My other hobby, what I did this weekend besides riding

• October 4, 2010 5:51 AM PDT

This is video of me and my kid racing at the PAS.  I'm the black 17 and he's the green car and had his best finish last race (3rd) after passing me and this race 2nd.  He's getting good.  So proud.
    • 1364 posts
    October 4, 2010 6:41 AM PDT
    Very cool
    • 19046 posts
    October 4, 2010 6:58 AM PDT
    Yeah! VERY cool!
  • g
    October 4, 2010 7:15 AM PDT
    well cool ,bet ur so proud ,,
    • 1066 posts
    October 4, 2010 7:39 AM PDT
    That don't look like a "Grandma" driving that car from where I'm watchin. But then my Grandma never drove, and all Grandpa ever had was a 29 Model A Sedan.
  • October 4, 2010 8:06 AM PDT
    That is sooooo cool. Just love that bumping going on between you two.
  • October 4, 2010 8:36 AM PDT
    Remind me to ground that boy for next race.................lol
  • October 4, 2010 3:18 PM PDT
    very cool, were gonna have to come up and watch the races! We have not been in a few seasons. How many races are left this year? or are you done for the year. My buddies and I spent 20 plus years going to the races out at the old El Cajon Speedway until city planners decided it would be better to build self storage facilities where the track had been for 50 years. IDIOTS!!!

• 1161 posts
    October 4, 2010 10:59 PM PDT
    I miss going to the races!  That looked like a blast.  I was chearing for you and your son even tho you said you were 3rd and he was 2nd.   lol

• 19046 posts
    October 5, 2010 12:33 AM PDT
    Hey when I get to CA youse guys gonna hafta take me to watch a race...
    • 58 posts
    October 5, 2010 1:57 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Hey when I get to CA youse guys gonna hafta take me to watch a race...

NO better place to watch a race than from the pits!!!! 

• October 5, 2010 3:28 AM PDT
    We only have one Stock car race left this season on Nov. 20th. Championship night. My boy is 10 points out of the Championship with the last race being double points night.  We have a few Sprint car races left.

This weekend is (10/9) USAC/CRA Sprints Cars - "Southern California Fair".  You can get into the races for the cost of admission to the fair which is $8.00. Qualifying and heats at 1:00 pm, Main event starts @ 7:00. I work as a pit reporter/infield announcer on Sprint Car nights.

10/23 "Legends of Ascot" USAC/CRA Sprint Cars, USAC Focus Midgets, USAC Jr. Focus Midgets, WRA Vintage Cars. $5 with military identification

If you like watching the best Sprint car drivers in the Nation, they'll be here on these dates. It's like the Superbowl of Sprint car racing.
    11/4 Budweiser Oval Nationals
    11/5 Budweiser Oval Nationals & California Lightning Sprints
    11/6 Budweiser Oval Nationals & California Lightning Sprints

This is our last race of the season for the Stock Cars. Me, my hubby and the boy race Street Stocks this night.
    11/20 PASSCAR "Champions Night"- Street Stocks, Factory Stocks, Modifieds, Sport Mod's, Super Stocks/West Coast Street Stocks, CDCRA Dwarf Cars & NMRA Midgets,
    Donate $5 of canned goods you will also receive a ticket good for a race in March 2011. Free with military identification.
     t's only $9.00 admission on Stock car nights. Pretty cheap date and fun.

Our final Sprint car race is
    11/27 "Glenn Howard Memorial" USAC/CRA Sprint Cars and USAC Western States Midgets
    Donate $5 of canned goods you will also receive a ticket good for a race in March 2011.

