It's Been a Helluva Day...

• 223 posts
    January 2, 2011 2:34 AM PST
    Just wanted to kind of update you all on what's been happening. Ron's been to the ER a few times since I last posted, but that's par for the course for us. We went to see an internist who told us to call if we needed him; Ron was getting worse, so I called. He's toying around with a few ideas, Ron's condition is a real enigma, no one can figure it out. Next month we go to this big whoop-de-do doctor in Kansas City that our attorney set us up with for Ron's disability case. Don't get me wrong, the guy's good, the best in his field, but his job is to show Ron's disabled and it's his work's fault, it's not his job to diagnose and treat. So we just go day by day and hope it's a good one and when it's not, we just deal with it.

Austin is doing very well, back in school but still having a lot of complications from being shot. He's going to have them for some time but thankfully he's young and strong and has a great drive to live.

The "daughter" I spoke of, really took us for a ride. We took her into our home, fell in love with her, and got used too the fullest extreme. We don't regret it, at the time we believe she really did need it. But, she fell into the same pattern and lifestyle as her mother... well, she didn't "fall," she chose to go that route. She's used a lot of people and hurt a lot of people (we even still have her dog, she hasn't bothered to get him after six months) but I still feel that Ron and I did the right thing in helping her out. Hopefully, she'll get her head out of her ass and realize there's a better life out there than the one she's choosing and it's okay to let people love you and love them back without expectations of what you can get out of them.  We still love her, but we know we were taken advantage of and we really can't say anything because when it comes down to it, we allowed it.

It's been a crazy year and I can't say I'm glad to see it go, just that we've learned a lot and had a helluva ride on this leg of the journey! Can't wait to see what twisties and turnies, hills and plains, storms and underpasses this next year will bring!

Thank you everyone, for your good thoughts, prayers, and positive energy and please keep these two kids in your prayers. They're gonna need them...

Peace,

Beki
  • January 2, 2011 2:55 AM PST
    Prayers for all in this new year.. and for you being the glue... Hugs sister
  • January 2, 2011 3:09 AM PST
    thoughts and prayers are on the way