2006 FLHTCUSE Grips

• 76 posts
    December 7, 2010 10:23 AM PST
    Wondering if anyone had any suggestions....we have (had) heated grips on our bike and now they're not working.  Just in time for the cold weather of course!!!  Connections are good and there's power to it.  Can the dial switch be fixed or does anyone have any other thoughts?  Thanks!
    • 1 posts
    December 8, 2010 12:45 AM PST
    Hi Kellie, quick question...when you say their is power to it, do you mean there is power coming into the switch, or power at the actual heater at the grip?
    • 76 posts
    December 8, 2010 1:18 AM PST
    Just called my husband and he said there's power at the connection coming out of the fairing; he said it's connection 189 in the service manual for the wire schematic. Does that help? Thanks for your reply
    • 1 posts
    December 8, 2010 3:51 AM PST
    I am assuming both grips are not working which would point to the switch. If it is the style with the numbered dial on the end of the grip, there is a good chance you will have to replace it.
    • 76 posts
    December 9, 2010 1:53 AM PST
    Your assumption is correct and it is the style with the numbered dial on the end. That's what we were afraid of...bummer! But thanks for your help!!
    • 5420 posts
    December 11, 2010 1:39 AM PST
    Well I say if you're gonna have to replace it anyway, it's worth the attempt to take it apart and see if you can fix it.
    • 9 posts
    December 11, 2010 1:53 AM PST
    Or ya could do like I did..... Just give up & move to Fla....