I have a lot of unbridled energy. Riding my bike and racing keeps me focused on the positive and out of trouble. Besides, I can take my aggression out on the track then kick back and ride my bike the next day to reflect.
  • October 5, 2010 3:35 AM PDT
    This is very kewl....I used to b a crew member for a few race teams on a local track in N. GA....Looks a you & yours are having a blast!!!!
  • October 5, 2010 3:36 AM PDT
    Wheels I know what you mean about our tracks disappearing. I've never been to El Cajon but my friends have and I never got to go to Ascot but hear about it constantly from the "old timers" as well as the young adults that grew up at that track. I know that we lost Manzanita too last year (Arizona). Hopefully our track will stick around for a long while but they have built housing tracks all around. Scary. I don't race asphalt (anymore) and would have to travel to find a dirt track. I love racing dirt. Nothing like being on the edge of total chaos.
    • 5420 posts
    October 5, 2010 4:05 AM PDT
    I think we should make the 11/20 race CycleFish night at the track and all go out and cheer on RaceAngel and her boys. 

Who's in????
    • 1780 posts
    October 5, 2010 4:15 AM PDT
    Damn that was cool.....I found myself leaning as I watched you guy were going around the curves!!!
    Cool very cool
    Dragon
    • 58 posts
    October 5, 2010 5:16 PM PDT
    Would you know if they are still racing in Watsonville? That's up Hwy 1 just North of Monterey. I helped out some for a guy name of Pettit. He won SW Jr in '86 or maybe it was '87..
  • October 5, 2010 8:15 PM PDT
    Lucky that sounds like a great idea getting together for the races on the 20th of november, im definitely in on that. Raceangel good luck about keeping the track going, its old fashioned family fun thats hard to beat. Cajon speedway was a paved 3/8th mile that also had a figure eight course. We will try to stop by and say hi at the end of the race if your not to busy packing up ok.
  • October 6, 2010 4:04 AM PDT
    I am so looking forward to meeting some of the Cyclefish family. I turn my headsets and mic in after the end of the night so I'm a little late getting back down to my pits. But my team drivers/crew chief and crew will be by our cars #12, #72, #17 Street Stocks) till I get back down. You can't miss me I'll be the chatty one on the microphone in the infield and driving the number 17 Street Stock. I will give the group a shout out on the mic!
  • December 1, 2010 4:00 AM PST
    So our race was scheduled before the last Sprint car race last Sat. It was a busy day for me as I raced, interviewed the drivers/champions and also race a challenge race before starting my job interviewing the Sprint car drivers later that evening.

My son didn't win the championship but did finish 3rd in points overall in his 2nd year of racing. Got Rookie of the year last year and was spotted by a driving scout for possible sponsorship for next season. My husband finished 4th and finished 4th in points.

I started on the outside 2nd row and was running 4th when I learned a valuable lesson. A driver came up beside my car and pointed to my tires. I patted my hands (the signal for a flat tire) and he again pointed to my car and shook his head yes. I went from left to right to see if I could feel a flat and it didn't seem like I had a flat but the last race I can into the pits and my right rear tire was down. I thought perhaps my crew didn't change the tire and I might have a slow leak. It was a yellow flag and better to come in on a yellow than to come in on a green flag and go a lap down so I turned into the work area.......where my crew cheif promptly went balistic. Why are you coming in he asked. A driver told me I have a flat I said. Then he stated "You don't have a flat, get your a** back out on the track". Oops! So I had to restart in the back worked my way back up to 6th before almost running over an official and having to veer off the track finished in 7th.

As fate would have it the driver that told me I had a flat won the race, the $1000.00 and the Championship. And I got to interview him! Guess how that went? He said that he was asking me if he had a flat.....a likely story! Actually he is a nice guy and should have pointed to himself and patted his hands instead of my car.

I told him I was going to throw him under the bus for a while because I could and don't piss off a woman with a microphone! We're off for the next 3 months to rebuild our motors and re-skin and repaint our cars. So I guess I can ride my bike on Sat and Sun for a while.
    • 51 posts
    December 1, 2010 4:19 AM PST
    Well that sucks, but sh!t happens. Good luck next season...enjoy the time off to ride your bike.
    • 5420 posts
    December 1, 2010 5:00 AM PST
    Sorry we couldn't make the re-scheduled date, but we will definitely come out and see you race next season. Maybe we'll see you on the road before that now that you are back to riding the bike on weekends.
  • December 1, 2010 7:59 AM PST
    That is awesome!!