 posts
    January 2, 2011 9:34 AM PST
    I take my hat off to you. There are people all over the world that would like to do something like this, but are afraid of out and out failure. I wish you the best on your book, and let the CF family know when and where we can purchase a copy.
    Kudo's to you for following your dream
    Dragon
  • January 2, 2011 9:41 AM PST
    Congratulations! I know what a project it is to publish a book, I've published a couple myself.

I recommend Dan Poynter's book, http://www.amazon.com/Dan-Poynters-Self-Publishing-Manual-16th/dp/1568601425. Writing the book is the easiest part (kind of like making a baby) now the real work starts. I'm sure it will be a fabulous growth experience.
    • 9 posts
    January 2, 2011 11:37 AM PST
    Wow, I'm so excited for you! I too, love to write, so I fully understand the "whys". If writing is as cathartic to you as it is to me, then this book will be your crowning achievement. I will pray that you have much success, but I have a feeling, that you have an audience right here on cyclefish. And from there, word of mouth will do the rest. I look forward to reading your work, very much. Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 223 posts
    January 2, 2011 12:20 PM PST
    It's published and ready!!  YAY!!!!

Coloring Chloe...
  • January 2, 2011 12:48 PM PST
    Thats awesome!
  • January 2, 2011 1:05 PM PST
    Cool!!! Way to go!!!!!!
    • 19007 posts
    January 3, 2011 2:33 AM PST
    SO where can we see it?????
  • January 3, 2011 2:45 AM PST
    razncain wrote...
    It's published and ready!!  YAY!!!!

Coloring Chloe...
    I found the link above
  • January 3, 2011 12:15 PM PST
    Is your book going to be down loadable on a Kindel? I do love my Kindel and the book I can get to read on it. So I hope your will be available on Kindel. Congratz on you being published. What a great accomplishment.
  • January 3, 2011 12:43 PM PST
    Congrats Beki on being a Published Author!!!! That sounds so cool! were all really proud of you. Nice Job sister!!!!
    • 223 posts
    January 3, 2011 3:47 PM PST
    Suzithetailor wrote...
    Is your book going to be down loadable on a Kindel? I do love my Kindel and the book I can get to read on it. So I hope your will be available on Kindel. Congratz on you being published. What a great accomplishment.

I'm not sure how I go about doing that, but I'll definitely check into it!!

Thanks so much everyone, it's been a blast and I just finished my second book, it's a small collection of short stories!  I could get used to this, but don't think I'll quit my day job just yet, lol!

• 1780 posts
    January 3, 2011 11:19 PM PST
    Great works come from great minds.....can't wait to take a look at it.
    • 2 posts
    January 4, 2011 1:37 AM PST
    Well done.

Am a tad jealous, long wanted to put together my own tome, nothing autobiographical, just the technology I have been around that is long gone - blast furnaces, steam powered ferries, threshing crews, analog computers, . . . . Congratulations again
    • 223 posts
    March 1, 2011 12:31 PM PST
    I'm TREMENDOUSLY excited!!!  My first book of a series, The Modern Magdalene Part One:  The Assembly, was just listed by my publisher today on the Ebay bookstore!!!  It hasn't  made it to Amazon.com or Barnes and Nobel yet, but I can't wait!!!  Part Two should be there soon and it's already available through the publisher. 

Happy dance, happy dance, happy dance!!!!

• 58 posts
    March 1, 2011 2:54 PM PST
    Cool Beans!!!
    • 1780 posts
    March 1, 2011 10:15 PM PST
    Living a dream......what more can one ask for.....Congrats