RIVCO Motorcycle Flag Mount

• November 18, 2010 10:41 AM PST
    Anybody using a RIVCO PF1000 flag mount on your E-glide?  I ordered one of these the other day, but can't find poles that will fit snugly in the holders.  I wanted to use PVC because it's easy to get and pretty strong, but none will fit right.  Maybe I could use wedges to keep them secure, but I thought since RIVCO says many people use this mount, I'd check and see.....What are you using for poles in your PF1000 flag mounts??
    • 58 posts
    November 18, 2010 10:41 AM PST
    I don't. I use a 4' fiberglass CB ant on a 6" extension and standard CB ant mount. With a lanyard at halfmast my 3'X5' flies pretty well at up to 75MPH (fastest I've gone with it). Normally only fly colors around town. If I had paid cash, cost was $30.00 plus flag. Check it out in my pics. My son has same setup with 10" extension.
    • 0 posts
    November 18, 2010 10:42 AM PST
    I prefer rumbling pride
    http://www.rumblingpride.com/ />
    • 5420 posts
    November 18, 2010 10:43 AM PST
    Hey fritzhog, I was just looking at the RIVCO flag pole holder and it looks like it has a fairly large socket (up to 1 1/4" pole). what it you put your PVC pipe in the socket and then drilled a hole staight through the mount socket and PVC. You could then use a chrome screw and wing nut to secure it in place.

Just a thought.
    • 58 posts
    November 18, 2010 10:45 AM PST
    Believe it or not, I can fly 2 and hardly know they are there.  The flexible whip absorbs all the energy of the flag whipping about.  Here is a pic: