Meet-Up in Palm Springs at American Heat (Past Event)

• 5420 posts
    October 14, 2010 2:58 AM PDT
    I know its kind of last minute, but my plans have changed so I am able to head out to Palm Springs for American Heat... but only for the day on Saturday.  I know we have a few members going, and if your schedules permit, I would love to get together for a beer or two, or at least just to say Hi!

I haven't been there for a few years, so if anyone has any ideas on where we can meet, I am open.  Probably sometime mid-day or afternoon on Saturday would work best.

Info on American Heat here
    !
  • October 14, 2010 4:19 AM PDT
    Will be our first time there so I have no input as to where to meet...........will be watching on here to see. Only Saturday/Saturday night for us also.
  • g
    October 14, 2010 5:57 AM PDT
    have a good one guys .
  • October 14, 2010 5:59 AM PDT
    Me and the mrs are going to be there saturday only as well. We have a bday party in yucca valley that night. Let us know whats up ok.
    • 5420 posts
    October 14, 2010 7:19 AM PDT
    For anyone riding out from So Cal, I figure I would share my route in case you wanted to ride along...

I'll be leaving Lake Forest (Cook's Corner) around 7:30 am on Saturday.

Taking Ortega Hwy (74) to the 15 and down to Temecula.  I should be in Temecula around 9:00am for a short coffee and gas stop.

Then 79 (Temcula Pkwy) -> 371 -> 74 and into Palm Desert.

Anyone who wants to meet up, let me know.

Click Here to See the Map
  • October 14, 2010 11:31 AM PDT
    My husband and I will be there on Saturday but we're going with other family so I'm not sure if we can meet up...but definitely keep us posted through the forum just in case! Thanks. We go every year and enjoy checking out all the different bikes and sights to see.
  • October 15, 2010 3:38 AM PDT
    Hubby and I are going too. We live closer to Temecula (Perris). Where are you meeting in Temecula for coffee and gas?
    • 5420 posts
    October 15, 2010 3:59 AM PDT
    Ok, for anyone who wants to meet up, lets meet at the Hair of the Dog Saloon at NOON.  It is right on Palm Canyon Dr at the north end of the section closed off for the event.

Map to Hair of the Dog Saloon
    • 5420 posts
    October 15, 2010 4:08 AM PDT
    RaceAngel, We will be stopping at the On the Run Station - corner of 79 (Temecula Pkwy) and Butterfield Stage Rd. (about 4 miles east of I-15).

We should be there right around 9:00 - 9:30am.

Let me know if you are going to meet us there.

Click here for the Route Map

• October 15, 2010 4:27 AM PDT
    Lucky we will try to meet you there at that time.
    • 5420 posts
    October 15, 2010 12:34 PM PDT
    See ya there!
    • 5420 posts
    October 16, 2010 3:42 PM PDT
    Just rolled in after spending the day at American Heat in Palm springs.  We met our new friends Terry (wheels) & his wife Cheryl in Temecula around 9:00 am and headed out to Palm Springs.  There we met up with old friends Russ & Cindy (BikerCrap) and Kevin & Bea (who for some reason is still not signed up on CycleFish).  The rally wasn't much to talk about, low turn out, same old vendors (and a lot of them didn't show)...but we did enjoy just having a few beers & burgers with friends.

The first half of the ride home was great...we even stopped in and saw the grandkids...the second half the ride was rainy, cold and REALLY FOGGY in the canyons.