the cops in my town

• October 8, 2010 9:59 PM PDT
    As some of you know from some of my older post, I am no fan of the cops here in Lorain, Ohio. Here is just 2 more reasons for this dislike, from yesterdays local paper.  Lorain Officer said to have alibi for forgery charge. Get this, he was in jail for missing a court date regarding harassment charges filed by his ex-wife. He had also been arrested in Jan. of 09 for stalking,  harassment and filling false reports on an ex-girlfriend. In another case a cop is on trial for rape that took place when he was on duty. The FBI has been called in to investage the department and court system for wide spread corruption here but has yet to give an findings.
    • 1364 posts
    October 9, 2010 12:29 AM PDT
    Hell, I think I would move
    • 1780 posts
    October 9, 2010 12:47 AM PDT
    Moose you had better watch yourself in that po dunk town you have there.
    Dragon
    • 1509 posts
    October 9, 2010 12:56 AM PDT
    youngstown is reported to be a very centralized area for organized crime this is an exceptional locational locale for access to the mid weast and north east. you guys are not too far away. 12 ga keeps the a holes away
    • 9 posts
    October 9, 2010 1:00 AM PDT
    Small town cops SCARE me....
  • October 9, 2010 2:27 AM PDT
    RockBottom wrote...
    Small town cops SCARE me....

We had a few bad apples in the small town I grew up in.  When I was in high school, we had a guy everybody called "Otto", a young guy promoted from parking enforcement, that was over at my folks' place to investigate a break-in.  Seemed like a good enough guy.  Except a week later, he was off the force, accused of picking up girls from the high school and taking them back to his place for a nooner over lunch hour. 

Another guy had an off-duty run-in with a local bar owner (and good friend of mine), so he started parking just outside of Pete's lot at bar time to watch for OWIs.  Pulled me over one night after my muffler broke coming out of Pete's lot, smelled alcohol (I'd had exactly one beer that night), and made me do the whole routine before letting me go.  Another friend wasn't so lucky and was arrested for OWI within one city block of his house.

Most of 'em are good guys, but I keep my eyes open, too.
    • 5420 posts
    October 9, 2010 5:46 AM PDT
    Geez BullMoose, sounds more like a movie. Well I guess if I ever get up your way you're gonna have to come meet me in the next town over. I really don't want to wind up in "Boss Hogs" jail.
  • October 9, 2010 7:53 AM PDT
    Wow,bad stuff there.Watch your six Moose.
  • October 9, 2010 9:02 AM PDT
    update: the cop that was on trial for rape got off scott free, all charges dropped ,ya got to love the Judges here too. Oh almost forgot the cop that was to lazy to fill out a report on 2 hand guns that someone turned to him and he disposed of them by throwing them down a storm drain is still on the force.
    • 5420 posts
    October 9, 2010 10:43 AM PDT
    How do the rest of the people in town feel. No way they can get the city to clean the crap up?
    • 19046 posts
    October 9, 2010 11:38 PM PDT
    Threw them down the storm drain?? Yeah Right, more like they became throw down pieces...
  • October 10, 2010 12:10 AM PDT
    I agree with Rex about the guns are gonna be used later!!!! And of course the cop was found innocent , the only time they are ever found guilty is when the cops are caught red handed on video.Cops The DA'soffice and Judges all have members that are crooked and should be thrown in jail, but i still believe there are excellent people in these positions in most cities in the US.
  • October 10, 2010 1:06 AM PDT
    Our youngest son lives in a small/medium town that has a community college. One of the certificate programs is a law enforcement academy. Using the word academy is a loose interpretation of the term. He says most of the kids on the LE program are nothing but bullies and thugs. Guess its the same most anywhere. I know some good cops - and have worked in county government just down the hall from the sheriff's department, lots of good guys, but some bad apples too. the local sheriff had no problem firing a poor cop. The town we live in now has a couple of good guys, and a couple of thugs.
    • 1780 posts
    October 12, 2010 12:55 AM PDT
    It's just like anything else....I've met some really good, honest cops, and then there are the Ass holes that need to be taken out and have the shit kicked out of them. Usually it takes a LOT of good people for the public to think good about a group of people, but it only takes a few ass holes for the public to think bad about a group of people. What ever happen to Andy and Barney?
    • 846 posts
    October 12, 2010 3:50 AM PDT
    I’ve to agree with the comment “There are some good ones and then there are the ones…”. It’s not just in one area it all over. This just reminded me off our own little band of pirates wearing a blue uniform. They are waiting on a decision on whether to fire them or let them continue to work in my town. Well there offence is being deceitful. Deceitful over what? Over the 80 pounds of grass they stole out of the town’s evidence locker. You see when the rest of the police force in town was having a Christmas party these yoyo’s broke into the evidence locker and gave it back to the dealers that originally had it. Then one was seen selling it out of his curser while on duty. Why not are they dismiss on the thief charges. It took so long to get the evidence to prosecute them that the statute of limitation had expired on the thief charges.
    • 1066 posts
    October 12, 2010 6:46 AM PDT
    Man, I have outlived all the guys that were on the PD in this part of Ohio Moose. The officers they have now must not be too bad, I don't hear any bad shit about them. This used to be kind of a Bad Ass town 20 or 30 years ago. A lot of drunks, a lot of fights. The old drunks must have worn out the old cops. Now days, things seem to be pretty quiet and cool around here. These guys aren't even bad about the pipes on our bikes.
    • 1780 posts
    October 12, 2010 10:56 AM PDT
    Damn it we need John Wayne back again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!