Looking to add drving lights to my Low Rider

• December 28, 2010 4:18 AM PST
    I have a detachable windshield on my bike and I'm having a hard time finding a light bar that will accommodate a fit.  I find myself using my husbands lights ahead of me because riding with my headlight is like walking with a flashlight.  My friend has suggested adding driving lights to my crash bars but after researching and reading the forums I'm not sure that's what I want and would perform like I need for night riding.

It seems we always come home after the sun goes down.  Not so bad on the straight roads but on the mountian roads it gets a little dark around the corners.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

RaceAngel
    • 19046 posts
    December 28, 2010 6:56 AM PST
    That narrow glide front end will make it difficult to find a bar and lights. I did a quick look on Kuryaken's site and here is the result. Wish I had more to offer...

http://motorcycle-accessories.cruisercustomizing.com/search?model=Dyna+Glide&username=&w=driving+lights&model_id=91&search2=Go />
    I would suggest adding a hi wattage replacement headlight too. I run a 100/80W instead of the stock 65/55W bulb.
  • December 28, 2010 9:50 AM PST
    • 2 posts
    December 29, 2010 9:55 AM PST
    Your team should be able to fab some bracets to add some Wally-World lights - WAY cheaper than the clearwaterlights above
  • January 3, 2011 5:02 AM PST
    I will ask my fabricator if he can make me a custom bar to accomodate some lights.
    • 0 posts
    January 3, 2011 6:17 AM PST
    If you are going to be riding with other bikes with these lights make sure they are an aimed light (Cover over the bulb) if you can look through the lens and see the actual bulb it will be a shotgun style light and it will be too bright to have on around other riders
  • January 3, 2011 7:04 AM PST
    You might try.....www.electricalconnection.com
    • 58 posts
    January 3, 2011 2:07 PM PST
    RaceAngel wrote...
    I have a detachable windshield on my bike and I'm having a hard time finding a light bar that will accommodate a fit.  I find myself using my husbands lights ahead of me because riding with my headlight is like walking with a flashlight.  My friend has suggested adding driving lights to my crash bars but after researching and reading the forums I'm not sure that's what I want and would perform like I need for night riding.

It seems we always come home after the sun goes down.  Not so bad on the straight roads but on the mountian roads it gets a little dark around the corners.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

RaceAngel

RA, check out my bike pics, especially the one with my son's Intruder.  He mounted WalMart specials to his turn signals.  Total cost was about $20.00.