The Good Old Days of the 70s

• 580 posts
    December 28, 2010 9:14 PM PST
    hypno wrote...
    Oh yeah - but back then... Us 50-65 year olds were in our teens and twenties and we definitely knew how to make the best of what we had -and- how to PARTY!

Glam Rock, Bay City Rollers, Elton John and Status Quo over here in England!   No bike for me (not allowed nor could we afford) but had the gear inc 2 BSA jackets.  At 16 you could just walk into a showroom and buy a 250cc bike and ride it out same day - no training required (thank goodness they can't do that now).

Thanks for bringing back the memories Hypno

Hugs (o:
  • December 29, 2010 3:18 PM PST
     Glad to bring back some memories!
    Oh yeah, styling for my High School graduation photo in '73!
    Here I am styling for my HS graduation photo in '73.

8 months later I was off to the USAF and all that hair was GONE!  

But its all back now (and more).  Life IS good!
    • 9 posts
    December 29, 2010 9:03 PM PST
    For my graduation present in 1976, my daddy bought me a '73 basket case sporty. One helluva lot of electrical tape, and extra wire hangin' everywhere. Plus she loved to "mark her spot". I swear I went thru a quart of oil a week. Oh well, she could've been solid rust, and I still would've loved her. That, and being literally, the only "chick" on a Harley for about 20 square miles. Yeah, I milked the hell outta that...Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 9 posts
    December 29, 2010 9:05 PM PST
    hypno wrote...
     Glad to bring back some memories!
    Oh yeah, styling for my High School graduation photo in '73!
    Here I am styling for my HS graduation photo in '73.

8 months later I was off to the USAF and all that hair was GONE!  

Hypno, You wouldn't believe how much you look like my brother in that pic...scary! But fun. Tweek

But its all back now (and more).  Life IS good!

• 9 posts
    December 29, 2010 9:12 PM PST
    RufCut wrote...
    And the parties don't seem to last quite as long....

And don't get me started on other things that don't seem to last as "long"...! (and that isn't just a reference to the men).

But hey, we ain't dead yet. Personally, I try to make the most outta whatever age I happen to be! I don't feel 51, and some say that I don't look it, either. I can work with that...Ride Free     Tweek

• 1516 posts
    December 30, 2010 2:56 AM PST
    OMG Hypno, besides taming the locks, you have not changed much!
  • December 30, 2010 12:35 PM PST
    Tweek, that brother of yours, he must be a really lovable guy like me then

DebraJo26, Yeah it looks like one of those "before and after" photos! The road has been good to me (and my lady, she's good for me too). It all works together to keep ya from getting too whacked out of shape.

Thanks for the good vibes you two.
    • 1066 posts
    December 30, 2010 3:12 PM PST
    What a "Blast From The Past". Thanks Hypno, especially the " Jungle Jim & Jungle Pam " clips. JJ was a wild man in those ol' Chevy's, and JP was just plain wild.
  • December 31, 2010 12:26 AM PST
    with me bein born in 70 my sister got to enjoy all the partying of the 70's. but i got to spend the 70's on lakes, rivers and streams being taught how to fish by my dad. but the 80's on the other hand was very very enjoyable well atleast the parts of it i can remember lol. Gr8 site thanks for sharing that and i do remember some of it like the choppers and such thats when i got my interest in bikes