So.... Where have you lived?

• 1364 posts
    September 8, 2010 5:38 AM PDT
    When I was a youngster in North Platte Nebraska, we lived in a house that William F. Cody (buffalo Bill) lost in poker game.... Moved to western Washington in 1969.
    • 5420 posts
    September 8, 2010 6:22 AM PDT
    Born in Poughkeepsi, NY then lived in...
    East Orange, NJ
    North Plainfield, NJ
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Miramar, FL
    Mission Viejo, CA
    Irvine, CA
    Anaheim, CA
    San Diego, CA & Las Vegas, NV (part-time Monday thru Friday for a year for work)
    Lake Forest, CA
  • g
    September 9, 2010 8:05 AM PDT
    none of u lived in scotland then ???
  • September 10, 2010 4:53 PM PDT
    hgsc90 wrote...
    A country boy at birth in lewisburg, Ohio. A Sailor in Norfolk, Va. A student of Mechanical Engineering in Dayton, Ohio. A Mechanical / Electrical Technition in Grantsburg, Wisconsin. Retired Husband in Terrell, Texas.

MY Granddaughter was born in Grantsburg when I lived outside of finlayson MN 

Most of my life in Minnesota ... born in rochester, then to Crookston at around 3 months till 4, back to Rochester ... off to San Jose for my jr high years .. then back to Crookston Mn for a few months with the grandparents, then to the Cities (well Fridley) for part of high school, then well got married YOUNG and off moundsview, New Brighton, Quamba, Anoka, Andover, East Bethel, Isanti ,,, a few months on the run to Centuria, Wisc. then back to Isanti, Dalbo, Fanilayson, Dalbo, Sandstone, St Paul.... and now in this uhmmm place I'm stuck in for now called Albert Lea..... yeah through out Minnesota most of my life.... seen other areas I absolutely love like the eastern part of Tennesse and western part of NC! LOVE IT THERE!! 

• 223 posts
    September 10, 2010 6:26 PM PDT
    g wrote...
    none of u lived in scotland then ???

Nope, but will hopefully visit one day!  Have some ancestors from there though and want to visit the Rossyln Chapel as well.  Who knows?  Maybe one day we'll meet up and ride the road together!

• 19049 posts
    September 10, 2010 7:05 PM PDT
    I too spent a career in the USAF, medically retired after 14 years.

I both loved and  hated it but wouldn't do it different if I had to do it again.
    These are just the places I lived for more than a few weeks at a time.

Born Holidaysburg PA 1946
    Philly 1954
    Pope AFB Fayetteville NC (actually Spring Lake NC) 1966
    Mildenhall AB  England 1967
    Cam Rahn Bay Vietnam 1969
    Philly again 1970
    Chanute AFB Rantoul Il 1971
    McGuire AFB NJ 1972
    Anderson AFB Guam 1973
    Keesler AFB MS 1975
    Nellis AFB NV 1976
    6 mos Seatle WA at Boeing Plant 1977
    Tinker AFB OK 1978
    Glenolden PA 1980
    Doylestown PA 1987
    Sellersville PA 1988
    Lansdale PA 1990 till now.

Soon to become transient again...
  • September 11, 2010 12:46 AM PDT
    My list is pretty boring compared to some of you, spent all of my life here in Illinois. Lived in Aurora, Oswego, and Yorkville. All of them not even 20 miles apart.
    • 580 posts
    September 15, 2010 3:16 AM PDT
    Never lived outside of England - or even Yorkshire. Born in Halifax West Yorkshire, moved to Withernsea in East Yorkshire, back to Halifax for a few years, back to Withernsea for a few more and then back to Halifax where I've been for last 32 years. Bit like a yo yo!!! (o:
    • 58 posts
    September 15, 2010 3:38 PM PDT
    Hey, yo yo's can be fun!!!
  • September 15, 2010 4:15 PM PDT
    very interesting looking at all the list, also a few of you, do you even fully unpack your stuff? wow!
    • 58 posts
    September 15, 2010 4:25 PM PDT
    Not for a long time. Been in the same place now for 10 years, gettin the itch...
    • 223 posts
    September 15, 2010 4:41 PM PDT
    wheels wrote...
    very interesting looking at all the list, also a few of you, do you even fully unpack your stuff? wow!

Nope, lol!!!

• September 16, 2010 6:45 AM PDT
    totes work great they don't break down like boxes do haahaa --- hoping in the next year to make a move away form this place -- to where??? who knows