Harley Davidson may be halting production on a few models...

• February 24, 2010 10:45 AM PST
    Geez Hoss, that sucks for y'all. Right before my "fakation" started we had a guy from Australia come over here and buy an amazing beautiful Road King and then he was just going to travel the East Coast a bit before heading home. I didn't realize it was because you can't get them there, can't you place oreders, granted you'll have to wait and all, but the HD dealers here may pick a few to add to thier shipments...
    Interesting stuff, huh Dyna?

Stephanie about ordering new models. They are already taking orders for 2011 Sportster and Dyna as of the beginning of Feb! Thats at  my local dealer. Every sporty they uncrate in August is sold! The order for Dynas was beginning Feb over a dozen and climbing.
    Not changing the subject but love the tatt you have!!!!!!
  • February 24, 2010 10:55 AM PST

all businesses are suffering and our "CHANGE" isn't helping any. As far as pricing for Harleys, they are too high. Some say that they don't want to see prices go up cause "anyone" can buy one??? Most motorcycle accidents on Harley's are caused by the yuppie with a new tattoo, that is too concerned about how cool he thinks he looks, rather than paying attention to riders. The average blue collar working man that kept Harley going through the AMF years has been totally forgotten and ignored by the marketing dept of HD. I think that's sad.
  • February 24, 2010 11:03 AM PST
    I LOVE MY SPORTSTER,...and as stated,..I am doing the "making it mine" process as we speak,..it will be like no other,...which I feel great about. Never have been a fan of having what everyone else had. Starting with paint,...and rolling with the changes from there. Love em all,..I feel blessed to be able to ride a H-D.
  • February 24, 2010 11:25 AM PST
    I LOVE MY SPORTSTER,...and as stated,..I am doing the "making it mine" process as we speak,..it will be like no other,...which I feel great about. Never have been a fan of having what everyone else had. Starting with paint,...and rolling with the changes from there. Love em all,..I feel blessed to be able to ride a H-D.

No 2 Harleys are ever the same. Dress the Sportster to kill. make it look that cool that people wrench their necks as it goes by.
  • February 24, 2010 1:14 PM PST
    Controling production in a down turn economy is very improtant! I have been on a H-D since 1974! I do believe that we need more younger people buying our product and I don't know that the VRod is the answer. H-D has grown in the market sales rather than the meteric bikes due to good management. Keep riding those H-Ds and keep the American spirit alive!! I also depend on this company for my living!
  • February 24, 2010 1:14 PM PST
    Controling production in a down turn economy is very improtant! I have been on a H-D since 1974! I do believe that we need more younger people buying our product and I don't know that the VRod is the answer. H-D has grown in the market sales rather than the meteric bikes due to good management. Keep riding those H-Ds and keep the American spirit alive!! I also depend on this company for my living!
  • February 24, 2010 1:21 PM PST
    One nice thing is that if you currently own a Harley, if they quit making them all together, you would be able to ride yours for the rest of your life!
  • February 24, 2010 1:36 PM PST
    Hoghaven, I agree with ya. Harley is not like it used to be. Nothing is, I know. When the boutique became the norm, you could see a difference in their attitude. The average working man can't afford to go down and buy one. I know that some don't want the price to go down because they say anyone could buy one then but who in the hell is "ANYONE"? We used to be the ones that were the outcasts and we didn't fit in anywhere else. Now you have folks that ride Harleys that want to exclude people because of their economic situation. I love the bike, not the name and damn sure not the company. Just remember, the only reason Harley survived was because of military contracts and police dept. contracts. It was them or Indian and it has been said that Harley just had more money to do a little pocket padding than Indian did.
  • February 24, 2010 1:44 PM PST
    I take my hat off to Harley. they are doing what they need to so that they may keep goin..not like some companies who will remain nameless here who relied on the govt to bail them out when times got tough..not like the old days when the tough and business savvy survived. Harley has been alive for this long for a VERY good reason..
  • February 24, 2010 1:47 PM PST

HDMama, I LOVE MY SPORTSTER too!  I am doing the same thing you are and making it mine.  I'm just glad to be able to have one , any one!  I do think the company needs to get back in touch with the riders that put more than 2k lifetime miles on their bike.

• 513 posts
    February 24, 2010 7:46 PM PST
    TheExtreme wrote...
    Hoghaven, I agree with ya. Harley is not like it used to be. Nothing is, I know. When the boutique became the norm, you could see a difference in their attitude. The average working man can't afford to go down and buy one. I know that some don't want the price to go down because they say anyone could buy one then but who in the hell is "ANYONE"? We used to be the ones that were the outcasts and we didn't fit in anywhere else. Now you have folks that ride Harleys that want to exclude people because of their economic situation. I love the bike, not the name and damn sure not the company. Just remember, the only reason Harley survived was because of military contracts and police dept. contracts. It was them or Indian and it has been said that Harley just had more money to do a little pocket padding than Indian did.

I must admit a part of me does still miss when it was socially unacceptable to be a biker. People would give you a wide berth but now they feel they can come up and give their opinion on the last episode of american chopper or biker build off, they still get real offended when you tell them to go away.
    The world is a changing place, faster sometimes than I would like but I think it it how you let it affect you is solution. If Harley are going to survive then they have to do as everybody else has done and do what it takes to get through this. I don't think the v-rod is the answer either, I don't know what is but I know I will never own anything else other than Harley!

• February 24, 2010 8:43 PM PST
    TheExtreme wrote...

Harley did alot more than padding pockets on the military contract that killed Indian. Had they stuck to the contract and built what it called for like Indian did me may all be ridding Indians today